Author Topic: IT'S DESTROYED!!!  (Read 51346 times)

Offline The Claw

• Run! Chickens Incoming!
 Yeah, and christianity was actually a peaceful religion before one of the popes said "totter off over there and beat their arses then".
 If people are willing to die for their religion, they are either very stupid or brainwashed- in most cases it's the last.
 This action, if it was religously motivated, goes against my belief that nobody has the right to force their religion on others- this goes from this action (IF it was religously motivated) to those annoying buggers in the street that call me the spawn of satan all the time. Although that is rather amusing.
 My condolences to those who lost their lives, and I feel saddened that such an action as this had been taken. I am not american, so if this had been a hijacked civilian plane with no passengers on board hitting a military target, I wouldn't really care very much, but this is... well, the only word I can think of for it is slaughter.
"I love the English for three reasons. One, we always beat you at rugby. Two, your wives are always friendly. Three you fought like devils to save us" Old French bloke at my uncles pub.
"One has plenty of time for contemplation while waiting for the endless waves of bad doggie werewolf monsters that chew your toes while you sleep"-Dradeel, BG2

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
What I wanna know- why didn't the passengers DO anything? I was expecting it to turn out that a third of the passengers on each plane were terrorists, sufficient numbers to subdue the rest if armed. Instead, we learn that at least in that one plane it was ONE GUY, and all of them were armed with a friggin' half- inch boxcutter!
I don't know about anyone else, but if I knew I was gonna die anyway I'd have jumped the hijacker, no matter what he had on him...

But nuking Afghanistan is basically another lynching, or more a genocide on a massive scale- if we did anything of the sort I'm afraid I'd have to agree with those assholes that this country is pure evil...

And people are willing o die for strange reasons- particularly if they are guaranteed a seat in heaven afterward. I've always found that many people who weren't agnostic/atheist like yours truly were willing to do the most monstrous things for religion... abortion clinic bombings, genocide (pretty much every single genocide, in fact), murders, etc. And even without religion, politics and other similar sorts of things can take its place.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Guys, allow me to state some facts for you. I will generalize, and of course there are always exceptions to the rule, but bear with me.

- The hatred and enmity between the Muslim Arabs and the Jewish people is a religious issue.

- The very existance of the State of Israel is a blasphemy to Allah and to Islam.

- The Koran teaches that to lie is perfectly acceptable if it further's Allah's cause, being the spreading of Islam to the ends of the earth.

- Arabs and Jews can and have lived together in harmony. It hasn't always been perfect, but the inter-racial situation here in Israel was much better before all this Oslo crap.

The reasons for this conflict of Islam against Judaisim and Christianity are exactly that: a conflict of religions. Each side can state that they are right until they're blue in the face, but it will not change the ultimate truth. Which is, you ask? Well, I have my own opinions about that, but that is far beyond this discussion board right now. Besides, I'm trying to keep this objective here. All I will say is that in The End™, we shall all see what is Right.

With that in mind, the conflict between Christianity/Judaisim and Islam will never be truly solved by man. "Truly" being the operative word. I'll leave it at that, but if anyone wants to find out more, just say so.

P.S. Joek asked what the difference was between Islam, Muslims and Arabs, IIRC. Muslims believe in Islam, just like Christians believe in Christianity. Both those are religon-oriented. Arabs are an ethnic group, with no nessecary relationship to religon. There are many Christian Arabs that I know of, for example, a few of them personally.

In the Bible, Abraham had 2 sons, Isaac and Ishmael. The decendants of Isaac are the Jews, and the descendants of Ishmael are the Arabs. The general acccepted religon of the Arab world is Islam, although that is by no means the only religon. Likewise, the general religon of the Jewish world is Judaisim, but neither is that all-inclusive.

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
In my opinion we should stop talking about religion,We all know how HLP staff thinks about topics that go too religion because they and others don't want a flame war started about this so please keep it ON topic.

------------------

------------------
                          [email protected]                        Staff member of
SOC Inferno,
can you defeat
the shivans?  
Soc Inferno

Project Rebellion
Gost of the past
iqc 102628858
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Oohh **** ...

In the news- they're ordering military strikes on most of the middle east! Afghanistan isn't much to worry about, but not only will we now fight w/o fuel, but who knows what weapons Iraq still has... this isn't good.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
A partial collaps confirmed of the Liberty Plaza.
743 FT. Tall,
54 floors
built in 1973
A pitty that is't almost going down and it will surely hit surounding buildings

------------------

------------------
                           [email protected]                         Staff member of
SOC Inferno,
can you defeat
the shivans?  
Soc Inferno

Project Rebellion
Gost of the past
iqc 102628858

[This message has been edited by darkage (edited 09-12-2001).]
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline CODEDOG ND

• Dark Agent
One thing we need to do is to do something that their culture understands.  They do not understand the word mercy.  They think it is cowardly to show mercy.  Seems funny that they think we are cowards when they are the ones that won't come out of their hiding places and step foward and fight with honor.  

