Author Topic: Supreme Commander  (Read 23419 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
More minor characters (such as the naval officers giving orbital support) and such would also help. Plus if all three campaigns were tied into one story...

I believe it was specifically mentioned in the manual that moving ships via gate technology is extremely dangerous and equally energy intensive. You have to remember that you're not being dropped from orbit when the mission begins, but gated in.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Hehe, just played a 3v3 versus match on GPGnet.

I managed to upgrade my ACU with Stealth, Cloak and a Microwave Laser.  After getting rid of the Omni Radars, my ACU waltzed into their bases and blew everything up =D

I had to reassure them I wasn't cheating and my ACU was just upgraded lol.  They tried to blindly shoot and drop bombs on my ACU (from the laser origin), but I started to micro a bit and zig-zagged my ACU, taking minimal damage.

That army of T3 Siege bots didn't even know what hit them =)

Offline mr.WHO

Hey guys tell me one thing - Do I sux or do gameplay sux (comparing to TA gameplay)?

I mean I feel that defensive structure are way too powerful comparing to ofensive structures.

In UEF mission 2 when I have to destroy main Aeon base:
T1 anti-ground battery+ wall could eat dozens of my medium tanks but one T1 artilery could outrange it.
T2 anti-ground battery + wall destroyer my 50 heavy tanks with ease.
few T1 AA plus one T2 AA destroyed 100 of my Attack bombers (only few mannage to drop bombs only to be negated by shields).

It looks that defence like:
few T1 anti-ground + 2 or 3 T2 anti ground + 2 or 3 T2(T3?) artilery battery + few T1 AA + 2 or3 T2 AA + 1 or shield emiters plus few lines of wall (plus 2 Anti-nuke)  = death to any number of T1, T2, T3 , ground or air.
Only way is a joint attack of large number of T2/T3 units covered by + >8 experimantal units (ground or air)  or build few experimantal artilery to blow this **** up.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Only two anti-nuke? A few nukes should do the trick.

If not, bring shield units into the offense as well, and just press on with the attack.

One thing I've been having fun experimenting is attacking with Czars and then making them fall over a good portion of his base/defenses.  :drevil:
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline mr.WHO

Do there is an option to order units to move in formation (so I can use shield units well)?
coz when I order to move +30 units they tend to create long column that is easy prey to defenders :(.

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
hold down right mouse drag and when the "hallow" units appear click left mousebutton
I hate My signature!

Offline Darius

Alt-Right click moves them in formation, Ctrl-Alt-Right Click does an Attack-move in formation.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
One thing that I do find slightly irritating, if totally irrelevant, is the Icon. It's exactly the same shade of blue as a highlighted icon on my desktop, it's not important, just offputting :) I got it yesterday, good fun, but I need to practice at these more 'throwaway' type RTS games, I usually prefer games where you can level up units by keeping them alive, but as enormous war simulations go, it's very impressive.

Must admit though, the way the single player works, by extending the map with each new objective, is very similar to Warzone 2100, there are a few more similarities as well, but I guess that's to be expected, after all, radar can only really do one job ;)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
One thing that I do find slightly irritating, if totally irrelevant, is the Icon. It's exactly the same shade of blue as a highlighted icon on my desktop, it's not important, just offputting :)
Being a little picky, huh? Hadn't even noticed that and I've owned the game some time now. :p

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
:lol: I just tend to click on the desktop when I see a higlighted icon, in order to unhighlight it, I clicked about 3 times before realising why it wasn't working :p

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I remember being told to wait out the credits, but having completed the UEF campaign recently, I got the final cutscene and the credits never even came up. I just sat there staring at black screen for a few minutes before I brought up the task manager and killed the process.

So what was I waiting for, exactly?

A Feddie Story

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I dunno, I've owned the game a little over month now but never brought myself to finish the campaigns last 1-2 missions. :nervous:

You must have encountered a bug instead of the video.

It turns out you can go back and watch the teaser without waiting through the credits if you just select it manually in the Campaign Start area.

Offline mr.WHO

1) Does walls count as unit in unitcount?
2) Where I can check the unitcount (I use the smallest interface set) ?

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Press F2 to see score/unitcount. Not sure if this works in Campaign though.

Walls don't count as units though, at least not that I'm aware of.  :nervous:
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
They do.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Yep. Although only towards 0.1 of a unit per wall.

So ten wall pieces = one towards your unit count.

That said, there are ways to mod the game, and included in the code are settings dictating how much each unit costs towards the unit count (Experimentals take up more than one unit count per unit I think). So it's possible to change that and have an unlimited number of units (potentially).

The 1000 unit cap there can be modded (just like in TA).  It's just that current PCs would explode (figuratively) if you set the cap too high, so they put it at something reasonable (for now).

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
The 1000 cap is ok, but if you look in the campaigns they deliberately limit you and only increase the cap when the map increases in size.

Which can be annoying if you're turtling up before continuing the mission

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I hit the wall head on in the last UEF mission well below 1000 I think...and with only a single Fatboy in play, too.

A Feddie Story