Author Topic: OLD FreeSpace Open Installer  (Read 764005 times)

Re: FreeSpace Open Installer! Download it now!
An old, outdated version of the Open Installer that only installed Retail FS2.  If you didn't get it, then you're good.  Just use the Open Installer, it gets both Retail and SCP (and FSPort, etc, etc.).

I don't need that one I have FS1 and FS2 on disk, FS1 I found at a thrift store, and FS2 I downloaded from one of the links that HPD had when I first started playing FS.
The only installers I have ever used are the ones that turey makes and turns lose on the general public.
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
Waht it is I think is the centre of the box is showing all the downloaded documents. During the download it kept saying "This file is out of date" over most of the documents.
We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Waht it is I think is the centre of the box is showing all the downloaded documents. During the download it kept saying "This file is out of date" over most of the documents.

That's normal. If all the files on your hard drive were the same as the ones on the server, there'd be no reason to download them, would there?
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
I had to download your installer 3 times before it worked.
We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE

Locutus I beat you, I downloaded it once and it assimilated into my computers collective with no problems :)

Offline Shootaz

Hey guys this is my first post, I'm new here =]
After playing freelancer for a week I was out looking for other space games and came across FS2
Me being me, I have to play games in order as the story is a huge chunk of the game for me, and here lies my problem:

I downloaded Turey's FreeSpace Open Installer (java version)
Everything downloads EXCEPT,  fsport and its campaigns, only the fs1OGG cutscene pack seemed to download. I know this because when the install finished, on all the fsport spots it said mirror failed to be reached or something like that, then at the last screen of the installer I get these messages:

Post-Installation Notes for FreeSpace Port
IMPORTANT NOTE: There was an error while installing this section. You may need to run the Installer again in order to ensure that this section works correctly.

Post-Installation Notes for FreeSpace 1 Training Missions
IMPORTANT NOTE: There was an error while installing this section. You may need to run the Installer again in order to ensure that this section works correctly.

Post-Installation Notes for 1024x768 Interface Art

Post-Installation Notes for Ultra-High-Resolution Texture Maps

Post-Installation Notes for Glow Maps

Post-Installation Notes for Shine Maps

Post-Installation Notes for Music

Post-Installation Notes for Command Briefing Animations

Post-Installation Notes for Voice Files

Post-Installation Notes for Awakenings

Post-Installation Notes for Awakenings Voice Pack

Post-Installation Notes for Cardinal Spear

Post-Installation Notes for Cardinal Spear Voice Pack

Post-Installation Notes for Destiny of Peace

Post-Installation Notes for Destiny of Peace Voice Pack

ALSO, when I go to rerun in the installer and it lets me choose what to install, everythings greyed out (I'm guessing that means I have downloaded it already) EXCEPT for fsport and everything that includes, only the cutscenes is downloaded.

Is there a solution ot this problem, another place I can download the same fsport and the main campaigns?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and help me =]

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
It appears that the FSPort site is down... again. I'll look into it.
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
Hey guys this is my first post, I'm new here =]

I think it's time for another...
:welcome:

Enjoy your time here Shootaz.

I'm still relatively new here too...but no harm in welcoming someone! :)
His legacy will last until the beginning.

Well turey I guess right now isn't a good time to run the installer huh LOL

Hello shootaz, welcome to what is STILL the best computer game around, of all of them,

Offline Shootaz

Alright, thanks a bunch Turey, and thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Do you guys think I should use my joystick or my mouse?

Oh man I can answer that one for ya LOL, use a joystick :) I did the mouse thing but thats too much like a old style computer game for me, FreeSpace with a stick that has a good throttle and a few buttons, and you'll be in heaven

Offline Shootaz

Ok, thanks =]

Time to search for the darn joystick cd now  :D

Which stick on what OS are you using, I might be able to help there too LOL.

Offline Shootaz

Gravis Blackhawk Digital, im on windows XP, if I look harder Im sure ill find it lol

*Edit: Found it =D

Do you know where I can download the fsport, because I cant start playing if I dont start with the first campaign
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 08:00:13 pm by Shootaz »

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,42854.0.html
http://fsport.hard-light.net/website/

This is all you need.
Unless your my 13 year old and can't figure out how to download anything at all unless it will run the cell phone bill through the roof.

Offline Shootaz

Well in tureys installer, the fsport and its campagins arent working since the host site is down, and for the fsport main site, fileplanet is blocked, and the other site dosent work...lol

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Bittorrent (or d'l from Hades Combine) hip63's DVD from my siggy, install that, then rename "theport_v3" to "fsport", and you're set after you re-run Turey's Installer afterwards.

Offline Shootaz

will running hip63's installer reinstall all the files Turey's installer gave me? Because all I need is fsport and the campaigns for it

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
will running hip63's installer reinstall all the files Turey's installer gave me? Because all I need is fsport and the campaigns for it

Yes. However, you can use my FilePlanet ID. The password will last until Saturday:
[email protected]
fsportdl

Offline Shootaz

Thanks mate, but how will that help me dl fsport? Hip63's files are on filefront, and I dont feel like downloading 3 gigs of stuff when I only need the fsport =/