Author Topic: 3.6.8 Screenshots (WARNING: Not 56k friendly!)  (Read 84682 times)

Offline neoterran

Re: 3.6.8 Screenshots (WARNING: Not 56k friendly!)
The things that need the most work are those particular explosions (the popcorn is okay, but the very red hot explosions.. not the ones that you usually see that blossom out, those are fine, but the ones in that shot that are smaller) and also what happens when a ship gets shot (the white gas) that looks awful atm.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Those aren't really explosions, that's just beam fire frying the hull, looks much better when in motion.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
IMHO those beams look pretty bad when they're still, because it's obvious they all look the same, with 5 / 6 distinct bars

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
The fs2 retail beams are horrible. All the other retail beams are fine though.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline neoterran

The fs2 retail beams are horrible. All the other retail beams are fine though.

Huh ? All the other retail beams, besides the Fs2 ones ?   :wtf:

I don't use animated beams. I prefer the non-animated SCP ones.

Chief Grognard.

Perhaps he means the Lucifer beams from FS1?  :lol:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
The beams from the lucifer fs1 non-port were just horrible. After that, you have vanilla fs2 with the vanilla beams, and the shivans ones are just horrible. They have that wavy tearing apart look to them, which just looks ugly. Especially considering that the wavy parts don't move forward, they just stay looking horrible for the whole 7 second shivan beam barrage. It looks even more horrible for the shivan AAA turrets. I mean the terran and vasudan beams look a ton cleaner and even superior to shivan beams. When shivan beams got the tearing apart ripping thingy going on, it's ****ing ugly. What's more menacing is a clean coherent red beam coming from a lucifer. That's why i at least liked the shivan animated beams a lot better, but the high resolution scp beams for terrans and vasudans on the other hand are really great. But, i am a fan of the animated beams more, can't wait till the newer beams come out.

SMBFD

Offline Nuclear1

I've got a few. They're not anything close to what's been posted already, but I took them anyway.

Number two is currently being used as a loading screen, number three used to be my desktop, number four is my desktop and is being used as a loading screen.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 05:31:31 pm by nuclear1 »
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
.BMP!?  :mad: :hopping: :wtf:
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
The first and fouth are really cool :yes:. Try using another lighter format, bmp takes way too long to load.

Offline Nuclear1

Noted--changed to PNG.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
A fresh one, does anyone knows a better way of uploading images? Imageshack sometimes is way too slow.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
A fresh one, does anyone knows a better way of uploading images? Imageshack sometimes is way too slow.

What kind of connection do you have? For me it's near instant for up to the maximum size they allow.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
he probably has the dreaded dial-up. :nervous:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Do not speak those words again! :nervous: What I have is a really overpriced piece of ****. Ah, it really doesnt matter though, I'm thinking about changing mine soon.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
woot, the creator busts out some pretty shots.

This is a screenshot from Pathways' demo. :nervous:

Myrmidon jumping out with Axem's effect (without taylor's build)

Disabled Satis

Patrolling Leviathan

Asteroids

Tau Sigma Station

Charybdis (also a pic from Pathways' demo)
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Speaking of "Pathway" any update on the campaign, since its been nearly a year on the forums, in Game Warden???

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
2 years. and we're redoing some missions on the demo. :p

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Pathways? Wich campaign is that?

Offline neoterran

I don't think that is Axems latest swirling warp effect as you can see the edges are way too sharp, his newest model has a much smoother bowl on the bottom side of it. Go check the thread.

Also, your planet needs a little lightspeed action, don't you think ?  ;)
Chief Grognard.