Author Topic: IT'S DESTROYED!!!  (Read 51042 times)

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Did anyone know about THIS?
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
They just found out a new debris site for that plane that crashed without hitting any target, which suggests that the plane was crashed in two before hitting the ground. Now, I may be wrong, but it would be really difficult to get through the airport security with a bomb strong enough to do that.

What this means, one can only speculate - but I believe it leads to a very clear possibility...

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
So what? The guy got the date wrong. Just another half mad farquar who picks a random date for a cataclysm to try and scare evryone. He just got a little lucky (despite the fact he was more than a week off.

------------------
'Reality is the Playground for the unimaginative'

Member of the Tema Al Diablo creation team.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Did you read all the posts? The title is 911, and on day 04 he says that it'll happen in seven days. Pretty clear, eh?

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
Everything about this is so phreaky. I'm actually starting to lose my no-faith...

Offline joek

• Heh heh... not funny.
    • http://www.joek.com/

Originally posted by Warlock:

Personally I think Pilots and Co-Pilots should be issued a sidearm with lo velocity rounds (which wouldn't pierce the skin of the plane but still take out a person). If a guy in walking secuirty in a SHOPPING MALL is granted a firearm...WTF isn't the guy running a 747???

I think that the cockpit of the airplanes should be entirely separate from the rest of the plane. (Think of those transports in Space Above And Beyond). That way the pilots are locked into the cockpit (with their own bathroom and such) and if anyone tries to take control of the plane they will have no way possible.

Also, I did not know this until listening to Howard Stern, but they used to have armed, undercover Marshals on all airplanes just incase something happened... but then they stopped that... why? Sounds like a great idea to me.

Joe.
No, he's not back for real, just popping his head in to say "hello" while on break from classes.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Originally posted by joek:
I think that the cockpit of the airplanes should be entirely separate from the rest of the plane. (Think of those transports in Space Above And Beyond). That way the pilots are locked into the cockpit (with their own bathroom and such) and if anyone tries to take control of the plane they will have no way possible.

Also, I did not know this until listening to Howard Stern, but they used to have armed, undercover Marshals on all airplanes just incase something happened... but then they stopped that... why? Sounds like a great idea to me.

Joe.

El Al (the Israeli Ariline) carries 2 undercover officers with low-velocity weapons on all flights - they have never been hijacked.

Remember that to seperate the pilots from the rest of the plane would require trillions of dollars / euros / pounds in spending - there are thousands of planes that would have to be replaced....as a short-term solution is is unfeasible, and only really likely in the (very) long term for big carriers.

Originally posted by Styxx:
They just found out a new debris site for that plane that crashed without hitting any target, which suggests that the plane was crashed in two before hitting the ground. Now, I may be wrong, but it would be really difficult to get through the airport security with a bomb strong enough to do that.

What this means, one can only speculate - but I believe it leads to a very clear possibility...

I think that even a small bomb could do that. If it would explode near the hull and opened a small hole it could be torn in two because of the decompression.

[This message has been edited by Snakeseyes (edited 09-13-2001).]
For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
-Blaise Pascal

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases
Yes, I'm pretty sure a small bomb in the right place could make enough of a tear in the structure that the strain of the speed and air resistance could rip it in two. Or not, I'm not an expert.

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...

Originally posted by Warlock:
Peral Harbor woke the dragon into WW2

Ummm, WW2 started long before Pearl, the U.S. joined the war after the bombing, before that they just stayed out...

------------------
You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.

Offline The Avenger

• Banned
    • http://www.microsoft.uk
i dont know if this has been already covered because there is to much material to read over but there was no bombs in any of the planes hitting the WTC because bombs explode in an expanding ball and do not just expand in random directions and then fall to the ground almost imediatly that was fuel, thats why the ex hi-jackers picked 2 flights both heading to LA because if they chose flights going from say boston to NYC then there would be very little fuel thus causing less damage on impact, the big fireballs were all the fuel from the planes and NOT a bomb, even internal flights in america are checked for bombs

------------------
Quote:
VOICE ON END OF PHONE:Welcome to the automated stock price hotline, what stock would you like to know the price of?
HOMER SIMPSON: ANIMOTION
VOP:You have selected ANIMOTION up 1 pence
HOMER: YAHOO!!
VOP: YAHOO up 6 pence
HOMER: Hey what is this crap?
VOP: FOX ENTERTAINMENT down 8 pence

check out my website at http://www.avengershome.co.uk
I am Jesus

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net

Originally posted by Thorn:
Ummm, WW2 started long before Pearl, the U.S. joined the war after the bombing, before that they just stayed out...

that's exactly what he's saying!  We - The United States of America - are the sleeping dragon that has just been rudely awakened once again.

------------------
"Why Climb it?" - "Because it's there."
-----------------
FreeSpace 2: The Babylon Project Effects Nerd and Programmer.
Alliance Productions
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Originally posted by The Avenger:
i dont know if this has been already covered because there is to much material to read over but there was no bombs in any of the planes hitting the WTC because bombs explode in an expanding ball and do not just expand in random directions and then fall to the ground almost imediatly that was fuel, thats why the ex hi-jackers picked 2 flights both heading to LA because if they chose flights going from say boston to NYC then there would be very little fuel thus causing less damage on impact, the big fireballs were all the fuel from the planes and NOT a bomb, even internal flights in america are checked for bombs

Periods are A1-SUPAR!  

