Author Topic: Myrmidon Cockpit?  (Read 23489 times)

Well, I could see standing up in your cockpit, if there's no gravity to pull you down. It's more comfortable to lay down than to sit. Think about it, a bed inside a ship.

btw, was there a helmet on the pilot?

ps. What's wrong with Vasudans???

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
People, people, people...

You can go into all of your "realism" speaches as much as you want, but in the end, can you please remember that

This Is A Game

And reality doesnt need to be in every aspect of it. Stop killing coolness/aesthetics with your realities.

(Also, on a side note, if you use the size tags, you dont seem to have to close italics or bold tags, atleast in preview)
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Well, I could see standing up in your cockpit, if there's no gravity to pull you down. It's more comfortable to lay down than to sit. Think about it, a bed inside a ship.

Yeah, and using your legs to support your weight isn't really, really stupid at all.  No way you'd just be fully supported and strapped in in a vertical position.  Let's say 'no gravity in space' and then 'more comfortable to lie DOWN' in the same paragraph and see if anyone notices how stupid that is.

Hey Taristin, do you enjoy the hypocrisy of saying 'wah don't ruin my mindless acceptance of the gameworld don't kill my perspective' and 'it's just a game roffle' at the same time?  Clearly, the only correct perspective is yours, and saying 'it's not real' in a conversation about relative merits isn't a complete red herring AT ALL.  :rolleyes:

I honestly can't believe people are saying things like 'partially suspended' on a SPACEFIGHTER.  They clearly have artifical gravity technology.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
nitpick; Vasudans are rather larget than Terrans.  Just ask Admiral Bob.

Offline MarkN

where do people get the idea that artificial gravity technology would be used on a fighter from. It is a waste of space, unnecesary (due to the pilot being strapped in), and another thing to take damage and go wrong. The actual force exerted on the pilot is that from the engines and thrusters, and as the engines (which push forwards) are much bigger than the trusters, the pilot will feel like he is lying down (due to inertia).

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Hey Taristin, do you enjoy the hypocrisy of saying 'wah don't ruin my mindless acceptance of the gameworld don't kill my perspective' and 'it's just a game roffle' at the same time?  Clearly, the only correct perspective is yours, and saying 'it's not real' in a conversation about relative merits isn't a complete red herring AT ALL.  :rolleyes:

I honestly can't believe people are saying things like 'partially suspended' on a SPACEFIGHTER.  They clearly have artifical gravity technology.

You're doing the same thing. Clearly everyone else here is wrong, except you.
where do people get the idea that artificial gravity technology would be used on a fighter from. It is a waste of space, unnecesary (due to the pilot being strapped in), and another thing to take damage and go wrong. The actual force exerted on the pilot is that from the engines and thrusters, and as the engines (which push forwards) are much bigger than the trusters, the pilot will feel like he is lying down (due to inertia).

Exactly. Why would they do that? Obviously because Pnakotus says so, so it must be true. Clearly. :rolleyes:

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Hmmm

Thought; the FS1 intro is the only real clear glimpse of a fighter cockpit.  If there was no gravity, would the dead guy in the back not have his head floating up (I know you can't really see him, but the cutscene description in the ref bible IIRC is pretty clear it is hanging down)?

I'd say they probably have some form of artificial gravity to get the best balance between proper feedback, overcoming the uncomfortability of things like g-forces on the pilot, allowing 'normal' muscle movements that feel natural, etc.

Offline neoterran

You're doing the same thing. Clearly everyone else here is wrong, except you.

Exactly. Why would they do that? Obviously because Pnakotus says so, so it must be true. Clearly. :rolleyes:

Verily :D
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Id like to note that its bothersome that others have to resort to "wah wah i cant repeat the sentence correctly and have a mature conversation" when they disagree with others.

Offline neoterran

Anyway....

Do you guys like this cockpit ? Cause i think it would be cool.

The 3.6.9 vps are gonna contain a ton of new ****. The (hopefully fixed) HTL Ravana, the HTL Ursa, The Glowpointed Arcadia, the HTL Loki, new glows, new beams, and a bunch of other stuff i just can't remember atm.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Yeah, and using your legs to support your weight isn't really, really stupid at all.  No way you'd just be fully supported and strapped in in a vertical position.  Let's say 'no gravity in space' and then 'more comfortable to lie DOWN' in the same paragraph and see if anyone notices how stupid that is.

I was refering to "real" gravity, i.e. the gravity of a sun or planet, no need to get snippy.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
For use of gravity there could always be use of gravity plating like that in star trek.

It's really nice cockpit, it should be included in the new vp's.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
It's really nice cockpit, it should be included in the new vp's.

And this, in the end, is what matters...  :yes:
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

\Spartan waves to an admin

we need to re-vamp the next vp release....please?

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline aRaven

I'd rather have a new, better high  poly myr...the current one is...ugh ^^

the Myr was my favorite fighter!

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
\Zacam waves to spartan_0214

In this very sub-forum, there is a topic that deals with nothing but that very thing. Just saying. They are happening and like everything else, they'll be done as best as they possibly can be and won't be out until they are out. Trust me though, you'll appreciate the wait all the more once you get them.

aRaven: Hopefully, at some point, FS will enjoy HTL models for everything. I'm in the process myself of re-entering modeling and texturing specifically to see that dream come true. Once more people complete various projects that they're on, they may take a break and help speed things along here to see it come to pass sooner rather than later, but we're all very busy folk around here......some more so than others, and not all of us get to be as busy with what we'd _LIKE_ to be doing and instead have to deal with what we are required to do. (Also known as Real Life and various other interesting synonyms.)
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Shiny, thanks Zacam

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Yeah but the real problem with the HTL ships atm is the fact that we have some nice stuff almost done, only the creators of said ships lack time\cant b arsed to finish them... but they dont seem to release their work either so others can finish it  :doubt:

Examples? I distinctly remember the Iceni and the Cain\Lilith... and there are others, but those are from the top of my head

The thing that strikes me the most though is... why in the hell do they want to keep that work for themselves?!? I mean, those aint realy their designs, just their modeling work, which supposedly was done for the good of the community... PLEASE give that work for the community and let who can finish them

Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline CaptJosh

FFS, people. Stop calling it HTLing and talking about HTL models. HTL is Hardware Transform and Lighting, a hardware level EFFECT that is taken advantage of in coding the GAME. The models are high polygon, or hi-poly models. You can't make a model HTL. The game code has to support the HTL effects that the card can do. It is ignorant, even stupid, to keep calling these models HTL models.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
@Raven: I did put the model file and scene up for DL for someone else to finish. Months ago. Nobody did anything with it.