Author Topic: Myrmidon Cockpit?  (Read 23487 times)

Wasnt there one? Oddly enough  To me, the Myrmidon seems to be the only high poly terrin fighter model in the media vps that does does not have a transparent cockpit.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
I think the LOKI also does not have a transparent cockpit.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Slime

• Mucous-y
I don't think the Loki is even HTL'd... no offence to the modeler if it is  :lol: It's a nice fighter, it should be.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
I wonder if thats due to the design of the cockpit.  The other fighters have a more open design than the Myrmidon.  The Loki would seem to be easy to do.  But I'm not a modeler
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Also  It appears as if the Herc II cockpit and the Apollo cockpits do not seem to line up. I created the cockpit-ship.tbm and entered

$Name: GTF Ulysses
+nocreate
$Flags: ( "Show Ship" )

$Name: GTF Hercules
+nocreate

$Name: GTF Hercules Mark II
+nocreate

$Name: GTB Ursa
+nocreate

$Name: GTB Zues
+nocreate

$Name: GTB Medusa
+nocreate

ect...

Im guessing that anyothers will not line up either

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Wasnt there one? Oddly enough  To me, the Myrmidon seems to be the only high poly terrin fighter model in the media vps that does does not have a transparent cockpit.

I made one, at one point. I believe I didn't do much with it, though, for one reason or another... but I did post images, which are probably what you recall.

I do, though, still have the max scene file, and it's all set up to export the model.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 11:16:57 am by Taristin »
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

that looks pretty good why wasnt it included with the media vps?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
Because I don't think he exported it. :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Is the eyepoint on the Myrmidon that low?  I know it's stupid to have the pilots head anywhere near that giant vision-blocking beam, but you seem to be very close to the upper gun muzzle-flashes.

In any case, I support standing cockpits.  In the Myrmidon it isn't even that hard, since the huge thick beams hide whatever you've done to the consoles.  Just split them into four bits, glue two to the roof and two at waist height, done.  :)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
He is standing. Its just hard to see in that pic. Not that you'd ever even notice that in game anyway.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
I would guess is, in the Myrmidon, you wouldn't see anything. The virtual HUD is about all... not much near the dude's face.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline neoterran

It makes no sense to have a standing cockpit, this would be extremely uncomfortable and no-one would want to fly in a Myrmidon, imagine standing for hours on patrol, it would suck. Just because the cockpit is vertical doesn't preclude the depth necessary for a normal seat.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Dude, there's no gravity in space, standing in space =/= standing on Earth.

Offline neoterran

why are people sitting in 99 percent of the fighters then ? Hmmm mr. smart-mars guy !  :ick:

and what kind of syntax is =/= ? try != FFS !  :mad:
Chief Grognard.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Uh... didn't mean to offend  :nervous:

He is standing. Its just hard to see in that pic. Not that you'd ever even notice that in game anyway.

That's why I said 'I support standing cockpits' in reference to it, champ.  :nod:

Even in a standing position, he's not going to be standing like he's waiting for a bus.  He'll have a seat and he'll be strapped in.

Neoterran: blame Vasudan influence.  DAMN ZODS I TELLS YA.  ;)

Offline neoterran

Neoterran: blame Vasudan influence.  DAMN ZODS I TELLS YA.  ;)

This is exactly what i'm talking about. I refuse to fly the Myrmidon because of it's obvious Vasudan influence. Standing in a ship my ass...
Chief Grognard.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
probably more like laying down with the controls above you.
There is no up. no down. No forward or back in space. The thrust from the ship would only make you feel like you're laying down and controlling a tv on the ceiling

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Plus it's much easier to fit a vasudan in at the controls and they do say that the GTVA is moving towards both races being able to fly each other's ships.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
I do think the cockpit would make the Myrm look better in game.  be nice to see it converted.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.