Author Topic: Vanguard  (Read 7809 times)

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Looks cool, reminds me of the good ol' days of EQ/Evercrack/Neverquit/etc.  ;)
I am a revolutionary.

If I was theoretically in beta, i would tell you that theoretically the frame rate is bad even on a hypothetical high-spec pc.  I would also tell you that theoretically this was on very low settings where the game hypothetically looked like everquest 1.  I would hypothetically tell you that it is also very different from WoW.

Of course, this is all "if" I was theoretically in beta.

;)
Eddie Guerrero R.I.P. 1967-2005

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
in theory, of course.

sounds like NWN2 syndrome.  not looking great yet with huge system requirements and running choppy on graphics that look about the same as the game's predecessor, which ran nice and smoothly
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

If I was theoretically in beta, i would tell you that theoretically the frame rate is bad even on a hypothetical high-spec pc. 

IF i was theoretically in beta i would point out that optimization has barely begun and that FPS now should not be representative in the slightest of FPS at launch so you should keep your pants on

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
doesn't look like anything real special to me.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline miskat

Vangard might be fun, dunno.  Sounds better than Age of Conan or Warhammer Online, that's for sure.

After feeling sad and bored at the loss of fun in EQ and then feeling ripped off by the horrid post-60 gameplay of WoW, I'm feeling a bit... MMO sensitive right now, and yet Darkfall Online looks awesome.

Skill system a'la Morrowind.
Full PvP/Loot.
You have to aim your magic... and friendly fire IS on.
Naval combat.
Personal/Guild housing.
Mounted combat (limited personal attacks, and your mount can attack.)

That's a short list of why I think it sounds cool, look it up on www.darkfallonline.com for more info.  The unfortunate thing is that it is full PvP and skill based (to a larger extent than the bot-ridden WoW) and... well... I laketh teh skillz.  XD  Pretty game though!  XD

If I was theoretically in beta, i would tell you that theoretically the frame rate is bad even on a hypothetical high-spec pc. 

IF i was theoretically in beta i would point out that optimization has barely begun and that FPS now should not be representative in the slightest of FPS at launch so you should keep your pants on

Aye, but theoretically there shouldn't be 0-10 fps when everything is hypothetically very low, and the draw distance is zero, so you can't theoretically see past your feet.

You are right though.  I forgot about all that theoretical optimization and debug code they're running in the background.

Offline Centrixo

vangaurd i remember a old dos game call vangaurd, it was about this space ship on a planet destroying all this mechanical stuff and a big boss at the end, like another dos game major styker and tigers  :P
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
i figured people would
a) have heard of it by now
b) be able to use google

Kojan Continent
http://www.vgrangers.com/screenshots/kojan/kojan014.JPG
http://www.vgrangers.com/screenshots/kojan/kojan013.JPG
http://www.vgrangers.com/screenshots/kojan/kojan002.JPG
http://www.vgrangers.com/screenshots/kojan/kojan008.JPG

(above all from http://www.vgrangers.com - more screens there)

http://mmorpg.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=58384  Thestra screenshots

huge gallery
http://vanguard.ogaming.com/gallery/Official-Vanguard-Screenshots

============

Youtube videos (use the "related" list)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WqUbcM3pGQU

Wow, you see all this stuff? Yea, this is what you should have posted in your first post. Therefore, we would have gone, "oh, neat, a game" rather than "Wtf?".

It's stupid to assume that we've heard of a game, and by using that assumption, not post any content about the game at all, instead going "OMG OMG OMG THIS GAME WILL R0X LOLZ FANBOI!".

I await your angry, yet ultimately fruitless response.

Offline Centrixo

There all screenies and dont relate to the content of the game, for all i know this could of been taken on some other island in its dev. and when the game is released that island dont exist, only something boring.

Bit of advice, dont get too hyper on a game you have never played because ultimatly you tell your friends and its a real let down when you find out is grinding or some **** like that, example some players hacks the game and has l337 l337 w43p0n5 and t0p 13v31 42m0u2(elite elite weapons and top level armour).

In otherwords this topic is spam.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
I played vanguard beta a bit only a few days trough, but it gave feeling that it's same **** in diffrent box since it's gave pure Meh feeling there is just nothing cool to look forward to.
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Centrixo

need i say anymore, thanks Gloriano.

Offline Falcon

screenshots look ugly

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Let's more, more grinding for $10 a month. Nothing really exciting it seems like... possibly dynamic kingdoms, skill based instead of experience based, etc.

Hell, even Blizzard has been slowly revamping ye olde Evercrack end game. If they keep tweaking it then maybe by the time of the last expansion it'll be fun at level 90 or 100 :p
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

I really like the monk though...

Um, I mean, if I was in beta, i'd probably like the monk...   :nervous:

Offline miskat

:lol: :lol:

IF you were BETA.

I'm sorry, but what is the point in making all your BETA testers agree to a code of silence?  I mean... forgive me for being wrong, if I am, but I was always under the impression that the BETA reports were about half of the hype that a game generates pre-release.  Most the the truly hardcore fans are created in BETA.   :wtf:

Seems kinda silly.

*disappears into the crowd*

Offline Centrixo

*pulls miskat back out of the crowd* its called NDA, the reason is because of companies making games see people who are openly talking about ideas, this company can STEAL the idea and make it his own, and launch it before the orginal game with the idea in the first place.

NDA is a contract forbidding anyone from talking about this idea or game in question, otherwise the game makers get a bit suspicous you can find a hefty fine or worse prison time,
link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement .

stealing means taking something without consulting the owner before hand.

*pushes miskat back into the crowd*
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 09:25:39 am by Centrixo »

Game NDAs are not about stealing ideas at all. Any company could just do that after the game's released. It's all about maintaining control over the hype and publicity about a game before it exists on the market. For instance, who wants a load of information leaked about buggy or incomplete features of their product before they can be fixed?

Offline Centrixo

It's all about maintaining control over the hype and publicity about a game before it exists on the market.

thats what im talking about... thats why the NDA is there for.

so you cant put the points together, il explain it for you. stealing ideas is meaning 'talk' or hype, example; someone starts bragging about some game feature and thier happens to be a person nearby listening to this.

publicity is all about avertising the game and its 'features' such as the 'ideas', example in a booklet thier is screenshots and game layouts that can easily taken.

dont discount this will you :)
now tell me something i dont know.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 05:21:45 pm by Centrixo »