Author Topic: Needs to be said...  (Read 1352 times)

Needs to be said...
This is just one of those things that needs to be said from time to time.  Big thanks to all you guys for continually enhancing Freespace 2 to make it the sim it is today.  FS2, straight out of the box, was already heads and shoulders above other popular space sims.  With all the new enhancements created by the FS2 community, there's not another game out there in the same genre that can touch FS2+SCP+Graphics/Sound mods.

Thanks.

AGBallistic

And here I thought you were about to tell the SCP what it could go do with itself.  I'm getting too cynical...

Anyway, welcome!

:welcome:

Someone give him the rest of the spiel.  And could we get a definitive version of that posted somewhere?
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Inquisitor

No signature.

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
Originally posted by Moonsword
could we get a definitive version of that posted somewhere?

heck no. each person gives it there own little unique twist that makes it special.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
[color=66ff00]Damn straight, I started it and the rest as they say is (poorly recorded) history...

:D
[/color]

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Hey Ballistic, welcome to HLP. It's awesome that you get enjoyment out of this thing too - I totally agree, these guys have done a bang-up job with it. :nod:

:welcome:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Well, since The Speech has not been uttered:

Welcome to HLP!  There are shotguns(or flamethrowers I can never remember as I don't use either much) under the seats.  Regardless they don't any ammo in them.  There are a few energy weapons in the Weapons Locker up front but the admins have the key and they don't share much.  In your wanderings you may see shapes in the ductwork, DO NOT PANIC, that is probably Carl.  Just give him your lunch or some other raw meat and back away slowy lest he fry you up with his shoulder cannon.  That's about it, have fun and happy posting.  One last thing, don't let the few hardcore Lefty Atheist Commie buggers scare you off, Kazan and Rictor are mostly harmless.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

And I suppose the overly Righteous Religious Republican Right is nothing to be scared of, right?

Just don't touch the political threads and you'll live.  A lot of people, including Liberator and myself, have strong political beliefs, and the forums have been known to turn into a pit of flames from it, at least those threads.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline J3Vr6

SCP people, can I hug you?
"I wanna drink til I'm drunk, and smoke til I'm senseless..."
-Tricky

"Hey barkeep, who's leg do I have to hump to get a dry martini around here?"
-Brian, Family Guy

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Welcome to hlpbb Ballistic.

Liberator, you're an arse for bringing politics into this.
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Originally posted by Moonsword
And here I thought you were about to tell the SCP what it could go do with itself.  I'm getting too cynical...

Ditto.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm