Author Topic: The official Diaspora eyecandy thread  (Read 390237 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: The official Diaspora eyecandy thread
am i the only one that prefere inhouse ships? the background of the battle too is better than the old one... and i really love mkVII E

Which MK VIIe? The Diaspora MK VIIe is our own design and isn't something seen in the show.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
the viper mk vII-e i knew that was the modified viper seen in inhouse cgi (see maelstrom episode)...
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline newman

AFAIK that's not the VII-E, it's a retconed normal mkVII
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
There's no two-seat Vipers in the new BSG as far as I know, so it's definately not a strike fighter variant. I'd say Mk.VI or Mk.VIII would be a possible title for the retconned "advanced" Viper.

I'd still like to see bombs on a Viper, though...  :nervous:
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline newman

I'd say Mk.VI or Mk.VIII would be a possible title for the retconned "advanced" Viper.

It's just not different enough to call it that. It's simply a retcon, one among the many inhouse did.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Well, from some images in-series, I'd assume the Viper Mk.III wasn't that much different from the Mk.II. The cockpit diagram presented to the trainee pilots was that of the Mk.III cockpit, after all.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline newman

Huh? Nothing regarding the viper mk3 was ever seen in the show.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
First or second season I think: you never actually see the Mk.III's hull, but you see the cockpit diagram. This is when Thrace is training the new pilots. Also, it's been a pretty long time since I've seen the series. I could be remembering something improperly... But I don't think so.

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke

Offline newman

I distinctly remember Starbuck showing them the Viper mk2 and saying that they've never flown anything like it "...so don't think you have". All the trainees were trained on the mk2's, showing them diagrams of a mk3 cockpit would be silly in two ways: 1) why show people the cockpit of a fighter version they'll never fly, since they're trained on the mk2's, and 2) showing a mk3 cockpit would mean they have to make the mk3 cockpit first. Just for that? What's the point, when they never show the mk3 viper and already have the mk2 ready?
Pretty sure you remembered it wrong. Nothing regarding the mk3 was ever seen in the show.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
First or second season I think: you never actually see the Mk.III's hull, but you see the cockpit diagram. This is when Thrace is training the new pilots. Also, it's been a pretty long time since I've seen the series. I could be remembering something improperly... But I don't think so.

That was the Mark II.

The only Vipers ever mentioned or seen in the show were the Mark II and the Mark VII.

Offline Snagger

am i the only one that prefere inhouse ships? the background of the battle too is better than the old one... and i really love mkVII E
Yes, you are the only one.  All of the retcons were awful, be they Vipers, Centurions, Raiders or Basestars.  The in-house team had terrible taste and there was no reason to screw up what were wonderful designs.

Offline newman

All of the retcons were awful, be they Vipers, Centurions, Raiders or Basestars.  The in-house team had terrible taste and there was no reason to screw up what were wonderful designs.

Whoever doesn't share that opinion is wrong. Plain and simple :P

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
as you wish...  :confused:
@karajorma: take a look at this one: http://www.timeslipcreations.com/Catalog_Sci-Fi_Ships_001.html
...that's why i believed the viper mk VII-E was the inhouse version.  :).
any pics of your new viper?  :)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 02:49:47 pm by torc »
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
as you wish...  :confused:
@karajorma: take a look at this one: http://www.timeslipcreations.com/Catalog_Sci-Fi_Ships_001.html
...that's why i believed the viper mk VII-E was the inhouse version.  :).
any pics of your new viper?  :)

That's the Viper MkVII design we saw in the show, no clue why the people on that site assume it's a MkVIIE.
Either they used real military Planes as example for that naming, or they are BtrL fans, 'cause the MKVIIE is a older design by Starslayer, which was introduced years back on GW, Starslayers MkVII is a 2 seater/ Bomber, though.

He should sue them for stealing tha names. :P

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
maybe another little video trailer of the theseus or basestar or viper (or whatever you want  :p ) must be great for our hearts   ;)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Funny you should say that. I was planning to upload some pics I took earlier this week anyway.

Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Fish

• Nugget
Ohh, that's pretty :)
<><

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
How do you expect me to blow stuff up when all I want to do is sit there and look at the pretty ships.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It's the skyboxes that get me. Lord.

Offline Master_Drow

• Theseus CIC officer.
well it looks like im going to have to upgrade my cpu, gpu, ram, graphics card, and just about anything else on my comp just to start this game.

But you know what it will TOTALLY be worth it. :D