Author Topic: 'remained behind so that others might reach the Vega node'  (Read 7368 times)

Re: 'remained behind so that others might reach the Vega node'
There's just one thing: GTVA Command had no idea the supernova would occur, and there is no way Alpha 1 could have known. Rushing to the node to save one's skin is not a decision you can make without knowledge of the supernova.

The first time I played that mission I was so banged up after 3 minutes that I had to orbit around the GTCv and simply order wingmen and throw Trebs around.
I was in a Perseus, so I had no problem reaching the node when s*** hit the fan.
'Teeth of the Tiger' - campaign in the making
Story, Ships, Weapons, Project Leader.

Offline Agent_Koopa

• These words make the page load that much slower.
Interestingly enough, this signature is none of the following:
A witty remark on whatever sad state of affairs the world may or may not be in
A series of localized forum in-jokes
A clever and self-referential comment on the nature of signatures themselves.

Hobo Queens are Crowned, but Hobo Kings are Found.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
This is what really happens.

Command: Capella has gone supernova...Godspeed pilots!
A1: That is so ****ing weak command!
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
This is what really happens.

Command: Capella has gone supernova...Godspeed pilots!

I seem to note that "Command" is the guy you see when you run your mouse over Options in the Aquitaine Main Menu. By the time of the supernova, the Aquitaine was ALREADY in Vega (, a [long x 21 126] time ago).

I think we can interpret this to mean that the most important personnel were evacuated first, followed by the civilians. This is SO contradictory to "evacuate all non-essential personnel first", which was what happened in The Sixth Wonder, Argonautica and Dunkerque.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

I never assumed the guy in the menu screen was terran command...it could of been just another african guy.

and do you expect :v: to change the title screen for every mission? that seems like a superficial change to me
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I never assumed the guy in the menu screen was terran command...it could of been just another african guy.

and do you expect :v: to change the title screen for every mission? that seems like a superficial change to me

Eh? No no no, I don't mean that. Of course it would be redundant to change the menu for every mission. I'm just implying that Command already left Capella before the civilians did.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
How about revision?

The guy who is also referred to as "command" in game even though he's just a relay officer: Capella has gone supernova...Godspeed pilots!

Damn pick apart everything. Command is in every system from what everybody can tell. Otherwise you don't get orders. No one knows who that guy is, except that he relays orders from officers to you in the least. You might as well call him command because every other pilot in the game who has a problem says "command, try not shooting those beams in our way". Remind you of the mission with the actium and the lysander? That guy actively gets called command every single time. He's just a relay officer, i'm pretty sure when pilots have a problem and blast out for commands help and decisions they'll probably get some other old relay officer or whatever that guy is who relays the orders and mission peramaters to pilots from command.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Command was apparently on 3rd Fleet HQ in Dunkerque.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I seem to note that "Command" is the guy you see when you run your mouse over Options in the Aquitaine Main Menu. By the time of the supernova, the Aquitaine was ALREADY in Vega (, a [long x 21 126] time ago).

I think we can interpret this to mean that the most important personnel were evacuated first, followed by the civilians. This is SO contradictory to "evacuate all non-essential personnel first", which was what happened in The Sixth Wonder, Argonautica and Dunkerque.

It's a decision that makes sense. The GTVA didn't know what was happening with Capella, though they probably had a damn bad feeling which is why they were doing the evacuation with such haste. In the event that any ships got through the blockade, they could save more lives by preventing destruction in other systems and coming up with good plans, rather than having a motley collection of ships and vast gaps in the chain of command.
-C

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

It's a decision that makes sense. The GTVA didn't know what was happening with Capella, though they probably had a damn bad feeling which is why they were doing the evacuation with such haste. In the event that any ships got through the blockade, they could save more lives by preventing destruction in other systems and coming up with good plans, rather than having a motley collection of ships and vast gaps in the chain of command.
Hmm...that does make sense now. If there were gaps in Command, then the result would make the situation in Derelict look more like vandalised toilet paper.
My blog

MP-Ryan