They have confirmed a vechile that was abandoned and filled with flight manual's that were in arabic, and also the vechile's were registered to arabs.  That and the fact Bin Laden gave us fair warning his was gonna do something is another reason he is a prime suspect.  

That plane that crashed in PA might have crashed because the civilians attempted to retake the plane.  They are looking for its black box now.

IMO I'd rather have these rebels that blasted Kabul catch him.  They are more ruthless and would torture him before they would kill him, but I doubt he will be taken alive anyways.

------------------
Click Here!!!

What!?!? I'm not crazy, but the rest of you are! =)
It's a fact.  Stupid people have stupid children.  If you are stupid, don't have sex.  If you insist on having sex.  Have sex with animals.  If you have sex with an animal.  Make sure the animal is smarter than you are.  Just encase of some biological fluke you and the animal have offspring, they won't be as stupid as you are.   One more thing.  Don't assume the animal is protected.  If the animal has a condom, or if female some interuterian device, insist they wear it.  Help stop this mindless mindlessness.  Keep your stupidty to yourself.  This message was brought to you by the Committee of Concerned Citizens that are Smarter than You are.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net

From CNN.com
NATO supports retaliation
NATO ministers today unanimously declared the organization would provide military and logistical support for U.S. retaliation against those responsible for Tuesday's attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Originally posted by Kazan:
...against those responsible...

At the moment, that's the problem, ain't it?

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Crazy_Ivan80

• Node Warrior

Originally posted by Kazan:
From CNN.com
NATO supports retaliation
NATO ministers today unanimously declared the organization would provide military and logistical support for U.S. retaliation against those responsible for Tuesday's attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.
[/B]

Well thanks a lot, that makes a viable target too, noit that we weren't already but we'll b higher on their scope now. Damn, there goes our EU presidency.
Anyway, I think we can throw all those Durban declarations in the paperbin now.
It came from outer space! What? Dunno, but it's going back on the next flight!
Proud member of Hard Light Productions. The last, best hope for Freespace...
:ha:

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
Bin Laden has been 'solidly' linked

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
'Bout bloody time, now they just have to find him...
If they just bomb the country I'll have lost all respect for the U.S. leadership...

------------------
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
These people should be posthumously awarded a medal of heroism. Wow. God bless them.

------------------

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard

Origionally from CNN.com
Secretary of State Colin Powell says the coalition being formed will not stop at getting the people responsible for the attack, but will go after terrorists wherever they are found.

Offline joek

• Heh heh... not funny.
    • http://www.joek.com/

Origionally from CNN.com
Secretary of State Colin Powell says the coalition being formed will not stop at getting the people responsible for the attack, but will go after terrorists wherever they are found.

I think that this should be done... that the civilized nations of the world (those who respect human rights and freedom--no matter what religion) should take a stand against terrorism throughout the world.

Joe.
No, he's not back for real, just popping his head in to say "hello" while on break from classes.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
some lady on a local news-radio around where I live (cleveland WTAM 1100am clear-band), called in and says the airliner found in PA was actually shot down.  Only a rumor but would be interesting if the government says anything.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
it wasn't shot down.. she's full of crap

the passengers tried to retake the plain.. several called out on cell phones right before they did it

Yes, thats right. And if she saw an explosion in the plane that could be the bomb the passengers mentioned blowing up.

[This message has been edited by Snakeseyes (edited 09-12-2001).]
For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
-Blaise Pascal

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
I'm an aussie but i'm getting live feeds from Cnn, etc, and seen the planes collide with the towers over and over again, in my honest opinion, the loss of a building is sort of alright (it can be rebuilt) it's the loss of live that angers me, it's inconcievable that people can be that cold and heartless to kill many hundreds/thousands of innocent lives in such a cowardly manner, looking back on history, religion in its many forms (i'm focusing on all religion) is responsible for a lot of voilence and death, but this is quite shocking.  "Jihad" by the way, means "holy war" in islam (i think). I'm not being racist or anything i'm just making a point, and whoever perpetrated such a travesty must pay for what they have done by all means neccessary.

And i do hope that snipes is alright
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
snakeseyes: i'm going to operate under the assumption you're not implying something