Author Topic: OLD FreeSpace Open Installer  (Read 761884 times)

Re: FreeSpace Open Installer! Download it now!
I haven't had any problems with the new installer at all, my only problem is theres no voice in Homesick, sync, Transend, or JAD. And I can't find any voince files anywhere for them.
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

not all official campaigns have voice packs, remember, it takes a team of people to do the voice recordings, and not every fredder has those resources.

Maybe he means the TTS voices, because they don't work for me any more in 3.6.9.7.

not all official campaigns have voice packs, remember, it takes a team of people to do the voice recordings, and not every fredder has those resources.

And that my friend is why I'm happy as can be that I'm able to read.
But I'd be more than happy to do some of the voices if I knew how.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You could start here :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Thanks Karajorma, I must have overlooked that thread the entire time I've been reading this board.
I will defanetly check it out

I am going to need voice actors when I get my campaign done, so keep in contact. :)

I'll leave FS when they pry my cold dead fingers of my controls.

But just in case the Email is [email protected]

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Java version now has an updater, check it out if you're interested. Uninstaller may come later tonight.

Funny thing about the Java Updater, is that it can actually be used instead of the Java Installer. I'm debating whether or not to merge them together.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 07:35:02 pm by Turey »
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Only problem is that the updater doesn't update. For example I can rename/remove the mediavps directory or any directory and it doesn't detect that it's missing.

That is, as long as I correctly specify C:\Games\FreeSpace2. If I use C:\Games as the path it will download stuff.

I'm using the link from page 4 to get the Java installer, and I had to run your Java utilities to get it to launch the jar file, and update_version.txt says "Java Alpha".

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Only problem is that the updater doesn't update. For example I can rename/remove the mediavps directory or any directory and it doesn't detect that it's missing.

That is, as long as I correctly specify C:\Games\FreeSpace2. If I use C:\Games as the path it will download stuff.

I'm using the link from page 4 to get the Java installer, and I had to run your Java utilities to get it to launch the jar file, and update_version.txt says "Java Alpha".

Delete C:\Games\FreeSpace2\Installer
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

OK, that makes it want to download everything again.

The same problem here, but my .eXe version doesn't want to downloa anything to the D: disk at all (C: is OS only to me).

just install it to your c drive... it isnt going to hurt a damn thing to add one thing to a barely used drive.

The Free space from that partition has been distrubuted over the two others (D: for data and E: for CDemeges) , so there is not much room left.

I feel your pain Joshua, I had to uninstall Psychonauts to make room for Freespace Open. LOL

Partitioning your hard drive was a mistake on your part, thats another reason why I hate partitioning.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
OK, that makes it want to download everything again.

If you want to re-download a single part, you can delete the text file associated with it. It'll be in C:\Games\FreeSpace2\Installer

Alternatively, you can open up that text file, find the line that says VERSION, and change the line after it to say something else. So if it was:

Code: [Select]
VERSION
3.6.9 RC7.9x

you could change it to:

Code: [Select]
VERSION
whatever

and it would see that as outdated.

The same problem here, but my .eXe version doesn't want to downloa anything to the D: disk at all (C: is OS only to me).

The .exe version doesn't like drives other than C:, which is part of the reason I'm switching to the .jar version. You'll have better luck installing to D: if you use the .jar version.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Java Version updated. Updater now works better. You can find a list of everything you installed and its version in C:\Games\FreeSpace2\Installer\installedversions.txt

If you want it to see something as out-of-date, simply change the version of it in installedversions.txt

The main reason I made this update is that it now needs one text file per mod creator. not per mod. for instance, if Axem wanted to put JAD0, JAD1, JAD2, JAD3, JAD4, JAD5, JAD6, and JAD65535 in the installer, he'd only need one text file, which would both install and uninstall (once I finish the uninstaller  :nervous:) every single JAD campaign.

To see an example of how the mod text files are structured for the Java Installer, go here.

As for the NSIS Installer, it will continue to be supported until I finish the uninstaller for the Java version, at which point the executable will be taken down. The source for the NSIS Installer will stay up, in case anyone wants it.