Inferno
9 (15%)
Stiletto
4 (6.7%)
Other
5 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: March 13, 2002, 11:20:06 am

Author Topic: Weapons that shouldn't have made it to combat  (Read 10497 times)

Offline Joey_21

• http://denebsystem.cjb.net/
Weapons that shouldn't have made it to combat
Other:

After the Tornadoes were introduced the Hornets were pretty much useless. ;)

Offline Anaz

joey...someone vote bumped this...look at the post dates...just let it die back into obscurity...
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline SKYNET-011

• O_o
Oops, Heh. :D
Petrach and a few other escaped in a pod but were covered in watermelon juice....it was horrible :eek2: :shaking: -dan87uk

OMFGWTFAOLBBQBATMAN!!!!!11114111-MicroPsycho

Offline diamondgeezer

Originally posted by Joey_21
After the Tornadoes were introduced the Hornets were pretty much useless. ;)

Not necessarily - you get more Hornets for your money then Tornados. Might be a factor for the pilot with a lot of killing to do...

You know, the admins really ought to fix this vote-bump thing...

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
*Scolds diamondgeezer for insulting the Klobb*

:p :p :p
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Originally posted by diamondgeezer

Not necessarily - you get more Hornets for your money then Tornados. Might be a factor for the pilot with a lot of killing to do...

You know, the admins really ought to fix this vote-bump thing...

The problem is the Hornets take to long to launch. With the Hornet it takes 2 seconds for all the missiles get out of the rack, or whatever holds the missiles, and then it takes time for the missiles to chase the target. With the tornado they all launch at once and bam! there chasing the ship.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline diamondgeezer

Fair enough, but you still get more of them. Some people might like that.

And the Klobb is without doubt the Worst Gun Ever™. I remember Rare making an explicit promise not to include it in Perfect Dark :nod:

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Yes, but it made one of the coolest sounds and was great as a Jerk off gun.. you know multiplayer, messing around, storming hallways spraying bullets everywhere.

Was the closest you could get to private ryan at the time (with two Klobbs) :D

I must admit though, the RCP-90 owns j00 :thepimp:

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline diamondgeezer

Remember at the end of the Caverns when you could get two AR33 rifles? Much death was dispensed with those babies :nod:

Or when you kill Xenia, and steal her RCP-90/Grenade Launcher combo :D

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Yeah that was awesome :D

*Remembers RCP-90 on train. Shooting people through the doors while they were on toilet = teh cool ;7 *

*also remembers insanely pissing off remaining friends when racing to pick oddjob, then beatign them to the nearest RCP in multiplay and killing htme while they are still unarmed*

:devil:

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline diamondgeezer

Heh... I remember Elvis being described as Perfect Dark's "new Oddjob, for the scum of the Universe" :D

Janus Marine was my dude of choice. We actually ran some tests one time, and found that Janus Marine and the Helicopter Pilot were faster than any other character. Strange, but true.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
Nuh uh? hmmm

Always got Oddjob :) I was cheap, If they beat me to it, I went back to select screen. They said boris was shorter than the others by a little bit too.

Elvis was shorter, but is head is practical half his body and its hard not to kill the bugger in 2 or 3 shots.. really easy if you have am RCP-120 or Mayan Machine Gun

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline diamondgeezer

My favourite way of playing PD multiplayer against bots was to use eight mayans on the lowest AI setting, and hunt them :nod:

Two people could rack up 50 kills in about a minute :D

And me and me brother liked to square off against a pair of Dark sims with Myamoto's face... they usualy beat us :)

Hey - did you ever find all the cheese?

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
I only found most of them via Guide book. Few levels didn't have them, forget which though. I think Extraction was one. Perhaps the last one too. I never got the bonus levels past the skedar one either :(

I used to play multiplayer for hours though.. Lobsterclaw would come over and spend the night.. we'd play till 4 - 5 , go to bed, wake up at 10 - 12 and play for another 3 hours :D

i think I got my ranking to level 7 and accuracy to %35 - %50 more than a Million rounds fired off or something around there :D

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline silverwolf

• whoa...he still pops in
in fs2 i found the ultimate should have been left on the drawing boards in fs2 i give you:
a.laser turrent (come on those died with fs1)
b. flak cannons(eh all they do is annoy fighters not kill them)

so there are my most usless weapons just don't kill me because they are not player weapons.

Offline diamondgeezer

So the Sathanas' heavy flak guns never got you when you were taking out its beams, eh?

Thing about flak is that whilst it may start out as just annoying, if you linger in range of it or you get a determined fighter on your tail whilst the flak pummels your shields, it becomes a major problem very fast. Once your shields are gone, your hull just gets shredded. And of course, you can't dodge it or outrun it. Nasty buisness.

Offline Nuclear1

Flak is pretty good for killing anything that doesn't have GVC, GVD, GTC, GTD, or GTVA in its name. If a group of hostile Elysiums or Azrael pass by anything with flak, its buh-bye transports. Freighters fall to the same fate (not mentioning the name *cough* POSEIDON *cough*), as well as science cruisers.

Like Dg said, without shields, flak is 1337. That is why, ladies and gentlemen, nobody makes a mission to attack an Aeolus (shiver) in subspace without Maxims or Trebs.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline silverwolf

• whoa...he still pops in
hmm only if i knew how to fred. i would make that mission and not let them have maxims. maybe trebs depending on what mood i'm in the day i make it....once i learn to fred.

Originally posted by nuclear1
Flak is pretty good for killing anything that doesn't have GVC, GVD, GTC, GTD, or GTVA in its name.

i didn't now a corvette or a shatanas (or other shivan capship)could be killed by flak..... ;)
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Originally posted by nuclear1
... a mission to attack an Aeolus (shiver) in subspace without Maxims or Trebs.

:shaking:

Flak seems annoying at first, but if the turret doesnt find a new target, you need to run after a while and some of them have pretty long ranges.

"Your cynicism appauls me Collosus - I have ten thousand officers and crew willing to die for pants !"

"Go to red alert!"
"Are you sure sir? It does mean changing the bulb"