Author Topic: The Babylon Project Campaign Pack 1.0 now available! (thread updated)  (Read 28451 times)

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
The Babylon Project Campaign Pack 1.0 now available! (thread updated)
The Babylon Project Campaign Pack v1.0

To bring to an end the "where's some freakin' TBP campaigns?" threads, I have compiled all the TBP Campaigns I could find into one easy installer.

Included Campaigns and Mission Sets:

B5 Star Fury Pilot Missions        (by madaboutgames)
Earth Alliance Training               (by madaboutgames)
Infestation                               (by madaboutgames)
Survivor                                  (by madaboutgames)
Tale of the EAS Janus               (by Lady Rose)
Drums of War - Part 1               (by 0rph3u5)
Drums of War - Part 2               (by 0rph3u5)
The Black Hand - Episode 1       (by 0rph3u5)

The Babylon Project version 3.4 or higher is required to play.

Download Link:
<a href="http://files.filefront.com/BabylonProjectCampaignPack+10/;8838983;/fileinfo.html" title="BabylonProjectCampaignPack 1.0">BabylonProjectCampaignPack 1.0[/url]
approx - 220mb

Enjoy! (and quit yer whining! LOL ;))

PLEA FOR MORE CAMPAIGNS!!!

To TBP Mission Builders: Release your campaigns like you nornally do, host'em where you like (we still need them hosted individually so we don't drive 56k'ers crazy) but just let me know and I'll download'em and roll'em into the campaign pack.

To TBP fans: I know of at least on TBP campaign that is MIA, that being the "Honor of Omega." It's listed on the official TBP Homepage but the link is DEAD.
If you have this campaign (or any others that I missed) please let me know and get'em to me and I'll roll'em into the campaign pack!

END PLEA

hip63 :p
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 07:40:22 am by hip63 »
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: The Babylon Project Campaign Pack 1.0 now available!
Are all of these going to be bundled with 3.4a?

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Re: The Babylon Project Campaign Pack 1.0 now available!
Nope :blah:

The resaon being that as new campaigns are released, the Campiagn Pack can be updated, uploaded and downloaded much easier that having to rebuild the 3.4 versions of TBP and having everyone having to re-download a huge Gig+ file just because some new campaign is released.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 07:10:05 am by hip63 »
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
Re: The Babylon Project Campaign Pack 1.0 now available! (thread updated)
I just noticed that Vidmaster has released a new campaign, "Fortune Hunters - 2259"

Official thread here:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,50262.0.html

This, of course, will be rolled into the next version of the TBP Campaign Pack in coming weeks (maybe it will have some company, who knows ;7)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
pm me before building the next version and I fix some of the typing errors and minor problems still in the most recent version
I dont want to upload another update now and write "hey, people redownload AGAIN so that "e" in line 158 isn't missing anymore" or something like that.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Vidmaster

okay, online. Just download as usual.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Downloading it; been many years for Janus

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Fortune Hunters is nice.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Skullar

Played furtune hunters, and I enjoyed it !

I appreciate the small things that "add" to the TBP universe. For example the hidden Raiders outpost with the refitted Nova.

Offline Vidmaster

I worked a llllllooooonnnggg time on the script (the whole one, not only 2259). Actually, I intended to make this campaign for I've found her (another B5 space game) or to write some sort of fan fiction...                   ...but then I said to myself: Hey, you're playing Freespace and all the mods since the original was released, why the hell did you never learn FRED ? What came out can be enjoyed at the link above :rolleyes:

Offline Skullar

scriptwriting can be Looooooooooooooooooooooooooong, i know that !!!!

The Earth Alliance Civil War script is complete, and I started writing it in  2001 I think. Or earlier ?

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
ouch and at least that's a strright up and out war. Imagine trying to do the Telepath crisis -->Sorry the The Psi War.
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Half the campaigns don't work properly anymore. (with 3.4a)

Tales of EA Janus being one of hte bigger offenders. I had to tweak half the missions, sine ther were missing ships (Nemessis), invalid dock points (shutllte picking up that stranded Aurora didn't trigger) and a few other things.
Some other campaigns have problems too.

Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Why don't you guys band together and update the missions?  :nervous:
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

Nemessis

which ship is that ? better: what kind of ship was that ?

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Nova-x

B.t.w - is it just me or are Earth-Minbari war ship TERRIBLY underpowered.
I know Sharlins are da bomb and taking one out was allways coupled with HEAVY losses for the EA, but hell, 3 novas and 4 hyperions can't get it below 50% hull. This is preposterus!

Human weapons didn't suck that much (as evidenced by the fact that the first salvo from a few hyperion cruisers when the humans and minbari first met damaged a sharlin enough to kill off several very important people...yet in the game a few hyperions can't manage to get 2% hull integrity off a sharlin :hopping:)

Offline maje

Nova-x

B.t.w - is it just me or are Earth-Minbari war ship TERRIBLY underpowered.
I know Sharlins are da bomb and taking one out was allways coupled with HEAVY losses for the EA, but hell, 3 novas and 4 hyperions can't get it below 50% hull. This is preposterus!

Human weapons didn't suck that much (as evidenced by the fact that the first salvo from a few hyperion cruisers when the humans and minbari first met damaged a sharlin enough to kill off several very important people...yet in the game a few hyperions can't manage to get 2% hull integrity off a sharlin :hopping:)

And yet, in the Long Twilight Struggle, three Narn Cruisers whose tech is about on par with the EA managed to disable a Shadow Battlecrab (large one that carries fighters), which is a hell of a lot more advanced than a Sharlin.  It's odd, isn't it?
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline Vidmaster

That's just Freespace. The EA ships don't come close enough to do real damage.

AND the Narn use beams in that episode, beam tech which they have taken from the Centauri and sold to the EA. But during the war, Earthforce didn't have those.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Theres a difference between "not doing much damage" and "doing so little damage that 1000 of your best ships can't even dent the paint on mine".
IMHO, it's just retarded.

Offline Vidmaster

in that case, play with the hitpoints in FRED, that's what I am doing all the time  :)