Author Topic: War in Heaven work-in-progress screenshots  (Read 80083 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Re: War in Heaven work-in-progress screenshots
The same artillery frigate is featured in the wallpaper that Battuta and The E made by the way.

Offline Madcat

Hot damn... that muzzle flash... now I know what you mean with "polishing"!  :eek2:

Keep on polishing!!!  :nod: :yes:

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
No amount of words can equate to the epicness of those shots.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
You should see the effects on the receiving end. Railgun impacts got the same scripting treatment as bomb detonations...

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
So much for Narayana being secret.
I guess that since it's been officially revaeled, posting awesome screens of it is OK.
BTW, on FSPL everyone knew about it for quite some time, due to it becoming a favourite ship of one person with keen eyes and large monitor.  :)

Offline Aardwolf

It was already mentioned by name somewhere else (possibly in one of the infoblurbs?), and was seen briefly in the Solaris demo video (the Toreador) and in that video of that mini-campaign somebody was making... Dilmah G, I think? First Battle of Neptune, or somesuch.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I guess that since it's been officially revaeled, posting awesome screens of it is OK.
BTW, on FSPL everyone knew about it for quite some time, due to it becoming a favourite ship of one person with keen eyes and large monitor.  :)
It's pretty easy to see on the Battle of Neptune video, it's godly.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

A poorly-kept secret at best. ;)
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
That muzzleflash is awful. :P Do you have any idea how much of your rails you're ejecting into space with each shot if it's that huge?

You could make the shot itself shiney, and I'd accept that, but this is just ridiculous. It's a railgun dammit!
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
unless it isn't a railgun?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

Then you have even less excuse.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Then you have even less excuse.

It's definitely a railgun, and heck I was thinking the same thing about it not making much sense for a railgun (and an exoatmospheric one at that) to have a big muzzleflash, but...man it looks cool.

So call it a chemically assisted projectile and it's all good, man, just roll with it.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Maybe some of the atmosphere inside the firing chamber escapes through the barrel when the slug/missile/whatever is loaded, is sucked into space and is burned up by the projectile's insane velocity before it can disperse enough to be unnoticeable/unaffected.

or maybe HOLY EXPLOSION BATTMAN IT LOOKS AWESOME, STOP COMPLAINING :P

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
That detonation is the gunnery crew being blown out with the projectile.

This is why Narayanas have a crew of at least 5000. They are required for prolonged engagements.

Offline -Norbert-

Is that water surrounded by plants on the mars surface?
If yes, how far did this terraforming effort go? Does mars already have breathable air and pressure adequate for humans to walk outside without protection?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Is that water surrounded by plants on the mars surface?
If yes, how far did this terraforming effort go? Does mars already have breathable air and pressure adequate for humans to walk outside without protection?

It's coming along. The fiction we have suggests a cold but survivable environment out there, including breathable air. Presumably those crazy ridiculous power sources got put to use for stuff other than absurdly powerful weapons. Also, there were comets.

46 meter diameter muzzles? Hot damn... those are so big you can nearly shove an Ursa into the muzzle of one of those as sort of a kamikaze move or even shoving a Helios down into it... Let alone the Mass Driver shells themselves are the size of another large bomber itself....

With the sheer size of the muzzles themselves, i cant help but wonder how much ammo the main cannons are outfitted with and how fast they can be reloaded to refire...

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It's much, much easier if you have the magic gravity manipulation tech the FS universe has.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
46 meter diameter muzzles? Hot damn... those are so big you can nearly shove an Ursa into the muzzle of one of those as sort of a kamikaze move or even shoving a Helios down into it... Let alone the Mass Driver shells themselves are the size of another large bomber itself....
Now there's an idea...fire an Ursa at super-speed at the enemy, then have said Ursa fire a Helios salvo at an even greater speed.  It's brilliant!

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Now there's an idea...fire an Ursa at super-speed at the enemy, then have said Ursa fire a Helios salvo at an even greater speed.  It's brilliant!

Yo Dawg,

I heard you liked bombing, so I put bombers in your bombs so you can bomb while you bomb!
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke