Author Topic: Campaigns  (Read 77930 times)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Can you change the Reciprocity entry? :)

Reciprocity

Author(s):

Storyboard, artist, modeller - Aldo
Weapons modder - Raven
3d animation - Darkage, Stryke
2d artwork - Sesquipaedlian
FREDers (mission designers)- Night Hammer, Blue Lion, Diamond Geezer

Complete Description:
Capella is a distant memory, and the Sol jumpnode has been reopened.  As the GTVA tries to forget the bloody wars of the past 2 decades, a new threat looms in the in outer systems.  And the Alliance will have to face it's greatest nightmare - and make the ultimate sacrifice to survive.

Number of missions:
20-40 (inc. SOC loops and alternate endings)
Mods included: Yes:
20+ new ships, new set of primary & secondary player weapons, rapid fire capship lasers, 'velocity flak', cruise missiles, new AI settings, new nebulas, new backgrounds, new lightning storms, voice acting (TBC)

Release Date: When it's done.

Offline Black Sheep

• Wannabe Composer
Originally posted by aldo_14
...voice acting (TBC)

...what is TBC?
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"
-Hamlet rulez

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Linked to wrong banner :D :o

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Aldo, remeber to check your e-mail; I have an alternate proposition, one that should be more convenient for you hopefully. :)
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman

Join the fight for the future by downloading the demo at http://free.hostdepartment.com/maelstrom

Ten Years have passed since the events at Capella. Ten years of peace. Of rebuilding. Of hope. Despite this, there is unease, as across the Alliance flag ships and entire battle groups are given massive refits of highly classified technology. Some even specualte that GTVI directors responsible for the refits are preparing the GTVA fleets for war...

Admiral Wolf's Office, GTVA Command Station Alpha, Delta Sirpentis system:
Admiral Wolf: "At 0500 hours we lost contact with the last vessel transmitting from Antares. The entire has Vasudan 7th Battle Group has vanished from sensors, and our weapons research facility in the area has also stopped responding to hails. As soon as the GTxC Armand arrives with our remaining crew, the Ark Royal is shipping out to investigate the situation."
Commander Anderson: "When will the Armand get here?"
Ad. Wolf: "Well they've been ordered to conduct a prelimenary investigation into the situation in Antares on thier way here so they should be here in a few days."
Cmdr A: "Alright, is there anything else I should know?"
Ad. Wolf: "I... I can't say much, but you should know that command is sure this isn't Pirate activity or communications malfunction. Something's out there..."

You are Alpha 1, just finishing your training on board the torpedo cruiser GTxC Armand. You know the assignment to the Ark Royal will be challenging, you can't wait to start, but nothing can prepare you for what you are about to see... and feel.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2002, 06:27:51 am by 798 »
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions

Admiral Wolf's Office, GTVA Command Station Alpha, Delta Sirpentis system:
Admiral Wolf:

Except that Admiral Wolf died on the Galatea 'way back in FS1.  Or does admiralty run in the family?  :nod:

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by Goober5000

Except that Admiral Wolf died on the Galatea 'way back in FS1.  Or does admiralty run in the family?  :nod:

Shoulda explained this:
He's the original Wolf's grandson.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Su-tehp
Aldo, remeber to check your e-mail; I have an alternate proposition, one that should be more convenient for you hopefully. :)

Alternative to what?

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Don't worry about this, Aldo, you gave me the info I needed. I'll see what I can do about creating the stuff I need now. Thanks for your help.

I'll be making an announcement on all the FS boards asking for volunteers to help me with the DatDB campaign within a few days.

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
THIRD TWILIGHT UPDATE!

Get the new banner from Third Twilight website.
Description: Year is 2382. Terrans have found a new, mysterious system but they don't have a glue that this system is not theirs. Somthing bigger lurks in the depths of the nebula, something lethal and that something is bigger than the vasudan fleet, bigger than dozens of Sathanas juggernauts blowing up capella. And the third war for survival begins. The war we cannot win...

Release date: Christmas 2003

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by Ten of Twelve
THIRD TWILIGHT UPDATE!

Get the new banner from Third Twilight website.
Description: Year is 2382. Terrans have found a new, mysterious system but they don't have a glue that this system is not theirs. Somthing bigger lurks in the depths of the nebula, something lethal and that something is bigger than the vasudan fleet, bigger than dozens of Sathanas juggernauts blowing up capella. And the third war for survival begins. The war we cannot win...

Release date: Christmas 2003

"but they don't have a glue that this system is not theirs" < They don't have a glue? :lol:

And Christmas 2003!? DAMN!
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline Skippy

• It's not a bug, it's a feature™
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
Woohoo, lot of updates to do ;)

I'll try to do them tomorrow
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)

Offline Skippy

• FS/FS2 Campaigns List
I couldn't do it yesterday, so it was done today :nod:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Okay since an update was requested for all campaigns.

