Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3061755 times)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: W-H-I-Y-L It's over 1000!!!!! (pages)
i just bought one of these

3 axis accelerometer: ADXL345
3 axis gyro: L3G4200D
3 axis magnetometer: HMC5883L
pressure sensor: BMP085

they are all i2c sensors, with interrupt pins broken out. right now im only using the i2c pins. ive downloaded libraries for each chip but i will probibly write my own library that reads all the sensors. this module is nice because it handles logic level conversion for me, so i can just hook it straight up to my arduino (or my raspberry pi for that matter), as it will run at either 5v or 3.3v.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Just mistook a legitimate e-mail from my CS department's administration for a phishing attempt, to which I responded quite sarcastically.

Now I'm embarrassed.  :sigh:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
flat tire.  ****.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Steam
Going to be heading out in a while during a big move back to my hometown, not too excited about it.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
Exams start in two days.  :shaking:
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
flat tire.  ****.

You had a spare?  You may be able to repair the tire or have a shop repair it if it has enough tread left to be worth it.  I usually keep an air compressor, as well as a can of fix-a-flat tire sealant in my vehicles.   Note that cans don't work well when cold though.  You'd have to heat them up before use if they got cold in the trunk in the winter.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
they were low on tread anyway.  i was going to squeeze a month or two more out of them since they still pass inspection, but now it makes sense to just go ahead and get a new set.

that, and it looks like it was shot or something anyway.  :wtf:  puncture mark with a cracked X pattern going away from it on the sidewall.  luckily, my spare is a normal tire so i don't have to do it right away.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Mmm.  Keep in mind also that you can sometimes get tires with ~75% tread wear left for about half of brand new price.  I picket up 4 used tires for $200 like that, and new ones for my car are $400 at the cheapest place around here (Walmart auto center).  I got mine from Jerry Brown's Auto Parts; IIRC, they have an online store too, but shipping will chip into the savings (if they even ship those).  Find a reputable salvage lot in your area I guess, or perhaps eBay motors with a top-rated seller.  Or just go new, but jeez they're expensive nowadays.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
yeah the dealer wants $1000 for four installed.  identical tires at a tire chain are about $800 installed.  the cheapest i've seen is about $550 for 'economy' tires.  i'm not really comfortable with used tires, and i might get a bit of a rebate from my current ones because i don't think the mileage warranty has expired yet.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/sid_meiers_alpha_centauri at 2.39$ for the weekend! If only I were not already living on spaghetti! :(

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
yeah the dealer wants $1000 for four installed.  identical tires at a tire chain are about $800 installed.  the cheapest i've seen is about $550 for 'economy' tires.  i'm not really comfortable with used tires, and i might get a bit of a rebate from my current ones because i don't think the mileage warranty has expired yet.

What size?

EDIT: e.g., mine are P185/65R15   

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
p255/70r16

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/sid_meiers_alpha_centauri at 2.39$ for the weekend! If only I were not already living on spaghetti! :(

It's one meal. You'll live.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Aardwolf

Almost ready to hardware-accelerate my physoxen !!!!!!

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Finally got around to archive binging on Puella Magi Madoka Magica.  I have no words for just how excellent it is.  I suggest watching it alone though, unless you like your friends seeing you reduced to a sobbing ball.
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
p255/70r16

$520, free shipping, $100 rebate for four new Cooper tires of that size were the best I could find on eBay here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-255-70-16-COOPER-DISCOVERER-HTP-70R-R16-TIRES-/310488247541?_trksid=p1703086.m1253

Offline z64555

• Steam
p255/70r16

$520, free shipping, $100 rebate for four new Cooper tires of that size were the best I could find on eBay here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-255-70-16-COOPER-DISCOVERER-HTP-70R-R16-TIRES-/310488247541?_trksid=p1703086.m1253

Yeah, never buy anything from the dealer. Ever. Unless there's absolutely no other place where you can get a part or service for your vehicle.  :banghead:

Almost ready to hardware-accelerate my physoxen !!!!!!

And people said I liked BDSM...  :wtf:

(j/k)

and for my WHIYL post for today: Moved back into my hometown, and back in with my parents. (I don't like the idea either). I gotta get my finaces in a healthy shape before moving on...

it just seems that my past will not be evaded, so I gotta confront them before things stagnate any longer.

Cheerio!

chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Aardwolf

It's actually slower :( And that's without actually doing anything.

Well, I'm probably doing it horribly inefficiently. Australian doofus who doesn't like FS2 says it's OpenGL's fault, but I think he's just being a doofus.

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
I have just discovered FPSRussia

Offline z64555

• Steam
I have just discovered FPSRussia

Its... not that great.
chief1983

------------