Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3061810 times)

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Steam
Re: W-H-I-Y-L It's over 1000!!!!! (pages)
Found out that if you have limited space that won't fit a good desk, a 14" to 16" deep shelf at an appropriate height can work just as well for laptops (and at a low low price of about $20, excluding cost of tools). Just be sure that the edge you'll be resting your arms on is a nice round one, such as a 1/2" round bevel.

Desktop users can possibly also use this trick, if they have a slim monitor (such as an LCD) mounted on the wall directly in front of the keyboard.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline watsisname

Winter storm watch for DC upgraded to winter storm warning. 

In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
"No"

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Arrrrrrgh, but dude come on. Sure they're cheap rifles, but they're still historical. You gotta keep the wood, man.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
How many northeasters has it been now?

Offline deathfun

Arrrrrrgh, but dude come on. Sure they're cheap rifles, but they're still historical. You gotta keep the wood, man.

A fair point
Solved by getting both
"No"

A fair point
Solved by getting both

I have this image of you taking a 91/30 hunting and being all 'be vewy vewy quiet, i'm hunting wabbits' and then you take the safety off and a lion walks over and is like '*****. quit that ****ing noise.'

I am very drunk right now.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline deathfun

Hunting rabbits with 7.62mm bullets
It's not as overkill as using a 12 gauge slug, but it's still pretty up there
"No"

Offline Aardwolf

Annoyed at some moderator. Not sure which.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i finally found something to splurge/blow money on, and that is rocksmith DLC.  just spent $30, and that's only a pretty small piece of the current selection that i want to get eventually.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
Got the xbox version of Carrier Command yesterday. Besides a mildly annoying unit AI that needs you to hold its hand most times, and a movement system that seems to have never heard of the words 'Variable' and 'Stop', it's not terrible.
Worth £10, secondhand?...Eh it's a fair price , give or take a couple of quid.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Always had issues running Linux on HP laptops before, so I didn't even bother trying when I got this laptop a year ago.  Finally took the plunge last night and, well, no plunge needed.  Installed Ubuntu 12.10 using Wubi.  Took me three seconds to download Wubi and put in my desired username and password, then Wubi took care of the rest of the downloading and installing on its own while I was away at work.  When I got home I restarted into Ubuntu, and it runs beautifully.  Easiest OS install I've ever done.  Even easier than the initial set up (with Windows already installed) after I got the laptop.
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

Offline deathfun

Tried making the most benign and simple purchase with what was left on my prepaid credit card
There's trinkets on it. Literally, hardly anything noteworthy

And yet, now for some ungodly reason, I cannot for the life of me spend these trinkets on a Humble Bundle purchase because my prepaid has been canceled due to an error of TWO CENTS

TWO CENTS
TWO ****ING CENTS BECAUSE PAYPAL DOESN'T KNOW THE CURRENT CAD TO USD RATE. I CALCULATED IT SO 100% OF MY MONEY WOULD BE USED.
Now they're trying to get 1$ out of me but can't because the bank is all "nope"

This is why I like cash. You can never go wrong with cash

I also finished another review. That was fun
And a friend of mine is trying to get into the mobile gaming sector with this MMO idea of his. I'm helping him work out the kinks since his original approach was "CRAM ALL THE IDEAS!" and my response was "Simplicity myte. This just isn't doable"
Then again, none of it's doable because there's no one to code the thing
"No"

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Made some:

They were delicious... and smelly.
My shirt now smells of fried oil.
I also learned that the surgery to extract my wisdom teeth would cost ~1600$. Phuk.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
i love girls

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
damn straight

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Hunting rabbits with 7.62mm bullets
It's not as overkill as using a 12 gauge slug, but it's still pretty up there

I'm picturing the fluffy little bunnies in BC and thinking all that would be left would be two twitching ears and a tail.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Also, late to the firearms party, but I'd be surprised if your PAL takes that long to show up.  When I got mine I think it took maybe 3 or 4 weeks after I submitted the paperwork (and mine's for restricted and non).

If all you want is a target shooting rifle. buy something chambered for .22 or .22LR.  It's cheap, plentiful, and a minumum of hassle.  Also more than sufficient for small game.

Deer hunting, or anything larger, just buy a modern .308 and be done with it.  Don't buy a collector's item for hunting and target shooting, it will just annoy you and it's better sitting on a shelf than being used an abused anyway.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
TFW I've made posts I don't know about and regret. I also have a cold. :( Last night's party was okay though!