Poll

What is your favourite capital ship in Freespace 2 (try to pick Shivan and Terran)

Sathanas
Lucifer (Not in the game I know, but it can be placed in FRED)
Orion
Colossus
Leviathan
Ravana
Demon
Rakshasa
Sobek
Hatsheput
Iceni
Cain
Lilith (practically same as cain but oh well)
Hippocrates
Arcadia (more of a base really but still It's a significant installation)
Deimos
Aeolous

Author Topic: Favourite Cap ship  (Read 46238 times)

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well its tough to say what the favorite cap ship is since i have so many. Orion,Hecate, Iceni, Hatshepsut, Sobek Deimos Ravana They all have theyr goodpoints and theyr badpoints. The Demon i dont like since well lets just say that ships is like an Orion with its beams on steroids or something.

An ideal warship would be an Orion or Iceni with shivan beams....!

The Orion is the Beste representative of terran might and glory. That ship gives you goosebumps when you see it.   

The Hecate looks kinda more powerfull and awesome but its weaponty sucks big time.

The Iceni well now the Iceni is the Iceni super fast super strong hull and an awesome can of woopass . But it really needs shivan beam cannons or faster firing beam cannons  by at least 50% in order to be truely deadly.

The Hattie well cool ship i like it but somehow doesnt really inpire fear to me not ion the way the Orion does or the Deimos.

The Sobek that ship is sleek and deadly i mean its like a beutiful butterfly that say "Come on closer i wont bite " then gives you the hurt of your life.

The Ravana well the Ravana is the ravana come at it in anithing larger then a bommber from the front and you are toasted my fired. Come at it with anithing smaller then a cruiser from the flanks or the rear and you will win very hard(time wise)i mean that thing can be taken down by a cruiser from the flanks or the rear.

The deimos and the Aeolus are like "Oh man id rather be fighting shivans then those 2 beasts.

I mean the only real fault with the Deimos and the Aeolus are again they beam cannons that are much too weak. Other then that......well....they kick asss.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Aeolus and Diemos, the two " :eek2: Oh CRAP" ships of FS2

Haha, my thoughts (and votes) exactly

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
When AlphaOne wrote "beautiful butterfly" about the Sobek i read it and immediatly thought of Alien Resurrection and lolled. :lol:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
My favourite ships are (in order; since I only had two options, I chose the first two): Sathanas, Aeolus, Rakshasa, Iceni, Colossus, Ravana, Lucifer, Sobek, Hatshepsut, Demon, Hecate, Moloch, Orion, Hades, Deimos, Leviathan, Mentu, Cain, Fenris, Lilith and Aten.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Back in the day the Fenris was a cool ship, the Orff especially. They wandered contested systems and projected power, defended cargo depots, took out assets... but beams made them decidedly uncool.

The Deimos corvette is just a nice ship; like a modern version of the Fenris. I want to go watch a BSG inspired movie about the crew of one.

The Orion is the coolest from a 2.1 kilometers of whoop ass point of view.

The Aeolus is pretty cool too. It's two puny beams make me sad though.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The ORION IS the PRIDE of the GTA ! And will forewer stand as a simbol of terran might and kindness.

Why kindness cuz when faced with an enemy he has but 2 choises he either surenders and lives his life in prison or He faces the Orion. I call that mercifull and simple. And since only and Idiot (or the shivans) would dare challenge the mighty Orion Most of the time the enemy surrenders or rather should surrender. The fact that the Orion makes the enemy face the 2 most simple and ONLY choices sparing him the anguish and torment of thinking too much well i call that mercifull.

I mean what if he gets a brain tumor or goes bananas fropm all the stres of tryng to figure out what to do? :P
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
:wtf:  That's not quite the kindest thing to do.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sure it is whats better for the enemy to go bananas from stres or to die/surrender depending on his convictions. I mean it simplifies the number of choices he has to consider .
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline blowfish

And how frequently will the enemy actually go bananas?

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well  when you have the mother of all terran warships guns glowing and ready to fire heading straight for you , you dont actualy have time to go bananas since you are either dead 5 seconds later or you surrender. As for gooing bananas an enemy that is hunted and put under cosntants preaure and stress will crack and go play ina sand box. It all depends. However the Orion can be used in a mission of mercy to help bring peace to the suffreing ...eternal peace that is.

Bu that the Orion bring to the battlefield and not just the battlefield is that sence of pride and safety. For a while at least. while it is reasuring to know the most powerfull GTVA wearships is parked outside your station you normaly get a bit scared when that ships doesnt seem to leave... ! As the famous quote says .

Hell the Orion doesnt even have to fire a single shot at the enemy or enter combat the fact that it is THE symbol of terran might and tech skill is enough to make most enemyes think twice before taking it on. Exept for the shivans and well the fanatics.

Also there is somethin sexi about that boxy looking 2 km long monster...dont ask me what i wasnt my idea  MY GF said that the boxy grey'sh/blue'ish looking thing is kinda sexy in a strange way.

So can we get any more females around these here places to veryfi this testament...??Frankly i believe my GF is gooing chuchu with this one but hey what do I know ...... So seriously any more females around here??? Even vasudan ones would do just fine.
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline blowfish

Even vasudan ones would do just fine.

:lol:  Do we have any canon evidence that Vasudans even have gender?

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
umm shhhhhh dont go there or you will get the most horrific and disturbing picture posted in here. I mean i had to go to caounceling for 2 weeks just to loose th fear of gooing near a terran woman . That thing was out of this world. I mean ive seen some pretty sick stuff but that just beats them all.

On the other hand ...reember the post with the mercy missions of the Orion? We can always have an Orion beamazoid the frack out of the author of that picture and the picture itself . I mean that would be mercifull woudnt it???
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline blowfish

I think I've seen that picture :shaking:

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I think I've seen that picture :shaking:
Thats why I see through my hands.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Funny, when I look at the Orion, I see an old ship ready to be mothballed as soon as a newer destroyer comes out.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pagan , you out to be burnt to the pole. Heretic :P Are we sure hjes not a shivan in dequise i mean he is G_D the infamous sistem where all the evil is seeded :P :))) I think he deserves to be forced to look at the THING.....for a few hours perhaps have a THING do belly dances for him??
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
ALL OF THEM, EXCEPT FOR THE VASUDAN ONES !

But if only two, then definetly the Orion and the Lucifer.

Offline Tantalus53

• That one guy with the thing
    • Steam
Ravana 'caus thats a fine lookin' ship, and no other destroyer beats out its forward firepower.

Orion, because its just awesome like that.. and ide rather have an Orion comeing in for backup than a Hecate.

Aeolus and Diemos, the two " :eek2: Oh CRAP" ships of FS2

Haha, my thoughts (and votes) exactly

Ditto, though the Orion is a close third...  :nod:
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
If this wasn't necessaraly canon, I would have chosen the GTD Titan ...