Okay
24 (52.2%)
Failed
0 (0%)
Waste
9 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: December 25, 2006, 08:24:43 pm

Author Topic: Colossus  (Read 12475 times)

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
The only part of the aeolus you see from that distance is it's beam flare up :lol:
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Tiny cruisers armed with uber massive beam turrets! That'll be enough to have the shivans wet their pants  :lol:
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline ShivanSpS

The Colossus was very good, but it was bad used... the Colossus cant fight a Sathanas from the front...

But, if the Colossus jump in at a side from the Sathanas, them the Sathanas have no choice, jump out or will be destroyed.

Personally, the era of the "super big ships" is over. Just Imagine a Rakshasa which 3xLRed, instead of the 3xSRed...

LOL, 3 or 4 of that ship will own everything, same for the Aeolus.... LOL A Deimos which 4 Forward Beams XD!

But build only ship which firepower on front is a mistake... you need both of them.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Orion was more than 12 times the size of a Lucifer class destroyer, volume wise anyhow

I dont know why they said that, the Lucy is very long, not 12 times smaller than the Colossus. Idiots.

Offline Vip

One Luci in the "nose" section of Colie, at least 3 (maybe even 4, or 5 if someone is skilled) could fit in it's main part, two into the engine section, and at least one in the rest. This gives us about 9 Lucy's, though I think that if somebody would break the L into very small parts and fill with them the Colie's hull, 12 Lucifers would fit in it. Though it would take quite some time to check it, frankly.

Well, the Colossus wasn't supossed to be a ship to fight new threats. As somebody already said it, the only problem laid in the drawing boards, where designers didn't think that the Shivans could bring, bigger, nastier ships than before.

Also, the only known fights involving Colossus and the Sathanas are really tacticless. Collie should have waited further into the system for the Sath, and warp in on its side, bring most of his firepower while avoiding Sathanis foward beams.

Oh, and why do you think that Volition gave the Lucy the SReds ? Maybe the GTVA's scientists were able to annalyze the beam pattern/whatever and produce far more effective armor, reducing the Luci's beams effectiveness dramatically ?
Lieutenant Commander Richard "Viper" Pred

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
The Orion was more than 12 times the size of a Lucifer class destroyer, volume wise anyhow

I dont know why they said that, the Lucy is very long, not 12 times smaller than the Colossus. Idiots.

I just now noticed I said "The Orion"  :D

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
At least its not the GTVA Colossal, made from the parts from 12 Lucifer class superdestroyers.  :lol:
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Centrixo

the result against the RTC. collossus couldnt even destroy this tiny cruiser because of its massive blind spots.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline ShivanSpS

Thats what I saying... Arm a Rakshasa which 3xLRed on forward... them find a ship that can destroy it :P

Offline Centrixo

actuallyou look at the timer at the bottoom right, you will see that the collossus went down very quickly. so to cut a long story down, the RTC Xander had 2x modifed BFRED turrets
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Ugh what is up with people and their cruisers with rigged OMGWTFBBQSALAD beams? :doubt:

If you play on medium, the Colossus can actually take down up to 4 Orion destroyers. Try it.

Offline Shade

Indeed. Haven't we already had one thread recently where someone decided to compare home-made uberships to canon designs as if they were on equal ground? Ended rather badly, as I recall. No need to get into that here as well.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Centrixo

collossus couldnt even destroy this tiny cruiser because of its massive blind spots.

i think you failed to notice this piece of info, not the picture.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
That piece of info doesn't even matter, because a cruiser or corvette in its right mind will never be anywhere near a juggernaut.

Offline Shade

Not to mention the Colossus, when using non custom-uberships-of-doom at least, can take out a cruiser (save, perhaps, the Lilith) with flak and blob turrets alone. It doesn't need beams, so their blind spot is a moot point.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline ShivanSpS

Look what 4 rakshasas which 3xLReds each can do... hell even 2 can do it too...

I hope that the Shivans never noticed that if their mount LReds on the Rakshasas that "Light Cruiser" will own everything :P

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Centrixo

loool. i like i like :D.

but seriously though, never put a shivan sj up against a collossus, the chances are the latter will loose without too much taken from the sj.

That's like saying that if a foot soldier has a portable nuclear weapon, he'd be more powerful than any old tank column.

Well, he probably would be...  :nervous:

If you ignore the fact that he'd probably die in the detonation of his own weapon.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Centrixo

the tank can kill him and his nuke, a nuke sitting there wont do anything. in this case its the sath that has the power not the man(you never said anything about it having electronics, so for all i know its an empty shell of a nuke :nervous:).