Author Topic: The official Diaspora eyecandy thread  (Read 390211 times)

Offline newman

Re: The official Diaspora eyecandy thread
In an alternate reality, sure. In this one you haven't had anything to do with any of the missiles above :P
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Oi, one of those was done in max :P
Yes, but the cool render is from LW :P

Offline newman

And that LW was run on windows. So really, all credit for most of Diaspora work should go to Bill :D
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
I'd rather take the said credit thank you very much.

Though you did help a bit.

Combination of knowing what you are doing in both Photoshop and Lightwave. There's really no special trick :)

That's amazing ;D
I so can't wait for all this to be release.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Just remember you 2 they are nothing but eye candy sitting on a shelf without us converters and tablers :P
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline newman

Though you did help a bit.

You'd better be talking about the missiles. Or I'll have my ships nuke you :P

Just remember you 2 they are nothing but eye candy sitting on a shelf without us converters and tablers :P

Wait, I thought this game was cf's and my own personal portfolio, with the rest of the stuff being just a necessary evil?

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
It's been too long without pics.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
If I may make a request, can we see a shot of how the Viper cockpits are coming along?

;7
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Fish

• Nugget
Those missile trails are great!
<><

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
There's something funny about that orange-ish explotion on the first and second shots, I recon it should look better as an animation right?

btw, loving the planet background :yes:
el hombre vicio...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

skybox power

skybox power

Those Skyboxs are the biggest tease. It makes me really wish I could fly there :P

Oooo nice :)
Lots of rockets,
Is that the destruction of the colonies? There are lights on the nice planet.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Take a look at the WIP Diaspora Gallery! :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
That looks really nice.

BTW, have you Diaspora guys managed to get Hobbes on the line for that Demosthenes ship of his for use in Diaspora yet?
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline newman

There's been a lot of questions about the mark 7 cockpit progress, and finally we're at a point where we can show something. The original model was done by Nighteyes, we set a polycount and he did the model very well inside those limits. However, when we were looking at that 8k model we decided that it needs a more flexible poly limit - the reasoning behind this was that firstly, there can only ever be one of these rendered in a mission at any given point, and secondly, unlike ships you will always see it from a very close range. Since this is the mk7 cockpit, it will definitely be one of the things the player will be staring a lot at, so we felt the need to make it look as detailed as possible; a few thousand tris more would make little difference in the long run. Unfortunately by that time Nighteyes was too busy to continue working on it so I took over and did the upgrades - modeling credits go to Nighteyes with some modifications by me. I also fully unwrapped it and it's ready for texturing, which I plan to have done as soon as possible.
In the mean time, enjoy this quick render of the finished mesh:

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
simply great!!!!!!!! is perfect!!!
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
This cockpit is so..... **** YEAH!
el hombre vicio...

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Thank you very kindly for posting this.  :D

Though we might be a ways off from producing cockpits for Stellar Assault, our current plan is to make fairly substantial use of normal maps in ours so as to keep the poly count down. Thus, we can have a very high poly model for generating the maps, and a lower poly in-game model which would ideally be indistinguishable from the complex version with the addition of the normal maps. Are you planning on taking such a course of action with your cockpits?
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke