Author Topic: Battle for Deneb  (Read 15348 times)

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Trashman, Venom/Nico made that model. I have the PM's, the modeldump, the permission to use it in missions, and confirmation from other people that it was him, and not you. The number of times you're trying to pass off models people have made as your own is sickening.

VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Snail

• SC 5
TrashMan made the HTL one. Venom made the low-poly one.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
TrashMan made the HTL one. Venom made the low-poly one.

Semi-HTL one...I'ts more mid-range..a bit more that 4500 polys

http://hades-combine.com/web/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=207

Whatever, 'twas a good campaign anyway.

Thank you ;)

Some campaigns get a lot of attention and whatever...threads with 30 pages...mine went rather unnoticed... :(
But I be damned if I knew why...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Snail is technically correct, however the 'HTL' Legion shouldn't be considered the de-facto standard by any means.  It's got many flaws, not least of which is the fact that the hole is all but a cylinder (cylindrically tile mapped at that) booleaned out of the side of the ship.  It's also based off of a radically different base HTL model than is used in the Media VPs, so it will look out of place as much or more so than the original low-poly one unless you're going with an all-Trashman model set.  Venom's Legion is so much better - it's more detailed for its polycount, and it's got custom textures that give it the appearance of an abandoned, burnt-out hulk that Boolean-Subtract just cannot ever convey.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Venom's Legion is HTL?

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
when did htl instantly equal good?
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Maybe not to you, but to the gastropods, since it was conceived.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
HTL only makes something good if the additional polys go to making the model better.  I can't honestly say that in this case.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Also there are holes in the hull of Trash's l_egion. I was hiding in the fighterbay as I usually do with Orions blasting away enemy fighters, but I still go shot at by turrets.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Snail is technically correct, however the 'HTL' Legion shouldn't be considered the de-facto standard by any means.  It's got many flaws, not least of which is the fact that the hole is all but a cylinder (cylindrically tile mapped at that) booleaned out of the side of the ship.  It's also based off of a radically different base HTL model than is used in the Media VPs, so it will look out of place as much or more so than the original low-poly one unless you're going with an all-Trashman model set.  Venom's Legion is so much better - it's more detailed for its polycount, and it's got custom textures that give it the appearance of an abandoned, burnt-out hulk that Boolean-Subtract just cannot ever convey.

No...
1. My Orion is made to follow the looks of the stock Orion far more than the madia VP one....It's basicly a more detailed stock Orion without me inventing half of the things on it or using different textures.

2. I used venoms textures + made a few of my own.. my Orion hulk has griders and steel beams jutting out and the hole is not a cylinder..I twisted and deformed it a bit before I made a hole...

You could you know..TAKE A LOOK at what youre commenting... .POFressor  :lol:

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Also there are holes in the hull of Trash's l_egion. I was hiding in the fighterbay as I usually do with Orions blasting away enemy fighters, but I still go shot at by turrets.

AI shooting trough hull...that's a AI bug or something...wasn't that fixed?

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
If that ship is just a hulk and you want to use it for a secret base. It seems possible. As far as the hulk not being maintained, it'd probably take a good deal of overhauling for basic power, but besides that it's a dead hulk perfectly preserved after the day it died in space which is a vacuum. Since the day it fried and it floated in space, it should be just as good as the day it got fried since in a vacuum is about the best place you can preserve stuff and stuff like decay and rust won't happen.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

There was an Orion with a big hole through it used just like that in Transcend, but i dont think its the same one that was left floating above Deneb.

Still working on the mission people, gimme time  :D

Offline Mehrpack

• Flying Monkey
If that ship is just a hulk and you want to use it for a secret base. It seems possible. As far as the hulk not being maintained, it'd probably take a good deal of overhauling for basic power, but besides that it's a dead hulk perfectly preserved after the day it died in space which is a vacuum. Since the day it fried and it floated in space, it should be just as good as the day it got fried since in a vacuum is about the best place you can preserve stuff and stuff like decay and rust won't happen.

hi,
mhh no, yes its doesnt get rusty, but theres a lot of mini meteriods they rush into it.
and so slowly the armor gets damage and where the armor after the fight is defect the meteriods damage the remaining inter systems.

but i think its a good place for a hidden base, because its a suprise.

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.
attention: this english is dangerours and terrible, runaway so fast you can!

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Also, it would have been subjected to solar radiation for 60 years. Granted, it would be subjected to less because it's probably protected by the planet's magnetic field, but there are probably some highly radioactive areas on that ship.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Luna has been subjected to solar radiation for billions of years, with no magnetic field to protect it, and its surface is not radioactive...
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Also, it would have been subjected to solar radiation for 60 years. Granted, it would be subjected to less because it's probably protected by the planet's magnetic field, but there are probably some highly radioactive areas on that ship.

Erm.....i dont think someones going to go so far as to have a paint-stripped Orion made.  :lol:

Offline Kie99

Erm.....i dont think someones going to go so far as to have a paint-stripped Orion made.  :lol:

Wouldn't really be hard, just make the current texture silvery-grey instead of blue-grey and replace the current maps with it.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
*screenshot taken with lightning turned off and glowmaps turned on* (too dark wiht normal lightning)

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.

hi,
mhh no, yes its doesnt get rusty, but theres a lot of mini meteriods they rush into it.
and so slowly the armor gets damage and where the armor after the fight is defect the meteriods damage the remaining inter systems.

but i think its a good place for a hidden base, because its a suprise.

Mehrpack

Then how do people in the active ships survive?

aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"