Author Topic: 3.3 release  (Read 53347 times)

Offline mr.WHO

BTW what is the name of folder and subfolder for sounds? TBP install lack of basic folder and I don't have normal FS2 install to copy the names.

Not really... openAL is installed and has been since my first try...

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Have you removed the FS2 media VPs ?

What does errorlog.txt in your TBP folder say ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

I completly reinstalled everything...  (deleted the gamefolder before...) so yes, the scp *.vp files had been deleted.
oh... errorlog.txt...
When i install it the next time, i will check...

Hello,
I have the same problem than Predator82, FS or FS2 have never been installed on my computer, openAL is installed, the 3.2 version of TBP works perfectly, but the 3.3 doesnt at all (freeze with open screen with B5 and SCP logo).

I have a P5 with windows xp sp2, and a ge force 4 MX 460.

please help !!!  :sigh: :sigh: :confused:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I assume you also installed the 3.3a patch?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

I did. The one linked in the first post in this tread

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Have you tried a debug build?

Offline Dwin

Did anybody get this error yet?

Error: Web cursor bitmap not found.  This usually means that the executable is being run outside the directory you installed Freespace2 to.  Please move the executable to that directory and try again
File:graphics/2d.cpp
Line: 1402
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Dwin

I tried installing 3.3 to a seperate folder rather than my TBP folder.

When it was finished, you know what files appeared?

An uninstall. That's it. The update did nothing.

In fact, IIRC, the exe actually removed some files from TBP.

:confused: :rolleyes: :mad:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 09:01:52 am by Dwin »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You shouldn't install 3.3 to another folder. It patches the 3.2 VP. If you patch to another folder it's patching something that doesn't exist and all you'll get is a non existant folder.

As for the error that's what happens when you try running a FS2_Open exe from a folder that doesn't contain the VP files.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Dwin

Well, that doesn't explain why it removes my B5 Core VP.

I'll try again...but I'm...afraid it wont work again, I hate re-installing everything over and over again.

Just to clarify, the patch should be installed into my The Babylon Project folder?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Dwin

Oooookay...this time, the install didnt screw anything up. Yet...

:wtf:

Hello, all.

First of all, I wanted to congradulate you on the outstanding-looking MOD for FreeSpace2.  As a fan of both the original game and of Babylon 5, I can safely say that guys have outdone yourselves.  With that in mind, I have a problem...

After reading the forums, I attempted to install all the files (the 3.2 version, the 3.3 version and the 3.3a patch) and then I installed the Mimbari War campaign to test the thing out.  Except that, halfway during the first mission where you are protecting two capitol ships, the game crashes without explaination.  Every thing else works:  the tech room, options, and all that.  But a little bit into the mission, the mimbari fighters destroy something on one of the capitol ships (sometimes it happens right away and sometimes it takes a few minutes, depending on how well I fly) and the screen freezes and the game crashes.  I've tried a bunch of things on the launcher program, but nothing seems to fix this one major problem. 

Could you guys point me in the direction of solution to this problem? 

Thanks again, guys

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
You might try to use a debug build.  Come to think of it, which build are you playing with (the FSO build, not the Launcher build, which should be 5.2).

Offline Bri_Dog

Is there a mirror for 3.2 anywhere? The download at the TBP site always gets to a certain percetage then stops.

Could somebody seed a torrent?
Sig

I've tried the debug build for the version I'm using (fs2_open_Red_2006-01-09-P4_d would be the debug, right?  ...and I use fs2_open_Red_2006-01-09-P4_r to try and play...I'm not sure which release that is, but it's just about the only one that works). 

Coincidently...how do those debug builds work?  Do they solve problems or do they just record them?  I'm gonna try and actually play a mission with the debug build, if that's what you meant in your reply.

Thanks, even though my problem isn't solved yet...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Debug builds do 2 important things.  Firstly, they throw up error messages that are more useful (usually) and they are also more scritinizing when it comes to bugs so they catch things that release builds would miss.  They also keep a debug spew, which stays open while you're playing the game, and is saved in a file called fs.log in your game folder.  Typically, looking up the last few lines of the fs.log after a crash will give an indication about what caused it.

Now, you've indicated that you're using the 2006/01/09 builds.  Did you follow the instructions in the readme and extract and rename ships-adv.tbl to ships.tbl?

Okay, I just played the first mission using the debug program and I actually finished the first mission without incident, but then, when I attempted to load the second mission, the program ended and the debug spew kept talking about subsystems that are missing from the EA shuttle in ships.tbl

In order to get this game to work, I've renamed the "ships-adv.tbl" file to "ships.tbl" (which means that there are now 2 files called "ships.tbl" in that directory and they both contained the updated text from the forum) and copied and pasted the file offered as a solution earlier in this forum...have I run into another problem with the table file or did I do something wrong?