Author Topic: The official Diaspora eyecandy thread  (Read 390214 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: The official Diaspora eyecandy thread
Hi,

That last R1 screen shot shows a MKII!  Was that snuck in there someplace for custom missions?

Thanks

That was a rendered cutscene. The MK II isn't in R1. I assure that if it was, someone would have spotted it by now. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

quick question, what is the control called in the options that allows free camera movement inside the cockpit like in this trailer, or otherwise how do I do it?  http://youtu.be/J8YjXIPwmW4

Offline Swifty

• I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
You need a TrackIR device. If you want to look at your current target, you can use Target Padlock View which is Shift+Alt+D

Offline Parias

You need a TrackIR device. If you want to look at your current target, you can use Target Padlock View which is Shift+Alt+D

Can't you also hold down... what was it, Numpad 0 and move your joystick to get this?

Offline Swifty

• I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
It doesn't work in the build we're using. It was taken out when I implemented TrackIR. It may return once that code gets sorted out.

Hi,

That last R1 screen shot shows a MKII!  Was that snuck in there someplace for custom missions?

Thanks

That was a rendered cutscene. The MK II isn't in R1. I assure that if it was, someone would have spotted it by now. :)

Yea I knew I hadn't seen it any place.  And it totally makes sense why there would be no MKII's in R1.  Why would a semi-modern Battlestar have access to 40 year old fighters unless it was a flying museum?  Still, I too can't wait to see that MKII cockpit and fly one, 40 year old viper or no.  What would be really cool at some point down the road, to be able to use assets from the first Cylon war and recreate those scenes from Razor.  Where we've got the old style baseships and raiders and MKII's are shiny and new.  As well as the Columbia class with fully operational flight pods.

I'm sure that's already been brought up by someone before though.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That's all planned.

Hell, the team are eager to do the 1st CW. We don't have our hands tied there by the CNP so we can do a lot more.

That's awesome news. :D

If "Blood and Chrome" doesn't make it to air, than the fan base can make it ourselves!

There is just enough in that leaked teaser from the beginning of the year to add in some extra fun stuff (the war-era raptors, with their crazy square engines, the aviation grey Viper IIs, a smaller Colonial warship that kind of reminds me of the Bolitho frigate, and a new basestar that's just a TOS Basestar with a Razor Basestar embedded into it), even if they never air the damn thing. Which is endlessly frustrating to me, since from all accounts, it's totally finished (Drexler said the effects were done at the beginning of the year, and Bear confirmed he recorded the score, and music is pretty near the end of the production process).

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
As kara said, we all have big plans for the first war, but we need people to make those art assets. *hint hint*
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline newman

We're not doing that bad now with a few new artists, but we always focus on the next release. So 1CW assets are planned after other priorities are done.
Of course, more hands would help us get there sooner :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Revan

• Sith Master
We won't be able to fly the MkII until we meet up with the Galactica.
Are there any Plans for the other Viper Types? MK III to VI?

Offline newman

There are lots of plans, but we do need to keep some cards close to our chest - otherwise it'll be tough to surprise anyone with anything. I'll just point out that the assumption there won't be a Mk.II in the game until we release the Galactica campaign could be quite wrong :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I was curuious if the MKII rendered scene in R1 is using the MKII model that will be available at some point?  That was a very nice touch by the way.  Awesome tie in.

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
I don't know how many of BSG folks follow the rest of HLP here, and there has been little activity here for quite some time, so take a look at this[clicking on the image will take you to the whole thread]:
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Hi all,
Here are some of my screenshots of diaspora!
One is edited a little bit in photoshop.

Fall of men:

The static camera after you die, can give a nice view of the developing battle sometimes :P

Dogfight of my 5th Asheron mission.

And some of the survivors (starting to jump away).

« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:48:05 am by kedrednael »

In the eyecandy thread, I noticed the Viper MkII.....is it possible this is available for the game?  I only have the Raptor and MkVII....please advise

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
It isn't in the game yet because it lacks a cockpit at the moment. We plan to give it one and release it but other things are higher priority (or much easier). The problem with the MK II is that it has a completely different cockpit to the MK VII or Raptor cockpits we already have. Unlike the MK VIIe or Stealthstar.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
The PBR capability has long been added to FSOpen, and why aren't guys showing Diaspora in full PBR and HDR? Are any of the models PBR-ready?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...