Author Topic: 3.6.8 Screenshots (WARNING: Not 56k friendly!)  (Read 83727 times)

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Re: 3.6.8 Screenshots (WARNING: Not 56k friendly!)
That's the nameplate.  There's a fix in the FSU forum somewhere.

And can someone remind me where to find that version of the subspace ani?  I really like it much better.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
That was certainly some interesting running commentary there.  Though it certainly dropped the classiness of this thread down a few knotches... great job!  :lol:
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Bri_Dog

Is there a way to use HDR with nVidia cards?  :nervous:
Sig

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
hmm, how do you enable HDR? those pics look kinda like they're bumpmapped. if i don't like it, i switch it off. if i do, i leave it on and that's that. :D

[edit] or is HDR only on certain cards?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 12:20:22 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
First off.
None of my images are bumbmapped.
Just standard 3.6.8vps.
As far as that subspace ani goes.
3.6.8vps!
If anyone couldn't tell, THAT WAS WITH HDRis SMARTSHADER MAKING IT LOOK NICER.
As far as getting hdr with nvidia as a smartshader.
See if nvidia uses the same type of pss format for it's smartshaders.
If it does, see if you can plop hdrish in there and give a try.
Or find a convertor.
BUT ALL THOSE SCREENS WERE WITH HDRish enhancing the aspects of fs2.
Anyone using 3.6.8vps will get the same result as i do with hdrish, even the subspace effects :)
I'm just showing off how good hdrish is as opposed to the people in the colossus improvements post.
The only other improvement i have, is that i have custom flags for lasers and beams dynamic lighting to the max pretty much, because lasers and beams sure as hell do not give off tiny amounts of lighting. :)

If anyone would like hdrish, contact me on messenger and i'll send it to you, it's very tiny, and it doesn't have any slowdowns on game performance that i could detect.
I already made a delivery for cobra.
Then again i have a 9800pro 256mb ddr.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
The subspace animation has gone back and forth between that one and one more like the retail effect.  I find that the one you are using obscures the emergence of ships much better and is my preference, but I think the general consensus was to go back to something more like what was used in retail FS2.

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline neoterran

HDRish is not HDR. It's a special plugin that can be used only on ATI cards. Geforce FX users are SOL (I'm one of these, but not for long, time to upgrade when G80 hits, and the 7800GS falls below 3 bills)

Geforce 6, 7 users get real HDR, but i don't think you can get it to work with Freespace2 without support.

So that in a nutshell, is what's going on. ATI's smartshader is pretty damn cool, Nvidia doesn't have a similar feature. (although technically it could, and technically, HDR is much better than HDRish, but not when it comes to this game, since it doesn't do anything)
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
The reason the emergence and exits of the ships are more obscured is because of the HDRish SHADER.
And i'm using the 3.6.8vp delta's for those concerned with the subspace ani, since people like it when combined with HDRish.
Real hdr works fine for me in halflife2 with my 9800pro 256mb ddr.
Reminds me of the time i had my 9600se 128mb ddr, i did the halflife2 hdr graphics test with it:D
SLOOOOOOOW, but it could do it :)
In the graphics options of halflife2 it let me select either select bloom, or full hdr :p
It did the hdr fine, just death defyingly slow, it was pretty funny :lol:
Then my 9800pro 256mb ddr came around(i'm only proud of the card because amazon sent me the wrong 9800pro 128mb ddr :D), which can do real hdr, at much better speeds. :D
SM2.0 is capable of doing real hdr, and SM3.0 is capable of doing it faster.
SM3.0 has a lot more speed enhancements than it does extra visual features (like better bump mapping depth).
The main reason ati users can't really do hdr in farcry is because farcry is completely SM3.0 dependent for it's hdr.
Farcry had SM3.0 hdr first, half life 2 found out later you could do real hdr with SM2.0 when they actually tried to do it.
The fact that geforce 6 and 7 users get real hdr based soley on the fact it requires only SM3.0 is not true.
The only ATI cards with SM3.0 are the x1000 class of graphics cards.
You can do real hdr with SM2.0.
Also the "SM3.0 can only do real hdr" is a really dumb slander campaign from nvidia.
Marketing at it's best. :doubt:
What we should do is like see if we could get real hdr for fs2, but, i know the scp already has a lot on it's shoulders.
Fs2 clearly calls for the real stuff.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 03:20:51 am by S-99 »
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
HTL Recreation of the front of the box: (I should have turned animated beams back on.)

That should be the new SCP loading picture
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I agree. It's a nice nod to the original box art as well as being a damn fine screenshot in its own right.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Too bad about the clipping at the beam exit explosion point.  Come to think of it, why isn't it using the LOD0 explosion effect?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
well how about who ever made that picture work on it (maybe add some more fighters and bombers) and get a real nice picture that can replace the current one?
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
what is the current one?

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Exploding Deimos.  I've got a version of that screenshot all set up too.  I should dig that up.

EDIT: Just need to swap out for the new Moloch and get the FOV settings right.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 12:39:29 pm by StratComm »

Offline Fear

Forgive me for my ignorance , havent been here for quite a long time but i have been lurking around from time to time. anyhow untill now i havent found a reason to go back to scp and fs2 because the improvement were 2 small for my taste to install and play it agian, but that hdr hooo that hdr look tasty ,very teasing i would say. now to the point im very confused , the lastest release comes with hdr support?

Offline Shade

No HDR in that screenshot. Just very well set up lighting.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
HDR has not been implemented. What he is using is a post process filter that his ATi-chip based card supports.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Shade

Ok, I guess there was HDR... just not from the SCP :p
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Forgive me for my ignorance , havent been here for quite a long time but i have been lurking around from time to time. anyhow untill now i havent found a reason to go back to scp and fs2 because the improvement were 2 small for my taste to install and play it agian, but that hdr hooo that hdr look tasty ,very teasing i would say. now to the point im very confused , the lastest release comes with hdr support?
Well fear you are ignorant indeed.
You didn't mention how long ago you used the scp.
Something tells me you're a little bit of a hypocrite if you hate absolutely everything else about the scp.
I mean, there's tons of htl models in there now, i guess you didn't notice that from the screenshots.
New beam effects, nope, must not have noticed that.
New flak, didn't notice it either.
Higher freaking poly'd and retextured ships, no didn't notice that.
The new sweet 3d shockwave explosions, guess you didn't see that either.
Guess you don't get to experience the 3dradar either.
Or the new AI flags for capital ships, didn't notice that either.
Fear hates all the cosmetics designed to enhance gameplay and the realism.
A good trick to enjoy it is making it work right first off :lol:
Now that fear hates all the cosmetics, he decides he likes the fake hdr costmetics?
What this mean?
FEAR LIKES AN ENHANCED GAME!!!
sound the hypocritical alarms.
The latest release does not come with fake hdr.
Only a radeon class card with smartshaders can do it so far.

Shut the **** up. :D
These people put in a lot of hard free time to this game.
I know you were looking at these screenshots, especially of the hecate.
Is that not impressive?
Go look up the thread for that hecate in the FSU forum.
Maybe you should have gone ahead and not be here for a longer time.

SMBFD

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Be Nice...

Fear as much entitled to his own opinion as you are entitled to disagree, but let's keep some decorum or this thread gets locked.