Author Topic: OLD FreeSpace Open Installer  (Read 764272 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: FreeSpace Open Installer! Download it now!
...mmm.  I might be able to upload it later today...  Not sure if I still have the files.  Or I could just give you my fsport dir.

Offline Shootaz

Is that the same thing?
Anyways, thanks a bunch!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4W1QCZE4  401.46 MB, extracts to 676 MB.  Extract to \fsport\

Offline Shootaz

Thanks so much, dling right now. Does this include the campaigns?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I just 7-zipped my fsport dir & told it to make an SFX archive, in case you or someone else didn't have 7-zip... although you should.  :p

Offline Shootaz

I have 7zip, the file im downloading is fsport.exe though. So it does include the campaigns right?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Ya... even includes Awakenings, I think (not sure).  Anything that would be in your fsport directory is there.

Offline Shootaz

thanks for taking the time to up it mate, now I can start playing   :)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Np, enjoy.  :D

I'm glad you finally got it. Look around the sites, theres more missions ad campaigns hiding in various places. :)
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
and for the fsport main site, fileplanet is blocked

You can use my FilePlanet ID. The password will last until Saturday:
[email protected]
fsportdl

I was trying to help you get just those files.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Hey!!!  Forgive me if this has already been addressed. I don't have tiime to read through all 34 pages.

I was having problems with the Retail version of FS2 for some reason (no idea, I've ran it on my system before...). Anyhoo, I downloaded the FS2 Open installer and the game played great. Only problem is, I didn't get any of the cutscenes. They are kinda vital to follow the story line, especially with Bosch's gambit. Is this normal or did I do something wrong?? Also, now that I've played the original campaign for the 100th time, I'd like to try some user campaigns. What are the best ones and where do I get/use them?? Thanks in advance.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
You should be running in OpenGL (Launcher, Graphics tab)

Many of the better user-made campaigns are included in the Installer. You can use them by selecting their folder on the mod tab of the launcher.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Thanks. I am running OpenGL. I even tried going into the Tech rom and playing the cutscenes from there but it still didn't play them.

WRT the Mods, I tried using the tab at the top at selecting one ie; "Awakenings". When I select it and click "Okay, Run" it just starts the FS2 campaign from the last "Bastion" mission. It won't open the mod at all.

Maybe the problem is I installed the "Open" installer after I installed the retail game. Should I unistall the retail version and just download everything via the lancher??

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The problem is that you must select the mod from the launcher (as you have done) AND select the campaign you wish to play from the campaign room in-game. Do that and your first problem should be over.

As for your second problem, do you have the FS2 CDs? Copy anything on disk 2 and 3 with the extension .mve into your main FS2 folder and run again. You should see the intro on startup now.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Is his problem that he doesn't have a decoder?  If so, then ffdshow from www.freecodec.com will fix him up.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That would only occur if he was using the .avi cutscenes and AFAIK the installer never installed those. .mve and .ogg only.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
:confused:  Windows comes with built-in .ogg video decoding support?  Or is it built into FSOpen?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
It's built into Open.

The problems with missing decoders was due to the .avi code relying on using DirectShow for playing the movies. Which itself was due to us not finding a good, cross-platform .avi decoder with a suitable (i.e non GPL) open source licence and therefore having to rely on Windows to decode movies for us.

The fact that .ogg can be decoded in-game is the main reason we added support for the format.

The problem is that you must select the mod from the launcher (as you have done) AND select the campaign you wish to play from the campaign room in-game. Do that and your first problem should be over.

AHHHHH! Awesome, thanks.

As for your second problem, do you have the FS2 CDs? Copy anything on disk 2 and 3 with the extension .mve into your main FS2 folder and run again. You should see the intro on startup now.

Yes I have the original disks. I'll give it a try. Thanks again.  I'm in the middle of something else right now so it may be a few days before I respond again. Thanks again for all your help.