Author Topic: :welcome:  (Read 24113 times)

Offline Grey Wolf

Re: <colon>Welcome<colon>
You know Carl was an actual member of the forum, right?
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Was he registered at the time TAS was written? I never found out whether his name originally had anything to do with that thread.

Offline Grey Wolf

He's been registered here since April 30, 2001, and presumably earlier at the VBB. Not sure when TaS was started though.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Only 50,000?  Yeesh.  Continuing here:

Hey Woody, welcome to HLP!
*warms up beam...*
:welcome:

Welcome to HLP!
Exits are to the rear and left, in case of emergency shotguns are located under the seats. Knife fights are strictly prohibited in favor of more interesting 35mm mortar duels and machete jello wrestling. Heavy weaponry, such as plasma rifles, are located in the weapons lockers, but these can only be unlocked by an admin or a Volitioner. The giant rats in the barracks are not for eating. If you happen to come across a Shivan in the air ducts, don't worry, it's probably just Carl. Toss him your lunch (or your lunch money) and he'll go away. If he doesn't... pray. That's not Carl. That will be all, we hope you will enjoy your stay.

NEXT

Exits are to the sides and rear, emergency flamethrowers can be found under the seats. And if you run into a large 5-limbed creature while wandering around in the air ducts, give it your lunch and maybe toss it a shoe as well. Hopefully it's just Carl, and he'll leave you be.  If you notice any funky changes in the scenery outside the windows, don't worry, it's only the SCP team messing around with reality.

Enjoy your stay!

NEXT

Good morning, and welcome to the Black Mesa transit system Hard Light Productions. This automated train is provided for the security and convenience of the HLP personnel. The time is 8:47 A.M. Current topside temperature is 93 degrees with an estimated high of 105. The HLP compound is maintained at a pleasant 68 degrees at all times. This train is inbound from level 3 dormitories to sector C forums. If your intended destination is a high security area beyond sector C, you will need to return to the central transit hub in area 9 and board a high security train. If you have not yet submitted your identity to the retinal clearance system, you must report to Hard Light personnel for processing before you will be permitted into the high security branch of the transit system.

Due to the high toxicity of material routinely handled in the HLP compound, no smoking, eating, or drinking are permitted within the Hard Light transit system. Please keep your limbs inside the train at all times. Do not attempt to open the doors until the train has come to a complete halt at the station platform. In the event of an emergency, passengers are to remain seated and await further instruction. If it is necessary to exit the forum, disabled personnel should be evacuated first. Please, stay away from electrified posts and proceed to an emergency station until assistance arrives.

Welcome back that is... :p

NEXT

Plasma rifles are under the seats, exits are located to the left and right sides of the room. Do not investigate any clatterings in the duct; that's just Carl, our trusty Shivan, who eats lurkers.
In the event of a significant change in pressure, oxygen masks will descend from the ceiling. Place the mask over your mouth and breathe deeply. Although the bag may not inflate, sulfuric gas will continue to spew normally. :D
Alternatively, mountain-fresh Air is available in 12-packs at the conveniences booth.

NEXT

Hmm. no one operating the Beam. *sits in beam control station*

:welcome::welcome:

Opps got a little carried away.
*looks to see that half HLP station is gone*
Double opps. :nervous:

Welcome to HLP. And don't might me I'm just here for the...um...what was it again...

*goes away mumbling something about Blender and tS*

NEXT

Originally posted by diamondgeezer
Thinking about it, I don't remember ever getting one

well then:

The exits are on the rear and left. Flamethrowers are located under the seats. If you see a big 5 legged monster in the vents it's just me. Just give me your lunch and i'll leave you alone.

NEXT

Fire control, target Bludlust ... commence plasma core insertion. Open fire!

Welcome to the HLP. recruit, you are now assigned to the GTD Hard Light. Enjoy your stay.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 04:08:42 am by jr2 »

this is nice, but...why?

For a moment, I thought colon connoted large intestine and you were talking out of your... large intestine.  :D
VBB survivor (the J master) - five hundred something posts

First off: F. S. 3.

Second: We should probably develop a BFred and BVas welcome beam for those Shivans and Vasudans in HLP, instead of just the BGreen welcome beam. Or, for the newbs who wish to attempt the welcome speech, we should develop an AAAf welcome beam.

I know, we may not HAVE a station if these are developed... but it will explode beautifully in a web of emerald, sapphire, ruby, and topaz beams.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
somewhere, out there, there is one with a reference to me in a Mech suit... i can vaugely remember the source of this reference as well..

it's out there

somewhere
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

My labors are complete. I have developed three new Welcome Beam types.

First Up: Carl's weapon of choice... The BFred Welcome Beam:

Next, we have a weapon for all ouf fish-wuvving friends... The BVas Welcome Beam:

And... finally... for all those kiddies out there who want to be just like the forumites, the AAAf Welcome Beam:

Do I win yet?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
My labors are complete. I have developed three new Welcome Beam types.

First Up: Carl's weapon of choice... The BFred Welcome Beam:

Next, we have a weapon for all ouf fish-wuvving friends... The BVas Welcome Beam:

And... finally... for all those kiddies out there who want to be just like the forumites, the AAAf Welcome Beam:

Do I win yet?
Make it more like this:

You notice that there's white in the middle, with green radiating out from the outer edge.  (Which is more like in-game beems, when seen up-close & personable.)
6X Zoom:

8X Zoom:

« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 11:31:16 pm by jr2 »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
First off: F. S. 3.
Uh-oh!...
:eek: :nervous: :eek2:

:dereksmart:

Hmph.  Doesn't work.  Help, anyone?

Alas! Alak! GIMP Gradients hate my guts. (Yeah yeah, I'm a lazy ass. I already know.)

Which means I'll have to do that manually. Which means I won't do it. :P

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Try using WordArt in MS Word.  That's where I think the original came from.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack

-C

...CREDIT. AND ROYALTIES. :P

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£

:lol:    :yes:

Cheese! :D
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam

LOL google internet archive or (I think) the wayback machine to get an archive of VBB.
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!

"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

LOL sorry, didn't even notice the date.  For some reason, this appeared on my "unread posts since last visit" page for TODAY.  Which is weird, because I was here this afternoon, and this wasn't on that list.  And the last post was almost a year ago.  Error in the forum's dating system?
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!