Author Topic: OLD FreeSpace Open Installer  (Read 764373 times)

Re: FreeSpace Open Installer! Download it now!
OK I just downloaded the installer ( both versions) the zipped one for windows doesn't work, but the win/mac that requires java1.5 works fine, and is updating now.

I'm gonna try reinstalling winrar and see if that makes it work, I recently crossed over from winrar to 7zip ( 7zip is free btw)
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

It's 7zip, I reinstalled winrar and the installer starts fine, time to send a log file to the 7zip folks :)

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
It's 7zip, I reinstalled winrar and the installer starts fine, time to send a log file to the 7zip folks :)

That's odd, because it's zipped with 7zip. :)
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam

You do have the latest version, right?  4.42 stable, or 4.52 beta?  The correct version (32-bit or x64?)

Well turey I'm at a loss on this one, if 7-zip ziped it then it has to be a problem on my machine. I'll have a look and see whats up.

JR I download the latest and greatest that turey uploads every time he updates the installer

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
EH??  Turey doesn't include the 7-zip program in his Installer... what do you mean.  I"m not talking about the file, I'm talking about the program used to decode the file.  You might have an older version of 7-zip that has a bug in it or something.

If thats the case then  7zip really needs to update their website cause the 7zip I tried to open the installer with was Just downloaded from their site and installed last Monday.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
OK, here, you get the zip file in 7-zip, select all the files, and click the "extract" button, and select a location.  It doesn't auto-select all the files for you like WinRAR does.  The easiest way to extract is to right-click the zip file, go to 7-zip>Extract files... and pick a location.

Tried that, I tried extracting to a specific folder, extracting to the host folder, and running from the host folder, its gotta be a vista issue, every other problem I have is vista related.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Hmm.  Did you tell it to allow when it brought up the permission windows?  Or did you shut them off?

I don't get the permission problem tat vista has :) that is teh first thing  disabled and uninstalled when I first turned this thing on.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Heh, I must have gotten REAL lucky, because on my right-click there is at least 5 extraction engines ready to use.  I happened to pick 7-zip and do Extract Here (or whatever it says for extracting to the current location).  Freespace 2 is working completly fine for me; great job with that installer!

However, there is a very annoying bug in which Freespace doesn't put the targeting boxes, suns, and subspace nodes in the correct place!  This is most definitely caused by my widescreen 1900x1200 LCD.  Is there any way to fix this?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Erm... run in 1024x768  :( It's a bug.

Must be nice to be able to run 1900X1200, I have a standard monitor made by Dell in 2001 and anything above 1012X768 at 72 hrz refresh rate drives this thing crazy.

So I downloaded the exe installer, and when I hit "next" after the window where it asks me if I want "Yes to all," it's stuck at 0% and doesn't move.

....halp?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Great... Um, use the walkthrough in my siggy to get the Java version.  IDK, that's what I use...

That's the thing - I'll get to this screen:

http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?image=25645949aq8.jpg

hit next, and then the next screen will just stay blank (no text), be stuck at 0%, and the "Next" button will stay grey. Nothing comes up in the installer, even though in the command window I can see the big list of options.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Try it again, I think it's fixed.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
What Java executable do I use for the .jar installer?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Hmm, I have this walkthrough in my siggy... :p