Author Topic: The official Diaspora eyecandy thread  (Read 390196 times)

Re: The official Diaspora eyecandy thread
Took this shot from one of the quicktime VR videos they used to have on the sci fi website:

Doesn't look too ergonomic to me but it might be the throttle. This is the early version of the cockpit so they might have replaced it with something more sensible later - preferably something that can control power for each engine separately.
At any rate, I was never a fan of the thruster pedal theory. It's a fighter, not a damn car.
What happened to the keyboard for sending messages as seen during the recon of the res ship?

Offline Shade

That there's the Mk-II Viper. Starbuck flew the Blackbird when she reconned the Resurrection Ship. So, it's in a different cockpit.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Thx m8.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
yeah, the MkII has a jog dial for letter input.  :P

Offline Nighteyes

Just noticed most of the screenshots here are very outdated, so here are some new ones:

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
OH MY GOD..... OUTSTANDING GUYS....mk VII is incredible!!!! :pimp: :yes: :yes: :yes:
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline Satellight

• Star Dreamer
Well-detailled.
Shiny.
Explosive.

First words coming to my mind. I like you guys  :yes:

And when I will PLAY Diaspora, I will LOVE you
Never far away from HLP and from a computer with an installed FreeSpace.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Die you frakking Cylon!
el hombre vicio...

Offline peterv

FINISH DIASPORA AND JOIN FSU ASAP.  :hopping:

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
iìve noticed there's no shadows...is the engine able to handle them?
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
There are sadly no shadows currently in the source code.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline newman

Which is why we bake them into the textures where appropriate. Dynamic shadows.. not so much.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
thanks for the info  :) after what i've seen you did with p.processing i think shadows is the only thing to add... all the work of this community is frackin' awesome  ;)

Offline Snagger

Those shots are absolutely stunning.  With the grainy effect added as was done on some previous shots, it'd look like a show screen-shot.  This outclasses almost every game I have ever seen - your talents are astonishing.

There - an on-topic post! :ick:

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Working on some new full nebula graphics. Not happy with them yet and I'll probably rework them a bit at some point.

Offline Deckard

• DECK-A-R&D
Yay! =).
-------------------------------
Deckard a.k.a The Silencer

Offline Master_Drow

• Theseus CIC officer.
If shadows are not able to be done for the cockpit, I wonder if it would be possible to turn down the light level. As of right now it would feel like flying a hospital room, all white a sterile. Not really white here, but it feels like it lacks emotion, that it is just plain, and with it taking up so much screen space I feel that it might detract from the sheer awe that the game is going for. Just my opinion anyway.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
That nebula looks ominous...
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
While I actually agree that the cockpit textures could be a touch darker, we are already running into issues with compression artifacts. The darker your texture is, the more you see of those ugly artifacts. Now, we might consider using png instead of dds just this once but we are already kinda pushing the limits when it comes to performance and have to be really careful. Something to consider though.

Offline csm101

guys

i am a official die hard fan of galactica. i have followed you guys since the start of this  (and the other project) we wont mention!!  let me just say that the way this is turning out - you guys could earn a lot of doh outta this as all i can say is id buy it the way it looks just now - never mind when finished.  well done the lot of ya and if you need testers on beta  im your man  he he!   well done again

we are all behind you
so say we all