Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3061677 times)

Offline Aardwolf

Re: W-H-I-Y-L - Lorric/Retsof get Nuked!
Well that was a lame birthday. Got to bed at 5am the night before, woke up at 2:30pm, and now I've been up until 6am. Mostly just watched youtubes.

I didn't get what I wanted again.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Sleep ****ed up again, most marathon till 5 to 6 PM and fix it ASAP. Woddammit. 12 hours OROROROROROROR. I can feel the effects of tirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrred. Any tips to stey aweik?

Offline Luis Dias

never **** up with sleep time schedule. always works.

alternatively, bear with it. coffee only goes so far.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Go for a walk outside. Or play GtaV.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Steam
Sleep ****ed up again, most marathon till 5 to 6 PM and fix it ASAP. Woddammit. 12 hours OROROROROROROR. I can feel the effects of tirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrred. Any tips to stey aweik?

Not sure how your neurochemical system is set up, but for me I usually do this:

• Engage in a physical activity that doesn't require much thought.  This'll allow parts of your brain to rest a bit while your lesser processors deal with the motions of the activity
  • Since your goal is reset your sleep schedule, caffeine consumption is not recommended. However, if you've  had a large dose of it (such as from an energy drink or a copious amount of coffee) within the past few days then you'll need to ease yourself down to a manageable intake so as to reduce the caffeine headache.
  • Drink lots of water, and cleansing type drinks such as green tea. This'll help flush out the system as well as help keep you awake (can't hardly go to sleep when you're on the verge of pissing your pants every hour).
  • Eat a "fourth meal," preferably a breakfast-like meal at roughly 4 to 6 hours since your last meal. Don't eat too much, though, or your thyroid will choke and encourage you to go to sleep

Hope that helps. I pretty much have to go through this _every_ week because I simply can't get anything done at home during normal hours. Graveyard sucks balls. Especially when you only have dialup.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I can verify what z64 said.  Also maybe try taking about 10-15mg of melatonin supplements (sleep hormone normally produced by the human body in the evening) 30-60 minutes before you need to go to sleep (and turn off the tv, computer, and other lights).
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
All good advice. The key to getting tired is fixing when you wake up - try to wake up at the same time every day even if you've only had an hour of sleep. This will reset your cycle.

Quit caffeine if you drink it. Quit as much sugar as you can.

I am not even sure I have been as far as the what space?  :nervous:

Having spent some time blundering around algebraic topology I can tell you that this is a fairly mild example of dimensional wat.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
I'm not sure why Canada is signified as carrying a bloody bat?

Depending on the author of the cartoon, it may be an inane reference to the seal hunt on the East coast, which is about as representative of Canada as a whole as deer hunters in Texas represent the entire USA.
*SNIP*

Nuke, just so you know. If ever I win the lottery, I'm buying you the Elephant Gun from the "Tremors" movie to go hunting with.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I think he wants to eat the deer not paint the landscape with it. :P
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
got some superglue on my glasses lens.  i can't get it off.  i'm afraid to use actual super glue remover/acetone because it will probably **** up the lens also.  rubbing alcohol and overnight soak in soapy water unsuccessful.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Simple Green.  Let soak for a few hours, and then try to find a non-glass non-metal edge to chip it off.  Simple Green is safe to use with most plastics, and makes the super glue bonding agent more brittle.  It'll take some care and effort, but you should be able to get it off.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
on a different note, what i learned at work tonight is that the average non-nuc sailor is mildly retarded, and you can verbally pistol whip the armed security force by dropping the word "reactor" and watch them slink off to find someone senior to tell them what to do.  and that can run all the way up the chain to the command duty officer.

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
got some superglue on my glasses lens.  i can't get it off.  i'm afraid to use actual super glue remover/acetone because it will probably **** up the lens also.  rubbing alcohol and overnight soak in soapy water unsuccessful.
Plastic lenses or glass?  Pretty sure acetone doesn't bother glass.

on a different note, what i learned at work tonight is that the average non-nuc sailor is mildly retarded, and you can verbally pistol whip the armed security force by dropping the word "reactor" and watch them slink off to find someone senior to tell them what to do.  and that can run all the way up the chain to the command duty officer.
On an (actually) unrelated note, I decided not to join.  Partly because of the high blood pressure thing and partly because I realized I probably wouldn't be able to stop myself from arguing with my RDC during Basic or my commanding officer after Basic.  I don't take orders well.  I'll probably take some online classes over the next few months instead, then maybe find some scholarships, loans, and other financial aid to finish a degree.
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
from what i've seen, discipline in the navy at least isn't at all like the common conception of the military.  sure there's the occasional old salty hard-ass chief/career officer and the guys with eagles on their shoulders often think of themselves as god, but there is a LOT of backsass, borderline insubordination, and general *****ing.  whining, *****ing and complaining pretty much makes up the majority of what comes out of sailors' mouths.  almost everyone is just in for their 6 and then they're gone, so no one gives a flying **** about their jobs. 

but then this is reactor department, topside is probably much different.  their jobs don't suck anywhere near as hard, so they stick around longer and an anchor means WAY more to them.  it was kind of funny seeing the difference in interaction between a nuke and non-nuke junior enlisted with the same exact (nuke) chief.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
British army's the same. (aside from the anchors and eagles) but the fact is, once training (basic/boot) finishes, the bull**** stops too. Being an EOD REST helps.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Aardwolf

Huh. 6:50 am tonight. That's worse than 6am last night.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me

nothing you cant fix with amphetamines. **** sleep.

I think he wants to eat the deer not paint the landscape with it. :P

a weapon like that just aim it in the general direction of the buck, and it will kill anything in a 50 foot radius. im going to turn most of it into burger anyway.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 05:54:46 am by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline LHN91

Girlfriend's sister and her husband split, and he took the TV and PS3 with him. They've got two young boys (7 and 5) who will be staying with her who both liked playing games together, and who haven't been able to since. She really doesn't have the money to replace them right now.

So I'm donating my spare (salvaged) TV and my old PS2 to them, and will likely be putting together some old computer parts so they have something to use for Netflix and the like.

Offline Aardwolf

Doofuslady tried to change the damn appointment from 1pm at home to 2pm somewhere else. Tells me I should've seen the email last night. Well, it turns out the email said "1pm at home". **** you, doofuslady.