Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844105 times)

...or Basileus will not be shooting at us (GTA), but at Shivans?

Well the Shivans haven't ceased to exist in the meantrime, so it could happen sooner or later. Don't know though.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
...or Basileus will not be shooting at us (GTA), but at Shivans?
maybe
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Made of arcane slav magic, beer, pipes from Chernobyl reactor, and love... And polygons...

Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

:yes:

What's the thing at the backside of the upper tower useful or?

That looks ****ing fantastic

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
GTVA Crewperson 1: Hey, what's a Leviathan doing out here?
GTVA Crewperson 2: Uhh, that thing's 3 klicks from us.
GTVA Crewperson 1: Wait a moment...

Pretty much what Techno said. Looking forward to seeing Nemy in action  :nod:

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
:yes:

What's the thing at the backside of the upper tower useful or?
Covers for auxiliary reactors, mounted in armored tubes outside the hull to immediately radiate all the heat into space. Inactive by default, they provide power for second jump drive in emergency situations... Like her infamous nanojump.

Main reactors are located in hexagonal part between command tower and lower section. This part is fully influenced by Fenris/Leviathan.
GTVA Crewperson 1: Hey, what's a Leviathan doing out here?
GTVA Crewperson 2: Uhh, that thing's 3 klicks from us.
GTVA Crewperson 1: Wait a moment...
GTVA Crewperson 3: Guys? I think we're seriously ****ed up...

Will they receive some proper animation?

And 1 more Q, is the flat place underneath it receiving a turret? Because elseway it would be atleast an omission from EAs designers (hehe ;) ) to leave large areas around a critical subsystem unprotected/uncovered.

And yeah, I don't like that much how it stings out of the design. I'd prefer to see it a bit deeper - still somewhat above the flat plain below, perhabs connected with it through something similar to the nice grid details you made on the lower part of the ship model.

Offline 5thAce

Where are the bridges of EA ships located? Deep inside the ship or towards the outer edges? Is nemesis' bridge in the tower?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
That looks like a figherbay on the belly just ahead of the ventral superstructure.  If so, it looks like it could have either a belly entrance, or a front-facing one... or both.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
And 1 more Q, is the flat place underneath it receiving a turret? Because elseway it would be atleast an omission from EAs designers (hehe ;) ) to leave large areas around a critical subsystem unprotected/uncovered.
It's protected by one blob and one beam above it + pair of multiparts on the engine section.
Where are the bridges of EA ships located? Deep inside the ship or towards the outer edges? Is nemesis' bridge in the tower?
Probably deep inside the tower. Viewing decks visible on the tower are "fake bridge" type of detail. Just because I like this kind of details.
That looks like a figherbay on the belly just ahead of the ventral superstructure.  If so, it looks like it could have either a belly entrance, or a front-facing one... or both.
Both. I was thinking about fly-through, but scrapped that idea. Anyway both front and belly entrances are linked to the same internal, hangar space. They will be 2 separate subsystems ingame.

Wouldn't that mean that there's a large blind spot where no turret cna reach underneath it?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Stinger batteries protects it from broadsides, while gattling turrets cover everything above. Nothing shall pass. I may set larger firing angle for stinger batteries...

...but this is silly. No fighter will ever enter this spot.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist

In the FS1 gauntlets I’d fly a Valkyrie and uses primaries and dumbfires to kill the destroyer at the end by nestling myself in the fighterbay.

R

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Calling it now. We're totally flying a stealth fighter in there. :cool:

Offline mr.WHO

The "bulge" (fighterbay?) under the front-bottom part make it look fatter and less agressive than original.
I'd suggest elongate the bottom tower to mitigate this visually.

Also I think that the radar tower looks tiny like from smaller ship. Maybe if it would be 50% bigger it would fit and also work well to mitigate the "fat part".

Other than above it's near perfection.

Can we see textured version?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 12:43:10 pm by mr.WHO »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
The fighterbay section has the same proportions as older version. In fact, whole Nemesis does. Current model is based on Moonred's mesh released with last release of Nostos and no proportions were changed... Other than radar that was ridiculously large and made whole ship looks smaller.

As for textured version, it's not done yet.

Stinger batteries protects it from broadsides, while gattling turrets cover everything above. Nothing shall pass. I may set larger firing angle for stinger batteries...

I'll surely test this once the model is complete. :D

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Come closer, Exiles. Face our cannons...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 02:42:08 pm by Nyctaeus »

OMG OMG OMG :jaw: