Author Topic: Fallout 3  (Read 40772 times)

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I've only seen two, the standard one and the Chinese one. The Chinese one has much better damage stats and uses the same ammo. I never bothered using the other one.

It's funny how easy it is to steal stuff in this game. If you duck, nobody will notice you most of the time, especially if you don't have a direct line of sight to them. I must have stolen a couple hundred items on Rivet City. I picked off all the guns in the gun store there for example, with the owner practically facing me the whole time. :D

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
There's this one called
Spoiler:
Lincoln's Repeater
look it up.

That's not an assault rifle.  It's a damn nice weapon though.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
I like the Xuanlong assault rifle.  Does about 50 damage with my small guns at 70 or so
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 10:11:20 am by phreak »
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
But he [stormkeeper] was asking for a hunting rifle-ish weapon.  I see, whoops.

@phreak:  Dang!  I have a chinese assault rifle and it only does 53 for me and I have 100 small guns.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
The damage rating also depends on the weapon's condition.

I found the Xuanlong one a few days ago too. The damage is a little higher, 64 at perfect condition, but the main advantage is the 50% larger clip. The normal one runs through its clip very fast.

Does anyone actually use an assault rifle as something other then a "I'm not using my good stuff against these apes" weapon?

If so, why?

At any rate, the Lincoln is a great weapon, but I tend towards ol painless myself - much easier to obtain.

Does anyone actually use an assault rifle as something other then a "I'm not using my good stuff against these apes" weapon?

If so, why?
I cause good damage with the assault rifle with nearly a 100% hit rate. That, and ammo is plentiful for it. It's not quite as effective as the combat shotgun but it does the job, especially at medium ranges.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I still prefer the hunting rifle... barring that, the ...

Spoiler:
Wazer Wifle.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
I really wish that...

Spoiler:
Colonel Autumn's Laser Pistol could be had at an earlier point in the game...and that it could be repaired with other laser pistols. Such an awesome weapon...

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
"If Three Dog were here he'd say something, but he's not, cause somebody killed him!"

:lol:
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Wut. You killed Three Dog?

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
Wut. You killed Three Dog?

More or less basically, sleep killed him and fried him with a flamethrower. :p
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
.... Evil.

I found a T-51b. Or something like that. I penetrated Fort Constatine. I just need to get power armour training.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
You get that by going through the storyline until
Spoiler:
You help Dr. Li (Lee?) get out of the Jefferson Memorial and to the citadel through the sewer route once the enclave shows up.
Then just talk to the elder and find the gunny.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Yea, I just got it.

Spoiler:
But it seems pretty near the end; going after the G.E.C.K. Does that thing actually work, though?

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
you can also get power armor training by completing the Operation Anchorage DLC
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Mine's PC, so I dunno if I have to fork out more for that. Or if I can even get that.

Offline Demitri

Anyone know of/use any decent fallout 3 mods?
"Brothers and sisters are natural enemies!
Like Englishmen and Scots!
Or Welshmen and Scots!
Or Japanese and Scots!
Or Scots and other Scots!
Damn Scots! They ruined Scotland!" - Groundskeeper Willie

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
The Darnified UI mod is good and lets you see a lot more things at once in the pip-boy. Apart from that, I have used various console commands to increase my weight limit and give certain NPCs more caps, so I can keep selling to them. You normally have to make more frequent trips to sell and waste a lot of time looking for buyers with enough money.

There are also several high resolution texture packs which look outstanding and don't affect performance much, but were somehow making the game unstable for me, so I'm not currently using them.