Author Topic: PCS2 User to User Help  (Read 109995 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: PCS2 User to User Help
That Radeon 9200 should be able to run PCS2 I would think.  I've never tried it myself on something that old though.  I doubt SP3 would help but I never had any problems installing it on my XP boxes.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Problem solved (or rather worked around, I guess): I switched to using the integrated Intel 82845G, at which point the crashes went away. Query OpenGL gives 1.3.0 as the version now.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Strange, but at least that confirms it's graphics card related through either the hardare or drivers. :\
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Did you do an reset x-form before exporting?  That error is usually because you did an move/rotate/scale before you exported (there's extra information in the dae file that the converter can't handle)
That could possibly be fixed if someone would send me a model with this 'problem'.

I'll have to remake one for you, but there was a separate node entry that contains the rotate/translate/scale values.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
Is PCS2 still open for improvements or suggestions?

I might be able to come up with one or two things feature wise, and there's a couple things
at least that are named (sort of) wrong... or at least they could be less confusing to new folks
if they matched like they are meant to.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Are we opening up the thread for bug reports? If so, I have a few in mind to report...

-Thaeris
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
I need some help with PCS2.

I'm importing a part of a collada model into a POF, which works great. It's actually amazing how well it works. :)

The only problem is, that it doesn't import the texture used on the new submodel. Is that a bug?

I noticed I can create new textures/materials in PCS2. How can I assign them to a submodel?

I'm using the October 2008 build, cause the newer Collada compatible build crash for me.
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
There's a November one that should work, it crashes for you too?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

I got a question too with collada,
When i export models from 3dsmax to pcs2 by collada, it works greatly with pcs2.
Now my problem is that when i export from pcs2 to 3dsmax, modify things, then export collada , when i open that with pcs2, pcs2 will crash... is it normal?
Because when you have to modify something on a existing model i don"t want to replace all the dock point  path etc... in pcs2 as it takes hours...
i'm not home i don't remember wich version of pcs2 i use, i think it's the last one.
Ah and when i save a pof, pcs2 will crash everytime, but it save the pof correctly... i'm running windows 7 64 bit version.
$Formula: ( every-time
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)
+Name: Procratination
+Repeat Count: 99999999999
+Interval: 1

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
If you have the original Model and have to edit it why not start with it, rename the old .pof, export the model and then do a global import from the renamed one?  You may have to still tweak a few things but no more then you have to do anyway.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

because psc2 will crash too? i'll try it tonight !
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)

Ok i've just try it,
When i use the global import, i lose all the geometry part, i mean i lose all subobject even detail-0
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
So yeah, maybe if someone would pay attention to that thread I posted (http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=65680.0), we might not have to deal with all these "PCS2 will crash" bugs.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Ok i've just try it,
When i use the global import, i lose all the geometry part, i mean i lose all subobject even detail-0

What version of PCS2 are you using?  I done this many times without a problem.   Well except for rotating subsystem and turret data needing to be entered correctly. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Aardwolf: i m no coder at all, i don't see how i could give any help about it.
my pcs2.1 version is 4 jan 2009
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Get the 2.03 Collada from November (check Chief's sig used to be there) it's much more stable.  2.1 was an alpha release and is not at all stable.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
The 2.0.3 link should still be in the article in my sig link, unless someone removed it.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Aardwolf: i m no coder at all, i don't see how i could give any help about it.
my pcs2.1 version is 4 jan 2009

I didn't say you were.

I'm just saying that as long as people are going to completely ignore the research I did to figure out the cause of that crash, and nobody is independently trying to figure out the problem, and nobody is working on a solution, it's not going to get fixed.

Edit: on a related note, everything after the PCS2 beta uses VBOs and, as such, will crash and burn. That's probably why Reprobator isn't using 2.0.3 / the Collada import version.

Well in fact i've just missed the last collada pcs2 version ;p
I did download it form the wiki, i'll try the one you told me this evening.
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)