Author(s):
karajorma

Complete Description:
Number of missions:
20-25 in the first part. 3 parts in total.
Mods included: Yes. At least 2 new capships a new juggernaut and a new base.
Description:
It's 6 years since the end of the 2nd great war. The GTVA has cracked but held. Humans and vasudans are worried that the Supernova could begin to affect their systems soon. The GTVA decide to investigate in a remote system that will be the first to be hit by the shockwave. Alpha 1 is assigned to guard this important research and while doing so begins to unravel a plot that goes back 32 years and has severe implications on the future of the entire GTVA.

Release Date: Before Christmas possibly sooner.

Demo mission coming soon.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Oh, one more thing about TT. Webpage URL is www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/3rdtwilight

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
OK, Skippy, I have a BIG update for my campaign! Most of this stuff is the same, but the story synopsis has changed; I've added the replacement text below.

Name of the campaign: Between the Devil and the Deep Blue
- Logo (if any): None as yet
- Author(s): Su-tehp (that's me! :D )
- Number of missions: Unknown as yet
- Mods included (if any):
Following MODs by Aldo, Woomeister, Dark, Robin Varley, Psycho (and others):
GTCa Warlock
GTWc Gryphon
GTWc Orc
GTCv Phobos
GTCv Nike
GTF Vesuvius
GTF Claymore (Mk I)
GTF Claymore Mk II
GTF Valkyrie Mk II
GTF Stentor
GTB Peregrine
GTB Gagana
SI Arachnas
SB Vindhyachal
GTI Acheron
GTI Lycaeon
(and others)

- Description of the campaign: "It is the year 2385. Eighteen years have passed since the end of the Second Great War. While the GTVA was able to evacuate most of the quarter billion Capella refugees and prevented the Shivans from unleashing a new apocalypse upon the Terrans and Vasudans, the cost was very high. Most of the Alliance fleet was destroyed and the Capella system was lost to the Shivans. Thousands of Capellan refugees were killed before they could be evacuated. The Alliance military suffered nearly two hundred thousand casualties as a result of the campaign in the Shivan Nebula and nearly three hundred thousand more were killed or wounded as a result of the NTF Rebellion.

Yet the loss of the Capella system is nothing to the devastation the Destroyers inflicted on the Terrans and Vasudans during the First Great War. In those dark days, Vasuda Prime had been obliterated and billions of Vasudans lost their lives. In a last ditch effort to stop the SD Lucifer, Humanity was cut off from Earth for decades.

Still, even now, hope remains. With the discovery of the Knossos portal technology, the GTVA reestablished contact with Earth, which, thankfully, was little the worse for wear from its long isolation. New technological advances and the return of Earth to the Alliance have enabled the Terrans and Vasudans to create new weapons with which to fight the Shivans. And the knowledge that the GTVA survived two encounters with the Destroyers, while uncounted other species suffered extinction, has bolstered the morale of both species.

A recent discovery in the Aldebaran system is enabling the GTVA to take the battle to the Shivans for the first time. Though the Capella system has been sealed, another route towards Shivan space remains open, a route overlooked by the Enemy. An Ancient jump node map reveals the route of the Lucifer fleet when it appeared in Ross 128 at the start of the First Great War. The GTVA prepares to send a taskforce through a previously unmapped node.

For the first time, the Alliance is truly about to take the battle to the Destroyers.

And here is where our story begins, on the 50th anniversary of the SD Lucifer's attack on Ross 128..."

And we just our website up and running! Find it here:

http://fredzone.unitedgamerscoalition.com/datb/

More info to come later! :D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2002, 02:59:32 pm by 387 »

The Order of the Stick

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
A status update on my FS1 :nod: campaign, Fortunes of War...

Hmm...

As of a week or so ago, the campaign was about 95% complete; however, I recently got an idea to expand and flesh out the storyline a little more, which means I'll have to make a few more missions.  That, coupled with the possibility of getting voice acting (!) means that the campaign progress is officially probably about 70% complete.  I'll also have to push back the release date to late 2002 or maybe early 2003.

Would anyone be interested in me releasing a teaser mission?

And how confused are people going to get when they see a campaign authored by a "Sesquipedalian" that doesn't post as "Sesquipedalian"?  (The other Sesquipedalian beat me to the username, grrr...) :mad2:

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Maelstrom, new banner

Website now changed to: http://www.maelstrom.web1000.com

[glow=white]:D [/glow]
« Last Edit: September 01, 2002, 12:56:16 pm by 798 »

Offline Skippy

• FS/FS2 Campaigns List
OK, I'll do all updates tomorrow (today my connection speeds equals about 1-2Kb/s :wtf: )