Author Topic: X-Wing  (Read 37926 times)

if the cockpit is that low, how the hell is anyone supposed to see out of it?  I'll stick with the ESB model for now. seriously, it looks like the only direction he can see is straight up.

Well, in XWA and XVT the only way you COULD see out of the x-wing is above you and just over the control panel where your cross hair is  :ick:

thats why i hate all cockpits. they just obstruct your field of view. Another reason why i love Freespace :D
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline aRaven

if the cockpit is that low, how the hell is anyone supposed to see out of it?  I'll stick with the ESB model for now. seriously, it looks like the only direction he can see is straight up.

well, that was probably the reason why the rebels hat so many casualties from the battle of yavin ^^

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter

much better dirt

more dirt

« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 01:20:20 pm by Turambar »
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
well, my baby is going off to be converted.

they grow up so fast!
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
 :jaw: Nice.....When will you finish the blockade runner?
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
When I finish the escape pod.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Topgun

they grow up so fast!

mine have a hormone problem.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.

they grow up so fast!

mine have a hormone problem.

I shot mine when they were born because they were ugly.

Seriously though, sorry i haven't been around and helped after i said i would. I've been busy with real life, and I just can't model anything thats even remotley good.

But I would like to say you guys are doing amazing work. You have some of the most detailed models of any campaign I've seen.
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Very awesome work...
now, I'm trying to picture what's missing, it's just that the reflective color doesn't seem to come off right.. it looks a bit too flat, instead of rough, like a rebel fighter should be.  I'm not sure, maybe I'm just being picky.  Anyways, great work!!

the cockpit still looks a little too blue to me.. i'm used to having a very faint blue, if at all. but thats just me  :p
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
He's right, I just noticed that. I think it should be the same color of the hull, but a bit darker.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline aRaven

i agree...and could you fix the laser tips please? :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Hmm... Trashman, if you're being picky, show us a top-down and side view please.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Topgun

Hmm... Trashman, if you're being picky, show us a top-down and side view please.

:wtf:

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
He wants to know if it's too flat or anything, and SWC wants authenticity. A side view and a top down view would help out.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Here ya go, what do you think?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
OK, going into "I'm such a star wars nerd I have a model of it so I'm going to be really picky" mode.

The laser cannon tips need to be smoother,  the x-wing needs to be longer and a little thinner. When the Xwing is elongated, do the same with the cockpit canopy, it looks... squashed; move the canopy tip forward and lower the top a smidgen.

The texturing is spot on though. Excellent work overall, just my nitpicks.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
You're used to seeing it from perspective.  Those shots are in ortho mode, no perspective.  Look at the previous renders Turambar posted, I'm pretty sure it's long enough.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I have no idea what the hell ortho mode is.