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
  If everyone was afraid of us, this wouldn't have happened. We are somewhat a world power, mostly because we are big and bad and thu can push Europe into doing whatever we like... But we have tried once before to force our command on a third-world country totally opposed to us... for all our brute strength we got our ***  kicked and came out looking like fine fools besides... and has everyone forgotten that Russia tried invading Afghanistan back when Russia wasn't in 30 million pieces, and Afghanistan wiped the floor with the Russians? Russia was right convieneiently near Afghanistan, and could bring much more power to bear than we can (weren't exactly hindered by wanting to come out looking like the good guys like we are either), and the Afghan army has if anything increased in strength, since when the Russian army left it didn't bring its bombs and tanks and guns... After the absolute fanaticism shown in this event, do you really think we can expect any less if we show up on their doorstep?

The countries that have allied w/ us are worried about terrorists attacking them, if anything. And I believe most of them genuinely never want to see this happen to anyone, even the US, again. So don't be arrogant- we're in trouble as it is.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
stryke if you're refering to Vietnam - that doesn't count - the gloves never came off, the hands of our commanders were tied - the full force of our military machine never even was even considered being used.. perhaps one ten thousandth of our abilities were commited

targets have been announced

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Those of us that have actually served active duty at some point know exactly how strong the US military is.

You say these terrorists aren't afriad of us? If this were true ...now think....would they not have announced within hours that they had pulled this attack off? If they truely thought that in an open war they had more than a chance in 3 hells of not getting they're asses kicked,..they'd have some balls and speak up instead of hide behind whoever will let them park in their country.

As for Russia's old military   lol   Dude...compare staticial data...one factor of active training was a good working knowledge of Russain military weapon and equipment as far as what it's capable of etc etc....they never had all that much. The best russian military piece was the Hind-D,...but a single Apache can handle it at 10 miles out with no problem.  The only reason the US has ever had any difficulty in combat was things like in Nam.,..we weren't allowed to use our full strength or we had certain lines we couldn't cross (don't shoot past that road) and crap like that. Once this goes to war...I doubt that will be true this time...it's more likely it will be fully followed through until we remove the threat.

But only time we truely tell.

------------------
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron
CO

Do or Do Not,..There Is No Spoon
DeathAngel Squadron and Ghosts of the Past Forum
Ghosts of the Past WebSite
To Fly Exotic Ships, Meet Exotic People, and Kill Them.

We may rise and fall, but in the end
 We meet our fate together
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron, Forever remembered.

Offline CODEDOG ND

• Dark Agent
 Some of us got this in my e-mail. If ya didnt here it is anyways....

TRIBUTE TO THE UNITED STATES

This, from a Canadian newspaper no less, is worth sharing...

America: The Good Neighbor.

Widespread but only partial news coverage was given recently to a
remarkable editorial broadcast from Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a
Canadian television commentator. What follows is the full text of his
trenchant remarks as printed in the Congressional Record:

"This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the
most generous and possibly the least appreciated people on all the
earth.

Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy were lifted
out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of
dollars and forgave other billions in debts. None of these countries is
today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United
States.

When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans
who propped it up, and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on
the streets of Paris. I know, I was there.

When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United States that
hurries in to help. This spring, 59 American communities were flattened
by tornadoes. Nobody helped.

The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped billions of dollars into
discouraged countries. Now newspapers in those countries are writing
about the decadent, warmongering Americans.

I'd like to see just one of those countries that is gloating over the
erosion of the United States dollar build its own airplane. Does any
other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet,
the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC 10? If so, why don't they fly
them? Why do all the International lines except Russia fly American
Planes?

Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or woman on
the moon? You talk about Japanese technocracy, and you get radios. You
talk about German technocracy, and you get automobiles. You talk about
American technocracy, and you find men on the moon - not once, but
several times and safely home again.

You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs right in the
store window for everybody to look at. Even their draft-dodgers are not
pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, and most of them,
unless they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting American dollars
from ma and pa at home to spend here.

When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down
through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them. When the
Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody
loaned them an old caboose. Both are still broke.

I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other
people in trouble. Can you name me even one time when someone else
raced to the Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even
during the San Francisco earthquake.

Our neighbors have faced it alone, and I'm one Canadian who is damned
tired of hearing them get kicked around. They will come out of this
thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to
thumb
their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles.
I
hope Canada is not one of those."

Stand proud, America!

Many people should be getting e-mails of this sort.
It's a fact.  Stupid people have stupid children.  If you are stupid, don't have sex.  If you insist on having sex.  Have sex with animals.  If you have sex with an animal.  Make sure the animal is smarter than you are.  Just encase of some biological fluke you and the animal have offspring, they won't be as stupid as you are.   One more thing.  Don't assume the animal is protected.  If the animal has a condom, or if female some interuterian device, insist they wear it.  Help stop this mindless mindlessness.  Keep your stupidty to yourself.  This message was brought to you by the Committee of Concerned Citizens that are Smarter than You are.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
In the words of one of my vietnamese freinds (she moved here when she was 6 - and was from South vietnam)

"We kicked their [North Vietnam] butts, they just don't know it."

for her those are very strong words, she's extremely soft-spoken [and extremely beautiful! wow ... *slaps himself - get ahold of yourself man!*)

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Black Box found at the PA crash!!! I just heard a possible raid on Afagny this weekend. Bush's quoted as saying war on terrorism is now the entire focus of his presidentcy.

*runs back to dinner and more info*

------------------
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron
CO

DeathAngel Squadron and Ghosts of the Past Forum
Ghosts of the Past WebSite

Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron, Forever remembered.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
The governments of Britain, Germany, Switzerland and Japan (and others) have released information about their citizens who were in the WTC on 9-11.  Looks like the Afghanis are really screwed now.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord