Poll

What is your favourite capital ship in Freespace 2 (try to pick Shivan and Terran)

Sathanas
Lucifer (Not in the game I know, but it can be placed in FRED)
Orion
Colossus
Leviathan
Ravana
Demon
Rakshasa
Sobek
Hatsheput
Iceni
Cain
Lilith (practically same as cain but oh well)
Hippocrates
Arcadia (more of a base really but still It's a significant installation)
Deimos
Aeolous

Author Topic: Favourite Cap ship  (Read 46018 times)

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Someone mark this in the callendar since im gonna do something i did not believe i would do and that is to partialy agree with him here. So.....ummm....(man this is hard) you are in part correct here and what you say actualy has some meaning to me.

Man im gooing to wash my mouth with soup now i can believe i just said that.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
So, what are your favorite cap ships? [/futile attempt to get back on topic]
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And that isn't meant as a personal insult to AlphaOne, it's just a good example of what I'm talking about.

Unfortunately it will probably be taken that way :rolleyes:

Oh come on now youre just mean now you meanie. I aint that stubborn or insulting unless i get really mad. which has only happened i think 2 or 3 times till now . So no it wont be taken up as an isult cuz i can just pick off what i like and dislike about his post :P
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Yeah, sorry about that.

Man im gooing to wash my mouth with soup now i can believe i just said that.

What kind of soup?

But come on dude youre not listening to what i say. I never said the laws of phisics shange or that they can be ignored at least not today with current tech means. But PERHAPS they have the tech that alows them real time comunication ever the distance of several thousand of lightyears.

There's a difference between breaking theoretical boundaries and breaking established rules. We know, that energy transfer is inefficient. That's a given.

You're talking about real-time communication, that's fine. We can assume this is achieved via Subspace . . . Freespace, unlike many other universes (ie Star Trek) actually has a possible solution to that BS. But circumventing the laws of physics in one universe by traversing to another doesn't change the laws in this universe.

Sobek and the Lilith  ;7

(which is how we got into this mess in the first)

These favourite ship threads crop up every week anyway, there's already a new one in this very forum! (minus a poll of course)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
But that one includes custom ships :P

Sobek and the Lilith  ;7

(which is how we got into this mess in the first)

Oh...
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Sobek and the Lilith  ;7

Me too, though I would probably change Sobek to Hatshepsut if I could.

I like the Hatshepsut.  It has a striking design that looks cool.  It is balanced between anti-cap and anti-figher weaponry, and it has lots of HP.  It does, however, suffer from slightly poor weapons placement with regard to its beams, as its it possible it could be defenseless against a small target (like a Lilith ;) ) on its broadside.

Me too, though I would probably change Sobek to Hatshepsut if I could.

I like the Hatshepsut.  It has a striking design that looks cool.  It is balanced between anti-cap and anti-figher weaponry, and it has lots of HP.  It does, however, suffer from slightly poor weapons placement with regard to its beams, as its it possible it could be defenseless against a small target (like a Lilith ;) ) on its broadside.

I never saw the Hatshepsut enough to fall in love with it.
        The Sobek on the other hand is far more common.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah but the Hattie kinda reminds me of the sobek . I mean the Hattie looks like a Sobek that has suffered some plastic surgery and has been pumped up on steroids.  But they still look really awesome.

for that Fact the Hecate is one of the coolest ships . I mean thst ship just speaks of power raw power (too bad it actualy has close to none ...LOL now that is a bit awkward) . The Orion Is well how shall i say this. You have the pride of the GTA pumped up with new tech and weapons . I mean that ship just says to you "i wanna beam your world "  ! Its cool and scarry. Sure its a lot more scary in FS1 withouth the shields but what the hell i always feel a lot safer around an Orion the Close to Hecate at least when im sure il encounter some capships . Hoever the Hecate doesnt make me feel as safe as the Sobek or the Deimos when it comes to protection from fighters.

Hey i cant remember the mission where you are actualy told to duck behind the Sobek . Man i saw numerous shivan Mara's beeing chewed up and spit out so fast i was glad they IFF's were working properly. :)))

Thos aaaf beams from the Sobk can realllly ruin your day.

also the Hattie well teh Hattie may not look as scary as the other warshisp or at least i never considered it as scary however it does have a more imposing look to it and a rather how shall i put this more majestic look to it. Its the kinda ship that says hey hey look at me see how sexi i am while she blasts away at you with her BVas.

The Aeolus....errr........man there is NO SHIP that makes me feel more unconfortable other then the Collie and the Sath.

first time i played the game and went up against the Aeolus i was like what the hell is that another lame ass cruiser not to worry il just hit the burners and unleash a powerfull voley at its aaaf beams and that will be the on of it. boy was i wrong. I still have nightmares. I was dead so fast i didnt even have time to realize what hit me.

That ship is a pilots worse nightmare even more so then the Deimos .
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )