Poll

Which did -YOU- prefer blowing up capital ships with?

GTB Ursa
13 (50%)
GTB Zeus
1 (3.8%)
GTB Artemis D.H
0 (0%)
GVB Sekhmet
5 (19.2%)
GTB Medusa
2 (7.7%)
GVB Bahka
1 (3.8%)
GTB Boanerges
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Your favorite bomber  (Read 23440 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
The Artemis is defenitely better...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Well if you had a ship with the manuverability and speed of a fighter with the weapons capacity, armor, and shielding of a bomber, you'd have nothing more than a pwn-mobile that could obliterate absolutely anything single-handedly without any problems whatsoever.

You do have one, the GVB Sekhmet. 

Surprisingly , The two vasudan bombers, Sekhmet and Bahka are quite powerful. The Bahka is more of a strike bomber IMO, given its sleek design, and only having 2 missile turrets. (try the mission 'Bearbaiting' on hard, and wiping out all 4 main cannons + flak guns.... :ick: )

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
If I can't choose the Athena, I'll have to say Ursa. There is a reason it costs as much as a small moon!  ;7

That said, the Athena is superior to the Artemis in terms of speed and maneuverability.

LOL what planet are you from ? Artemis D.H runs RINGS around an Athena. Armor, firepower, speed and maneuverability.  :P

Oh, and the Artemis D.H is the sexiest fighter / bomber in the game.

I'm from Earth, and while it is true that in a casual run the Artemis is faster by 5 m/s (65 to 60), using afterburners, the Athena is faster by 10 m/s (120 to 110) and has 1 third more of the ammount of afterburner fuel that the Artemis has (400 to 300). That makes it... faster.

Also it's almost half the size of the Artemis (20 to 36!).
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
Whatever. The Shoebox is still p00ning in the polls; now its at 43% or so...

It is simple. The Ursa has more firepower then a cruiser!! You know your bomber is better then a cruiser when it can destroy that said cruiser faster then that said cruiser can destroy another cruiser of equal size+strength (such as Levi v. Levi and Levi v. Ursa...).
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline Centrixo

eh?. an ursa is more powerful than a super destroyer if you get everything right, albiet the rearming and bomb spamming a while because of the thick armour. take the turrets out, all of them then just keep firing your salvo's
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
The point is when you can take out a cruiser faster then a cruiser could take another cruiser out.

Make a mission... put a levithan about 3km from you, and two more levithans about 15km away. Jump into an ursa, load up with the best bombs and your best hull-damaging gun (can a Ursa mount a Maxim? If not a set of PromS), and go for it. Beam-free-all and tell the two cruisers 15km away to attack eachother. If you beat your cruiser faster then the other cruisers beat eachother, well you win. You show how good a bomber is...

The point is time. I would rather have two wings of ursa bombers to destroy a destroyer then i would have four wings of anything non-bomber.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Well, time, and percentage hull left. Odds are one of those levy's will be near critical, and the other dead, but the ursa will likely be near 100% hull at the end of each respective battle.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Centrixo

thats exactly why i said it could be as powerful as a super destroyer.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

i demand you fix that list of bombers.... thats not right, you took all the good ones off :(

Offline Centrixo

someone said that its ONLY fs2 bombers, not fs1

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
I'd attack a Levi from dead-on. Helios to main beam, then go after the smaller beams and missile launchers.

Here are some fun stats...
GTC Leviathan.
35 000 HP

GTB Ursa
550 HP
850 Shields
Mounts up to three banks of 5 Helios (5 per bank if memory serves).
1 Helios = 6 800 damage.

6 shots (1m30s to launch all 6) with a Helios to destroy the cruiser. Less if you mount double Maxim or Prometheus S. That cruiser's main anti-cruiser weapon is the SGreen, 2888 damage per salvo. 45s refire. It would take 16 salvos for a Levithan to destroy another Levithan. 720+ seconds to fire all said salvos.

I would rather fly the shoebox then the Levithan or Fenris. I might fly an Aeolus if I was given the oppertunity. Not much else... you can p00n anything with a GTB Ursa and a support ship (or a fleet of em... lol). I would hate to take down a Sathanas (1 000 000 HP takes some 148 Helios to destroy; 74 salvos; 2220s; 37 minutes of simply firing off Helios. It could be done... though the Flak will likely tear you or your bombs into shreads. Best take those out first then go after anything else of danger (a complete-disarm for all intensive purposes).

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Erm, that cruiser's main anti-cruiser weapon is actually the Fusion Mortar which does 80 damage per shot (I'm not kidding!).

And since it fires at 1 per second, using only the Fusion Mortar it will destroy another Leviathan in 438 seconds (or shots if you will).

Impressive isn't it?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 08:12:45 pm by Ghostavo »
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
6 shots (1m30s to launch all 6) with a Helios to destroy the cruiser. Less if you mount double Maxim or Prometheus S. That cruiser's main anti-cruiser weapon is the SGreen, 2888 damage per salvo. 45s refire. It would take 16 salvos for a Levithan to destroy another Levithan. 720+ seconds to fire all said salvos.
You can fire them off a lot faster if you simply switch the missile bank.

Offline Centrixo

i destroyed 3 sj's with the fastest time being 34 minutes for one of them. roughly 110 helios

I'd attack a Levi from dead-on. Helios to main beam, then go after the smaller beams and missile launchers.

But would you attack an Aeolus head on ? They're the most dangerous cruiser in game. Even the rakshasha cant stand up to it, in terms of anti fighter / bomber capability.

someone said that its ONLY fs2 bombers, not fs1

Didn't you notice that some of the FS2 bombers arent there?

i destroyed 3 sj's with the fastest time being 34 minutes for one of them. roughly 110 helios

don't you get bored playing such missions?
Steadfast  Project Member

INFERNO: ALLIANCE

When you are in multiplayer, getting the kill for the sathy is a high praise because if you do a lot of damage and die, you don't get the kill. You actually have to stay alive and do the majority of the damage.

Offline ShivanSpS

The Osiris can mount Kayser too, but the firing points of the Osiris sucks.

Anyway, i will be ask a simple question, do you think that the destruction of the Hades will be posible by any other bomber than the Ursa?