Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3061786 times)

Online Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: W-H-I-Y-L - Asante Sana Squash Banana.
My father has pancreatic cancer and minimal chances of survival, in the past two weeks he's become invalid and the situation's getting worse every day. We managed to get a wheelchair earlier today, he's going to need it soon. I guess I had to share this with the rest of the community.  :sigh:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Lorric

I'm sorry to hear that Mobius.

If you've anything you want to say to him, don't leave it unsaid. You can make it clear you're just making sure it gets said rather than looking like you're giving up on him if you're worried about it looking like that.

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Thank you for the concern, Mongoose and That Man. Dad's home now. They're taking him off of lisinopril, but his kidneys should repair themselves.

Mobius: I'd wish you and your father the same luck we had, but I doubt it would do much good. His situation sounds rather more dire than my dad's was. Spend as much time as you can with him while you still can, let him know you care.
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
woohoo, called off work!  I love snow in the south.  Everyone panics, it's great.  Almost makes up for having to work the weekend. 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
The cold I caught for Valentines day is subsiding. Woohoo, it only costed me one of the mythical 3-day weekends to heal. :doubt:

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Cooking for the company chili cookoff Thursday.  Everything is in the hands of the Staub Dutch Oven now.  After spending all night rendering chuck roast, onions, garlic and Jalapenos in bacon fat, mortar and pestleing my own chili pods and cumin if this sucks I'll be one sad panda.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
Beans or no?
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
No beans, bacon and chuck roast though :D 

Another half hour in the dutch oven then add some masa harina and bring up medium for 10 minutes.  Then its judgement time. 

I will say everything smelled amazing before the top went on.  The recipe called for 7 cups of water though which seemed weird, I assume it thickens during the cook and the masa harina gets it the rest of the way.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Mmmm.  Where is this company chili cookoff, so we know where to attend?

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
It's always better to err on the side of caution of using a bit less, but making sure to check the water level and top it off.  Getting rid of excess water is an exercise in frustration and compromise and often involves throwing away flavor if it's more than just slightly too soupy.

It will thicken a bit with the masa, of course (has to boil at least a bit to activate the starches that thicken it up).

Mmmm.  Where is this company chili cookoff, so we know where to attend?
Same here, though it's for more research reasons.  I hear of a number of chili cookoffs where beans are seen as total heresy (ie. disqualification), but EVERYONE I know around here (Arizona) puts beans in them, and so do some from other states thus leaving me eternally confused (I figure it's like BBQ, everywhere you go, the way they do it everywhere else is WRONG)
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Well it sat overnight in the Staub, I made myself a bowl when I got home from work while the rest went in the crock pot for transport tomorrow.  I think it came out pretty good, all that work toasting and grinding cumin seeds and chili pods was worth it.  Course the house smells like caramelized onions and bacon.

The recipe I chose was a non bean make but we get all kinds as far as competition.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Fiancé went to watch Fifty Shades of sh** with her girls from work last night. Didn't come home wanting any.

I will be writing a stern email to the producer shortly. ..

Edit- to clarify, she did come home though.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5gGdU5jQcM Did the Nazis develop time travel?

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
No.
I like to stare at the sun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5gGdU5jQcM Did the Nazis develop time travel?

Gee, that pencil of doom sounded awfully familiar. Almost like they took it from a video game or something.

http://news.yahoo.com/parks-recreation-exec-producer-harris-wittels-found-dead-050017639.html

Harris Wittels, actually really funny guy, and executive producer of Parks and Recreation, is dead. Can't think of anything else to say.

Online Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
My father has pancreatic cancer and minimal chances of survival, in the past two weeks he's become invalid and the situation's getting worse every day. We managed to get a wheelchair earlier today, he's going to need it soon. I guess I had to share this with the rest of the community.  :sigh:

He passed at 4am today, local time.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Very sorry to hear that. :(  My prayers are with you and your family.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies

Condolences sir
"No"

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2

My sympathy, Mobius. I'll be praying for everyone involved.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance