Author Topic: Shivan Intention Theories  (Read 21136 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: Shivan Intention Theories
IIRC somebody (it was you, wasn't it TrashMan?) did a little experiment where they altered the numbers for duration, warmup, cooldown, and fire rate for Terran beams to match Shivan beams, but left the damage output numbers alone; the Shivan beams were still superior, but it was marginal.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
umm damn. those beams are well how should i put this.....sickeningli powerfull. Oh well nothing a couple of bemmbers and a few harbs or helios wont cure. Yeah just what the doctor ordered.

Also regarding the monkey do you know what kind of steel it uses??
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Shivan beamz pawn all.... hell they stay on for 7-8 seconds compared to 4 of the terrans/vasudan and do the same ammount of damage (if not more).

Shivans don't have better ship desing. They have better beamz...

Technically, the ship design also encapsulates the turrets and weaponry mounted on it.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah but if you look at the overall design of the shivan ships they welll kinda suck. Theyre onli good if you are on the receiving end. Have crappy AAAf defences and theyr beams can easely be taken out leaving them completely defenseless where as a GTVA vessels would still have a decen AAAf defence also since they ont have all of theyr beams mounted in the front its a lot more dificult  to dissarm them.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Yeah but if you look at the overall design of the shivan ships they welll kinda suck. Theyre onli good if you are on the receiving end. Have crappy AAAf defences and theyr beams can easely be taken out leaving them completely defenseless where as a GTVA vessels would still have a decen AAAf defence also since they ont have all of theyr beams mounted in the front its a lot more dificult  to dissarm them.

That, I'd imagine, would be why the Shivans try to make sure it's the enemy on the receiving end and not themselves.  After all, they've never been interested in holding territory.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter

To be fair, in the entire campaign, only twice you are not on the "receiving end". During Slaying Ravana, and during the whole Bearbaiting/mission afterwards (which trashed another destroyer and either destroys it or leaves it crippled).
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Yeah, shivan defenses can be chewed through not too hard. Shivan are very approachable if your in a bomber or fighter. Was it that hard taking out sath beams? NO, the only thing to piss you off is that the thing eventually warps out, and all 4 arms of the sath take a while to kill. The ravana is a lot less approachable, but you get up close and personal with it really good in a bomber when you destroy your first ravana. Great thing for shivan vessels, is trebuchets, tornadoes, and cyclopses (or helioses if available).
Regarding the monkey. The steel it uses are balls.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I took the Ravana down to 1% and disarmed and disabled it in a Myrmidon in The Great Hunt notabley, realistically, the Ravana wouldn't sit there and take it.

Vasudan beams only do marginally less damage per pulse than Terran beams, the BVas does only marginally (~20) more sustained damage than the BGreen. The Shivan LRed does marginally LESS damage per pulse than the BGreen, but does 1.75X the sustained damage.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
LOL
This is starting to sound like the BWO project. In BWO, sol node gets fixed, and the earth forces start attacking(i don't know why), but the earth forces don't have beams, they use torpedos(aka bombs), and the gtva uses beams in place of torpedos. In fs2, it's sort of similar, but in a different fashion. The shivans have great beams, and usually take down capships with capships. When terran or vasudans take down capships, they deploy bombers with torperdos(aka bombs). With all those bombers doing most of the work for say the ravana, the capship will add in some assistance with its beams(like the mission with the vindicator).
Also, i remember the mission you take down the ravana, it reminded me of being in a lake as a fish taking chomps out of the bigger fish (ravana). I swear, because the ursa's and a boanerges were flying all around the ravana launching their bombs like that. It reminded me of goldfish eating food in a fish tank.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
IIRC somebody (it was you, wasn't it TrashMan?) did a little experiment where they altered the numbers for duration, warmup, cooldown, and fire rate for Terran beams to match Shivan beams, but left the damage output numbers alone; the Shivan beams were still superior, but it was marginal.

Yep, that was me... I just moved the terran and shivan fire wait and duration numbers a bit closer. Shivan beams were still superior, but now GTVA warships actually aren't destroyed in 10 seconds.

Oh yeah, I allso fixed the slashers and the SGreen to be something usefull...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How usefull were they? No really i'm curios to know. what did u manage to do with them.

they werent like ridiculously overpowered were they ?
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I kinda like the original :v: weapon balancing.  Nothing wrong with a few tweaks for mods i s'pose.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
The TerSlash and the Sgreen were already useful, just not for taking down anything larger than a cruiser. The cruisers didn't need to take down anything larger than themselves, now-a-days they're anti-fighter platforms.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good point. but still slahers sure make a bad impersion when mounted on a corvette. or a big capship.
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
How usefull were they? No really i'm curios to know. what did u manage to do with them.

they werent like ridiculously overpowered were they ?

LOL...no.. I like my games balanced..so I gave each side something..

Vasudan beams (and turrets in general) have a big rate of fire but are slightly weaker than terran ones.
Terran ones are stronger, slightly slower, but have bigger range.

As for hte slashers, I have the TerSlash a bit more power..it was patheticly weak..and I reduced the fire wait for the SGreen....

I can't recall if I actually towned down all high-end beams or not, but I do recall Orion and Ravana showdowns..it ended either with mutual destruction or a ravana victory (very rarely did the Orion won..only 2 times methinks)
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Youre good! I like that! I'm starting to droll again!
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )