Author Topic: SHINY - MediaVP 3.6.8 Delta  (Read 87553 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Re: SHINY - MediaVP 3.6.8 Beta
mv_models contains a modular table file to override the model name to fighter2t-02hp.pof, so the old model shouldn't be used at all with it installed. :)
-C

hey one question, how you fix the helios - tech pof......i got the vpmage up and i just can't figure out how to edited it????

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Easy way to fix the helios-tech.pof problem for now is to extract the pof with for example VPView (right-click - Extract to Dir) to mediavps/data/models folder and then renaming it to helios_tech.pof
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline starfox

Well, I don't know if this related to Media_vp:s or not, but whenever I hit the commit button, I get CTD.
I'm using the latest 20051229 - Standard Build and 3.6.8 Upgraded Betas. It's not model issue, I can access all models in shiplab&techroom. As said above, the installation is brand-new and only changes made are:

mv_effects-wep:
Added LucyBbtCannon

mv_models-shp
Added the following:

$Subsystem: turret18,0.5,0.5
    $Default PBanks: ( "LucyBbtCannon" )
$Subsystem: turret19,0.5,0.5

CTD comes every time, whenever its campaing mission or custom one, really strange....
One last thing, after I hit the commit button, for a split second I see some nebula and suns etc. bagrounds, then I'm thrown out...

UPDATE:
OpenGL seems to work alright...but not Direct 3D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 10:21:55 am by starfox »
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

arg i try to right click it, and nothng comes up.....i'm trying what you're saying like extracted, but after i click teh extract button nothing works

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Are you using VPView? If not check it out from Karajormas FAQ.

Also you should be able to extract files with VPMage: click 'File..' - select the mv_models.vp file - click 'Add Source' - On the right side screen you should see 'Data' folder, click it and open 'models' folder, select helios-tech.pof from the list, click 'Extract..' and select where to extract.

You can also extract pofs with modelview.

And please do not add your own stuff to official mediavp files or delete or otherwise edit the mediavp files. Add your own additional files or fixes to proper folders in the normal directory structure outside vp files (data/...). These were just my opinions and may not represent the the whole thruth in this issue.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
That unfortunately doesn't always work. The file location precedences seem to be kind of messed up at the moment. I have had several cases where files inside the media vp's were overriding stuff in the main directory or data folders, so you are forced to edit the vp in some cases.

Offline Gloc

• catstronautica
    • an intermittent signal
Hey guys, after lurking about here a long while, I figured it's time for a first post. :)

I'm running on the 3.6.8 media VPs with the 12.29 build, and this little thingy pops up upon loading a mission in either the retail campaign or in Derelict. I've just tested loading the first training mission, and it loads up just fine; it seems every mission after that will spit out the error below (although I haven't gone and tried loading every one of 'em :P).

Error: Can't open model file <New_Hornet.pof>
File:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Source Code\clean\fs2_open\code\model\modelread.cpp
Line: 1729
>[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------

I've tried subbing out the 3.6.8 VPs with the 3.6.7 ones, and they work just fine, minus the third patch for mv_models.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Just few post ago in this very thread... Oh well..

Don't mix different mediavp versions. If you use 3.6.8betas make sure you remove the 3.6.7 patches. Then download this and place it to your Derelict mod's folder in data/tables directory. I hope you have installed the SCP, mediavps and the mod following the guidelines from FSwiki? All mediavp files to their own folder, all mods in their own respective folders, and then adding proper mod.ini files to those mod folders.

Oh, and..
:welcome:

Offline Gloc

• catstronautica
    • an intermittent signal
My bad - I totally missed that when I looked through the thread.  :blah:

But yeah, I got it sorted out, and things are running smoothly. Thanks for the help! :)

Offline WMCoolmon

Warning: Couldn't fix up turret indices in spline path

Model: science01.pof
Path: $path04
Vertex: 0
Turret model id:16

Anyone else gotten this warning?
-C

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
I have not, but I may have a different version of the Faustus overriding it.  If you've ever gotten PCS working, just delete the turret from vertex 0 of path04 and that error will go away.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Are you using VPView? If not check it out from Karajormas FAQ.

