Author Topic: RELEASE - Tides of Darkness (campaign)  (Read 57286 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: RELEASE - Tides of Darkness (campaign)
No no no, blaming others is far easier and more convenient  :p
And my excuse is that I joined HLP 17 days after this was released, I still had so much mods to play back then

Edit: Ugh, mission 2.
No matter what I do, It's either me or the ravana that dies. Usually the Ravana, at random durations. So many beams and so many fighters on your ass.
It gets rather frustrating after 15 attempts.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 12:28:03 pm by Spoon »
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Haha...yeah...I have no sense of mission balance.
I fail that mission routinely too, I think my pass rate is like 5% during testing. If I ever go back and re-do it I'd have made it like half as hard.
Just cheat :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Had to skip a few missions because some missions are just plain unfair toward the player.
A lot of: Disarm all beam cannons everywhere and at the same time! MAKE IT SNAPPY! missions, kinda reminded me of DoS  :p and when all warships are firing beams at each other, my initial reaction (oddly enough :P ) isn't to move inside close range to help disarm.
I liked the explaination for the capella supernova but the story in general made little sense to me and wasn't very involving.
I hate to say this but in all complete and open honesty, I didn't liked it too much
Urutorahappī!!

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 09:48:47 pm by High Max »
;-)   #.#   *_*   ^^   ^-^   ^_^

I played the first 2 Missions and must say very funny so long.

In mission 2 i died 3 times in a row by Beam fire. After them i noticed the chatter they say move away..
Yeah Droid do you hate the player  :wtf: and kill him quickly at the start of Mission 2.  :beamz:  :lol:

But if you know this - they will be nothing kill you again. Move move. *gg*

I played on "Very Easy" and the Ravana survived with 11% Hull.
I think on "Medium" this mission will be a nightmare  :D

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I did forget to mention that I really did liked taking on the lucy with the beam equipped fighter. After all, if you can't defeat the beamz0r's, join them in their madness  :lol:
Urutorahappī!!

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 09:48:57 pm by High Max »

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I did forget to mention that I really did liked taking on the lucy with the beam equipped fighter. After all, if you can't defeat the beamz0r's, join them in their madness  :lol:

I remember giggling madly about attacking fighters with the STinys. Something about the massive overkill.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny

I remember giggling madly about attacking fighters with the STinys. Something about the massive overkill.

It would have been very useful in the last mission to have that.....
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
~ + 0? :drevil:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Kosh

Yeah I forgot to check the date on the previous post before posting. Still, I just recently played it through, except on the last mission where I got stuck.

There's also two missions that CTD'd on startup, but I don't see anyone else having that problem.....
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Actually, Kosh, I think I do have the CTD problem as well, but since I couldn't be bothered to ask for help here (I still can't), I resorted to CMD + SHIFT + S.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Kosh

What does that do?

Brain I/O error

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 09:49:32 pm by High Max »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Shift + S shrinks the game's window to the taskbar. Not sure why he included CMD though since that is not a key on he keyboard but looks like the abbreviation for 'command'. If the game crashes, I have to resort to Ctrl+Alt+Delete usually though.

You're clueless.
What does that do?

Ctrl-Shift-S unlocks all missions of a campaign in the techroom.

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 09:49:52 pm by High Max »

Offline Agusfri

Tides of Darkness  With Mediavps_3612 miss SF Dragon textures, if you look in the tech room with 3612 mediavps and select sf dragon its look like invisible ship. it the only bug (if i could call it) i have found.

Sorry for my spelling

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
and here I thought battuta split it.

Try with 3.6.10 mediavps.

Not my fault FSU decided to go **** all and screw backwards compatibility. Sure as hell ain't going back and fixing **** cause god knows whats just gonna break again the next time around >.>

/bitter rant
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
FSU has never promised backwards compatibility, assets come and go with each release.  Why that impression was ever made is beyond me.  If you depend on specific assets that exist in the mediavps, you're better off including those assets yourself than relying on them to always be around.  The only things the MediaVPs are supposed to do is enhance retail data.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Qent

There need to be, like, guidelines, for how to handle dependencies like that and stuff.