Author Topic: Shivan Intention Theories  (Read 21138 times)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Re: Shivan Intention Theories
Talk about lesson learned. Yeah it was sexps, in that case, they should have had the vasudans do something more practical, than say impossible :lol:
I did something with a shivan beam once on the last level of fs2 when i was flying the ares. I think it was a rakshasa in the last mission that fights a deimos. And that shivan beam was just never faded away, it was just right there, because shivan beams last the longest. So i flew through that thing, and i was taken for a fartmaster 100% to 15%. The beam looked narrow enough that if i flew through it, i was going to for ****s and giggles see if i would survive. I survived, and i was quite mad, for some reason i didn't think it'd hurt anywhere near that much. I don't know why i didn't think it'd hurt me so much :lol:
Also a note on the ares, is probably the most heavily armored fighter in the game, for terrans and possibly vasudans, i wouldn't say the same for the shivans. In short the ares is probably the only fighter that can survive such briefness with beams, weak ones at that :lol:
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Actually, the Belisaurius was so trashed to begin with it didn't need to be SEXP'd...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well the how the hell do the shivans manage to recreate the same damage as the BFG? They overcharge theyr beam cannons each time they need the extra power? But if thats the case then in a prelongued battle the vasudans would actualy take damage to theyr own ship because of the overheat. Or do they actualy have more heat efficeient beams that allow them to overcharge them at will??
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Simple, their technology is more advanced than GTVA one and they don't need to overcharge their beams.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
well the how the hell do the shivans manage to recreate the same damage as the BFG?

By being substantially more advanced, as Ghostavo said.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 :eek2: :wtf: then why the hell are the terrans still using the crappy terran beams??
I mean why not adapt terran designs to incorporate shivan raectors and beams ???  :hopping:

Does this mean that if the big c had vasudan beam weapons it could of actualy done better then it did. imean not taking damage from the overheat?? :confused:
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
:eek2: :wtf: then why the hell are the terrans still using the crappy terran beams??
I mean why not adapt terran designs to incorporate shivan raectors and beams ???  :hopping:

Does this mean that if the big c had vasudan beam weapons it could of actualy done better then it did. imean not taking damage from the overheat?? :confused:

They still use Terran beams because... it's all they have. They are not as advanced as the Shivans.

The Colossus "abused" of  the GTVA's (note, GTVA, not mearly Terran) strongest capital ship mounted weapon. So...

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah i know it abused the strongest GTVA beam weapons.....er.....wait a sec.... do you mean to tell me that those beams on the Colossus were not terran green beams???
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
yeah i know it abused the strongest GTVA beam weapons.....er.....wait a sec.... do you mean to tell me that those beams on the Colossus were not terran green beams???

Well, it was a joint project... and I don't recall that particular beam appearing anywhere else in the game.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
err this is really strange i was under the asumption all this time that the colossus had in fact terran grean beams.  Just goes to prove how much i still have to learn about FS !
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Keep in mind I could be wrong and that GB could be solely Terran technology.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well yeah you could be wrong. But still i imagine that the use of vasudan beams on the Colossus could of been a much more fortunate choice for the crew and the ship.

Bummer. Just goes to prove how much brains the GTVA had when they used terran beams. On the other hand i dont know if the vasudans have a LRBG  or rather its equivalent. this could be a posible reason. Range or rather the range gained by overcharging the beams.

Do vasudan beams increase theyr range when overcharged or do they just do more damage?

Cuz if the vasudan beam can do the same then GTVA are a bunch of idiots that could easely be ruled a by bald crippled monkey.
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Actually
Terran beams are the strongest in the game, they have the longest recharge periods
Vasudan beams are weaker than terrans, but they recharge a lot faster than terran beams
Shivan beams are not the strongest in the game, but they are damn efficient in recharge time and active beam time(which is what makes them extremely formidable.

The colossus does use green beams. I think they were bgreens if i remember correctly. Also noted in some of the tech descriptions of the vasudan sentry guns and the destruction of the knossos. The vasudans tend to leave the high powered weapons work like the meson bomb, sentry guns, etc. to the terrans to design. The colossus is a big vessel, it was a joint venture. Vasudans invented the flak cannon, so they made their contribution there. Terrans had more powerful beams, as i'm sure one of the aspects of the colossus was strength(they could have mounted more powerful beams like bfgreen or something). And with strength and what the colossus was designed for (wiping out vessels smaller than it). The colossus doesn't need to worry about refire speed, as it has enough beams to combine power with other beams on the warship, or fire off other beams as it sees fit.

None of the species beams sucks. They all work for each species respectively. And terran beams is "not the only thing they have" in that sense at all. Terrans and vasudans have had beams since a little after the great war (close to 32 years), that also means 32 years of weapons development. If you ask me, terran and vasudan beams work great. Another note, terran and vasudan fighters are a great deal more advanced than shivan fighters and bombers. Terran and vasudan warships tend to go along that line as well. Terrans and vasudans have superior fighter/bomber cover and deterrents than shivan vessels. I find shivan ships more approachable if it's me alone than enemy terran ships when i'm ordered to destroy a cruiser or something. Shivans rarely have fighter beams if not only having one or two AAA beams. The only real thing i would say are unique for the shivans is their great capship killing ability. Another detail about the colossus destroying the sath is that, instead of overcharging the beams, why didn't they just do some beam combining on that disabled jugg (or do leap beam leap frogging...one beam fires the next one in line fires next), well you can't ask that question because that mission was sexp'd most likely :lol:

Just thought about the monkey alternative as well.
A balled crippled monkey has the steel to rule over the gtva alphaone ;)
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Can you build a Pc from scratch, at an integrated circuit level?

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Dude, it's not about the inefficiencies of the terran beams.
It's about their strength for reason why they were mounted on a juggernaut, in such a large amount. When you have a ton of strong and slow beams, you can do **** like combine all their firepower at once, or leap frog the beams (fire the beams consecutively one after another). The only difference with having vasudan beams on the colossus would be a colossus with an accelerated refire rate, but not as powerful. Then again i opt for terran beams on the colossus because then it takes only a couple of hits with terrans beams, as opposed to a couple of more hits with vasudan beams.

SMBFD

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i thought vasudan beams were as strong as the terran ones! Man now im really getting scared cuz it turns out i dont know a great dael about fs as i thought.
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Shivan beamz pawn all.... hell they stay on for 7-8 seconds compared to 4 of the terrans/vasudan and do the same ammount of damage (if not more).

Shivans don't have better ship desing. They have better beamz...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Exactomundo ;)
It's not that the shivans have perfect beams and the rest of the species don't. It's that the shivans have been able to develop and advance their weapon (it really is their weapon) for a much longer time.
But, yeah, even i still think shivan beams are a little too crazy. I don't know exactly how powerful shivan beams are, but i bet it's what trashman said, and also the idea he was getting after. That for shivans the length of time their beams last, and the short amount of time for a recharge, would still make up for lost strength either way.

SMBFD

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
they do approx TWICE as much damage per hit than terran beams..and they fire faster...

So they are practicly 4 times stronger
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
damn

SMBFD