Also you should be able to extract files with VPMage: click 'File..' - select the mv_models.vp file - click 'Add Source' - On the right side screen you should see 'Data' folder, click it and open 'models' folder, select helios-tech.pof from the list, click 'Extract..' and select where to extract.

You can also extract pofs with modelview.

And please do not add your own stuff to official mediavp files or delete or otherwise edit the mediavp files. Add your own additional files or fixes to proper folders in the normal directory structure outside vp files (data/...). These were just my opinions and may not represent the the whole thruth in this issue.

hey i got it to work now....thx for the advice....now since i got it to work somewhat happen to some of the missle looks different....i have a screenshot, just can't figure out on adobe photoshop...

Offline CaptJosh

In FS2 Main Campaign missions "Bearbaiting" and the one following, FS2 Open reports helios_tech.pof is missing. I can click ok and continue, however. And the missile showed up correctly in the loadout screen. However, now I can't get back into the mission after Bearbaiting. When I try to launch, it tells me I must picka place in the player squadron, or something to that effect, but this is a scramble mission, so I don't understand what's going on there.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline WMCoolmon

Sounds like a pilot file bug...have you tried replaying Bearbaiting? That seems like it might fix it.
-C

Offline CaptJosh

I can't. I completed "Bearbaiting." And near perfectly, I might add. All four beam cannons destroyed. I suppose I might try from the techroom, but I don't know that it would help.

One thing I noticed during Bearbaitingw though. When you call in the support ship, it appears you need to wait until after you fire your first set of topedoes at the Sathanas, otherwise, it shows up without any torps and so you sit there forever waiting for it to give you 4 new torpedoes and you get nothing but replacement Trebuchets for the ones you already used.

Regardless, it still doesn't explain why a pof for the Helios is listed as MIA by the debugger.
CaptJosh

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
About the helios_tech.pof issue... For example in the beginning of this page and also from post #121 onwards in this same thread.

Offline CaptJosh

Doh. I saw that before and forgot about it.
CaptJosh

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
Hi. I'm just an "user" of Freespace (I don't know much about coding) so maybe I've done something wrong, but I'm getting two "warnings" (after I close the windows, the game continues running) with latets builds and 3.6.8. vp's. I've deleted old 3.6.7 vp's, I have OpenAL installed and I've tried 29-12 and 07-01 builds.

1. First warning:

Just after the intro screen appears the game seems to hang to a black screen. Then if I press "Esc" key, I get a tipical  Ok-message window with the next content:

Window Title:  PlayWnd Sample
Message: FAILED(hr=0x80040154) in CoCreateInstance(CLSID_FilterGraph, NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, IID_IGraphBuilder, (void **)&pGB) (DShow error)
Buttons: OK (Aceptar in Spanish)

When I press "Aceptar" the game continues loading without problems and with sound

2. Second warning::

I wanted to check Derelict. I've read WMCoolmon's 118 reply so I have created a file named "derelict_fix-wep.tbm" with the WMCoolmon's content. I've also extracted Helios-tech.pof and renamed it to Helios_tech.pof. With this two files I've build mv_00patch.vp. Inside this vp, Helios_tech.pof is in "data\models" and derelict_fix-wep.tbm is in "data\tables". With this vp file in the FreeSpace2 directory I get the following warning just before the first one:

Error: derelict_fix-wep.tbm(line 62:
Error: Required token = [#End] or [$Name:], found [#Primary Weapons]
in weapon: Hornet#Weak.

File:\fs2_open\code\parse\parselo.cpp
Line: 606
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:

But if I press Ok button the game continues loading (till the first warning). Derelict MOD seems to work fine too.
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
2nd one: You seem to have an extra #Primary Weapons line there. And for the notice you do not have to build your own vp files... Just toss the files to the mods data/.... directories.. If you can PM the tbm to me (just copy paste it to the post field, no need to upload anything) i will check it.