Author Topic: WIP Shivan Transport Azrael  (Read 20930 times)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Re: WIP Shivan Transport Azrael
I like the serrated fins. Nice work.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
:bump:

Bumped because I remembered this thread existed, and started looking through it and was like damn that was one sweet-looking WIP.

I'm contemplating resuming work on this one... but even if I don't, some people may have forgotten it exists... I noticed, for example, that it's still red in the mediavps model status thread.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I remember it.

Offline Kolgena

We could always bother Rga Noris to take a crack at it if he wants to. His track record for completing WIPs is pretty amazing. :D

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
:bump:

Bumped because I remembered this thread existed, and started looking through it and was like damn that was one sweet-looking WIP.

I'm contemplating resuming work on this one... but even if I don't, some people may have forgotten it exists... I noticed, for example, that it's still red in the mediavps model status thread.
That thread hasn't been updated in ages, so yours isn't the only model that hasn't been acknowledged there. :p

And by all means, keep cracking at it. :yes:

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I don't think I'm going to do much more with this. If someone wants to pick this one up where I left off, go ahead...

That said, I definitely think it could use some more modeling work before it gets converted; there's a lot of suggested detail in the textures, for example, which could make some parts of it look better, and the 'chin' probably ought to be redesigned outright... it's just too bland, as it is.

Oh, and the turrets -- they need some love too.

I wouldn't mind getting early access to the WIP/finished POF though, once it gets to the conversion stage.  ;)

Edit: downloady
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 02:55:53 am by Aardwolf »

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Although I'm busy with the other two ships, namely the Hygeia and the Argo, it's been three years since Aardwolf, the Azrael's original modeller left off and I am taking over to finish what he started. I've added details on the back and the front. Check these attached images out. This is very awesome.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline majorvader111

• Don't Puckle With Shuckles
Although I'm busy with the other two ships, namely the Hygeia and the Argo, it's been three years since Aardwolf, the Azrael's original modeller left off and I am taking over to finish what he started. I've added details on the back and the front. Check these attached images out. This is very awesome.

Good to see someone finishing the forgotten models.

Cheers
STRAYA... Home of Death, Trash Internet & The Police State Downunder.

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships

Bryan, I'll give you an advice: Finish what you have started. You still haven't prooven to be able to go to the end of the line, and I can tell you that nobody will finish what you've started for you since everyone is working on his own projects and it's a lot of work. Until you have release some models, you will be seen as an enthusiastic modeller but not as a community contributor. I will restrain myself to comment on your models until you focus on one.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yeah.. I've aleady UV mapped Aardwolf's model and have a new base texture applied, I just haven't finished it yet. You are certainly free to continue your work though.. I'm just not going to start the UVs from scratch again.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
mjn.mixael, you did the good job working on Aardwolf's model. I can't wait to see it :)

Bryan, I'll give you an advice: Finish what you have started. You still haven't prooven to be able to go to the end of the line, and I can tell you that nobody will finish what you've started for you since everyone is working on his own projects and it's a lot of work. Until you have release some models, you will be seen as an enthusiastic modeller but not as a community contributor. I will restrain myself to comment on your models until you focus on one.

Focus on one? What one are you referring to? The Hygeia, Argo or Azrael?

By the way, I'm using a more recent version of my Blender modelling software. I don't know where I can start my Blender to POF conversion from there.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Focus on one? What one are you referring to? The Hygeia, Argo or Azrael?
By the way, I'm using a more recent version of my Blender modelling software. I don't know where I can start my Blender to POF conversion from there.
Pick anyone, it doesn't matter, but stick to it. You can use any version of Blender for modelling and PCS2 for conversion. You can find instructions on the wiki, though some of the information is outdated (like the collada exporter configuration).

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
My previous post has made irrelevant - since my computer froze and hung more than 30 minutes ago, but here's an update: The HTL model for the Azrael is done, with three turrets. I hope Mjn.mixael will take it and UV-wrap my new model, but I'll keep working on, including getting it into the game.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I already told you that I have the previous version unwrapped already. I'm not doing that again just because you spent a little time tweaking the model...

Offline majorvader111

• Don't Puckle With Shuckles

i agree take your time and finish the models your have started first before starting other models
STRAYA... Home of Death, Trash Internet & The Police State Downunder.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
I already told you that I have the previous version unwrapped already. I'm not doing that again just because you spent a little time tweaking the model...

mjn.mixael, provide me the UV-wrapped model, and I'll try to convert it to POF...

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Aesaar

No one asked you to.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
My previous post has made irrelevant - since my computer froze and hung more than 30 minutes ago, but here's an update: The HTL model for the Azrael is done, with three turrets. I hope Mjn.mixael will take it and UV-wrap my new model, but I'll keep working on, including getting it into the game.
@aesaar

mjn.mixael, provide me the UV-wrapped model, and I'll try to convert it to POF...
Why? It needs to be textured and LODed with debris first.

Offline Aesaar

@aesaar

I herpderped.  Apologies.