Author Topic: C&C3  (Read 27689 times)

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Sorry to necro, but I finally got around to beating the GDI campaign... did anyone else feel kinda jipped? After the final briefing or whatever, it just went back to the title screen and I said "What? That was it?" Am I missing some sort of final mission or something? Do I have to beat it with NOD too to get some sort of ending, or closure?  :confused:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
The Nod ending is actually much worse in that respect. The GDI ones were reasonably conclusive, but the Nod one really leaves you hanging. I haven't had any time to play the Scrin campaign yet.

Offline Ulala

Ugh, so I'm going to have to shell out more of my money to EA and buy the expansion pack to maybe learn something more?
I am a revolutionary.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I finished all 3 and they all scream - SEQUEL!!!!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Centrixo

the game is OK. Sometimes it frustrates me, but i am too stubborn to give up without a fight.

So far i have reached NOD mission 8: Temple Prime. it seems good so far, nod mission Washinton DC. was an absoulte pain , continous non stop rocket spamming from nearby buildings, whew! the only way i find that is useful around that missions is a good defense and alot of suicide troops. other then that i like the results.

now back to the game and onwards to the scrin.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I was enjoying it but for some reason I can't get the audio to work at all now.  I'm hoping the next patch solves things...that or my upgrade in the fall fixes it.  Might have to get a cheap sound card instead of my onboard.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

wait till the last mission, while you have to protect a group that considers you hostile, all the while GDI keeps tank-spamming your base.
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I just took down their base myself and captured some of their stuff in that mission. They don't do much to hold off GDI anyway, so you might as well get them out of your way.

Offline Centrixo

there are some really easy missions in this game, GDI Mission 8 and NOD Mission 8. all i did was run the enemy down with apcs and predator tanks, with the nod i ran the enemy down with the venom strike fighter planes.

this game reminds me of warzone 2100 in many ways.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline ShivanSpS

****SPOILER WARNING****

The GTI only attacks the generators by land only after they destroy everything else... in that mission i assembled about 40 Venons, and when the alien where nearly destroyed i sended all of then to cover the generators... you dont need much more than that... the rest is just a cleaning using nuclear strikes and the Vertigos bombers :pimp:

The tanks attacks on your base are easy to defend, the GTI ALWAYS attack by the same side, just build 3 obelisk in the big tiberium hole and ready :P

About the scrins... well i just finished, it was short, only 5 or 6 missions, the scrins where suprised, a Tiberian explocion should be caused naturally, only when the planet was full of tiberian, they never expect that there will be forces on the planet, they should be already self destructed or extintion, because Tiberian grows to more than 97%, they come to harvest the Tiberium, (called Ichor, by them).

Well at the end "Mission Aborted, prepare a full invacion force, Earth will fall". and are looking information about Kane...

« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 04:29:44 pm by ShivanSpS »

umm, bud, maybe you should add a spoiler warning to that post...

Offline Ulala

Do you have to beat GDI and NOD campaigns first to unlock the Scrin campaign? I'm not seeing it in my menu, though I've only finished GDI's.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Do you have to beat GDI and NOD campaigns first to unlock the Scrin campaign? I'm not seeing it in my menu, though I've only finished GDI's.

In a word - yes. You do.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
no, you cna edit the ini file (or some other..can't remeber which) to unlock Srcn immeidately :D
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Alright, but that's cheating :p

Offline ShivanSpS

A question, the GTI have more than one Ion Cannon? because in the briefing of the second mission is called un plural "our Ion Cannons are still offline" and in the coming of the Aliens... well you can clearly see 2 ions shoots there.... from where come the first shoot???

Well, the GDI has many many ion cannons in orbit around Earth, in fact one briefing suggests they have one in each region.  If you notice in the video of the Scrin's initial invasion, there are multiple satellites firing out into space.  In any given battle ingame, though, you can only build one control center (IDK if you can capture more though, I know you can cap the temple of nod and the rift generator and have all 3 weapons at the same time.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
A question, the GTI have more than one Ion Cannon? because in the briefing of the second mission is called un plural "our Ion Cannons are still offline" and in the coming of the Aliens... well you can clearly see 2 ions shoots there.... from where come the first shoot???
GDI (Global Defense Initiative).  And yes they do seem to have more than one Ion Canon.  That really gives them a huge edge because they can fight NOD all over the place and call in Ion Strikes when the situation depends on it.  I never thought about it being a monolithic weapon anyways...in my mind there were always groups of them so that you could cover most of the planet with targeting abilities.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."