Author Topic: OLD FreeSpace Open Installer  (Read 761879 times)

Re: FreeSpace Open Installer! Download it now!
ok brother thanks, I'll try that and get back with ya. I would be up on your latest but my dam linksys router bought the farm and it took a while to find a replacement. got  d-link now with no security so I can use my own, maybe I can ever get in on a online game now :)
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Ok trying the installer for the first time.  Was already runnng 3.6.9 final and chose the update option.  Seems to be working fine execpt it told me my FS2_Open and debug .exe files were out of date.  Any idea what would cause this?

The fact that you hadn't run the Installer before. I'm working on getting it to see files that are already there, but weren't installed by the installer.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Glad to know it's being worked on.  Any easy way to uninstall all but the 3.6.9 exe files?  I wan't to go back to testing without any mods.  I know this has probably been asked before but I've had too many beers to read 9 pages of replies.  :D
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Glad to know it's being worked on.  Any easy way to uninstall all but the 3.6.9 exe files?  I wan't to go back to testing without any mods.  I know this has probably been asked before but I've had too many beers to read 9 pages of replies.  :D

just don't have a mod folder selected.
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Guess I should have said mods, mediavps, etc. Don't want that hacked tables message in multi.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Guess I should have said mods, mediavps, etc. Don't want that hacked tables message in multi.

just don't have a mod folder selected.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I don't have a mods folder or anything else selected and never did but I still get the hacked tables messge.  All I did was run the installer and let it download all the stuff (except 3.6.9).  Never turned on a mod or flag. 

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
I don't have a mods folder or anything else selected and never did but I still get the hacked tables messge.  All I did was run the installer and let it download all the stuff (except 3.6.9).  Never turned on a mod or flag. 

Yes, but the Installer automatically selects mediavps as your mod if you download them.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yep. Go to the launcher and select the mod tab. Select No Mods. End of hacked tables messages.

When you want to play with the mediavps again simply go back and select them as your mod.

Being able to do this with multiplayer was actually one of the main reasons we moved to the current mod system.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Mediavps ought to be valid aswell as regular tables. Im not sure how this can be done, but im sure you can find a solution by the time 3.7 comes out.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
OK that might be the problem.  I only went to the features tab and made sure everything was disabled.  I did one better though.  I renamed my freespace2 folder to freespace2.mediavps and then copied my freespace2 folder from one of my other machines.  Worked like a charm.  Now all I need to do is rename the freespace2 folder to freespace2.original and the freespace2.mediavps back to freespace2 when I want to switch.  Takes up a bit more space but does eliminate everything but the exe files when testing.

FS2open seems to show hacked tables no matter what, use toms build if you dont want to see that ****. Thats what I have been doing. I really dont care what other SCP people say about toms build, it is simply the easiest way to get started on multiplayer hands down. you can get toms build Here if you dont already have it. Then after you replace the old fs2.exe with it, delete the commandline_fso.cfg in your root data folder or simply rename it so that toms doesnt read it and get confused and then your ready to go! You dont need to worry about fs2open complaining without the file, when you run fs2open again it will just remake it. I totally support toms build, because its just simply easier to setup and definitly not as confusing to setup as fs2open.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 08:29:49 am by [DW]-Hunter »

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I thought it was just that there's no official 3.6.9 mediavps yet, and the error will stick around until those get released.  Then you should be able to use the mediavps online as well as stock fs2 files.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
FS2open seems to show hacked tables no matter what

No it doesn't.

use toms build if you dont want to see that ****.

Or install FS2_Open properly in the first place. I've just tested this. It really doesn't complain about hacked tables if you have patched to 1.2 and run with no mods. If you have mods installed in the wrong place and they're causing you to get hacked table messages that's your own bloody fault.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

FS2open seems to show hacked tables no matter what

No it doesn't.

Thats what you said on messenger :P

use toms build if you dont want to see that ****.

Or install FS2_Open properly in the first place. I've just tested this. It really doesn't complain about hacked tables if you have patched to 1.2 and run with no mods. If you have mods installed in the wrong place and they're causing you to get hacked table messages that's your own bloody fault.

Well then tell that to FS2NETD WHEN IT COMPLAINS ABOUT MY ****ING FILES. Toms build runs no problem so obviously it isnt my files.

I totally support toms build, because its just simply easier to setup and definitly not as confusing to setup as fs2open.

The fact still stands, Toms build is easier to setup then the confusing SCP build.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 06:16:35 pm by [DW]-Hunter »

I don't care if I have the hacked tables bug or not I just want to get it playable online LOL.
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Kara and [DW]-Hunter, could you two try to stay on-topic? I hate to have to tell you guys to stop, as you're both more-respected members of the community than I am. Talk it over in the multi forum, maybe?

The above paragraph was not meant to be insulting in any way.

I don't care if I have the hacked tables bug or not I just want to get it playable online LOL.

the Installer SHOULD work with multi by default. If it has a problem, I need to know about it.

Since I have the outdated media vps, when using the new .exe installer, do I need to revert to retail first, or can it just download over top of the old? Thanks.

Sorry- I guess my question is what are the bare minimum files needed to bring my version of FSO up to snuff? Also, I'm curious about mods that the installer can download for you. It doesn't say on your website that you updated the FSPort mod to 3.04- does this mean the installer will install FSPort 3.03? Or rather, I assume, because the FSPort files are always hosted in the same place, it just automatically gets the latest version.

I'm just trying to figure out the way that makes it easiest to update everything that needs it- almost like patching the game.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 09:10:50 pm by Uninvited »
Consider, friend, as you pass by, as you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, you too shall be. Prepare, therefore, to follow me.

-- Scottish tombstone epitaph

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Since I have the outdated media vps, when using the new .exe installer, do I need to revert to retail first, or can it just download over top of the old? Thanks.
Yes, you should be able to just download over.

Sorry- I guess my question is what are the bare minimum files needed to bring my version of FSO up to snuff? Also, I'm curious about mods that the installer can download for you. It doesn't say on your website that you updated the FSPort mod to 3.04- does this mean the installer will install FSPort 3.03? Or rather, I assume, because the FSPort files are always hosted in the same place, it just automatically gets the latest version.
I really need to update the website, but the included mods change so fast. Installer gets fsport 3.04, and also the Installer now includes an SCP-ready version of the demo campaign, provided by Axem.

I'm just trying to figure out the way that makes it easiest to update everything that needs it- almost like patching the game.

An Updater is included.

I just downloaded the zipped .exe installer at 5500 kb/s.

I have never seen that before. Jeebus.
Consider, friend, as you pass by, as you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, you too shall be. Prepare, therefore, to follow me.

-- Scottish tombstone epitaph