Author Topic: War in Heaven Gameplay Trailer  (Read 37423 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
War in Heaven Gameplay Trailer
War in Heaven Gameplay Trailer

This trailer shows off 10 minutes worth of gameplay in one of the early missions of War in Heaven. This mission is still work in progress and Battuta did express concern over the dialogue, but doesn't have the time to work on it due to being occupied by real life at the moment. Personally I feel the music is a bit too low on volume, which is totally my fault (in-game volume settings). Video quality is not particularly good, but should be decent enough for this purpose. Some staffers did mention audio gets out of sync, but I didn't notice any when I played it in VLC, so might be a player issue... For all its flaws, I hope you will still enjoy this small video I did. I'll try better next time. :p

Edit: Lower-quality YouTube video now available as well.

Edit 2: HerraTohtori has also posted a little gameplay snippet, showing off a truly skilled engagement with a Slammer heavy suppression missile. Youtube-version also available at lower quality.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 01:09:59 pm by Fury »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: War in Heaven Gameplay Trailer
This is a straight-up grab of gameplay from one of our missions, and while it's technically 'work in progress', it gives you a good idea of what the final product will look like. We've got lots more like it; this mission is one of our smaller ones.

One thing Fury didn't mention is that this trailer, in my opinion, shows off some great custom AI - not just on the fighters, but the flak turrets on the GTVA ships, which just look gorgeous.

This isn't a particularly heavily produced product, so don't expect God's own video quality or epic staged choreography, but there are some pretty great glimpses of the skybox as well as some sweet combat. Wish we could show more from later missions...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:49:59 am by General Battuta »

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
 :eek2:

Jesus Christ and Allah!  :lol:

Amazing work :yes: Mission chatter, scripting, music, choreography, it's something I could only dream of! Instant epic.

I haven't downloaded the BP custom AI Dragon posted, so this was my first glimpse of it. Stunning. What difficulty level are we talking about here?

The way those Persei were evading... reminded me of Dragons. That's how those fighters should be flown...

Keep it up, guys!
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Personally I would have preferred a shorter but much more high quality trailer.

I liked the music, it was kinda familiar to me, yet I can't seem to remember where I heard that tone before.

Looking forward to this new chapter :yes:
el hombre vicio...

Offline -Norbert-

Damnit.... Once the Trailer is finished downloading I have to head out to university.
And there I have to sit through four hours of (mostly) boredom, being tormented by the knowledge that the trailer is sitting back here on my harddrive waiting to be watched.... :hopping:

Well... see you in four hours and 10 minutes to comment on the video itself. :sigh:

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Couldn't resit dling this in my luchbreak...
and it was worth it... :yes:

I am so looking foward to this...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Dogfighting is going to be fun.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Pilot speaking from experience here: Have your finger on the Z key.

* Dilmah heads back to the Ready Room.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
If you're flying the Uriel? ;7

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I'm so looking forward to this now.

And finally! A support ship that repairs hull! I've waited forever to see that in action!
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
It'll be cooler, but in general, it's no use getting into a dogfight on match speed when you can decelerate and let him fill your gunsight, in any ship. :)

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
Will there also be a youtube version of that trailer. 'Cause it doesn't work at all for me. Looks more like a series photos than a film. :nervous:

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/
http://cccp-project.net/

Take your pick and it should play fine.

I haven't downloaded the BP custom AI Dragon posted, so this was my first glimpse of it. Stunning. What difficulty level are we talking about here?
The AI was posted by me. :p

The trailer was played on medium difficulty. Don't worry, easy and very easy difficulties still have penalties for hostile ships. Though the penalties are much reduced from retail values.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 09:13:26 am by Fury »

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
You guys have done amazing things with FSO. BP's really flowered into something wonderful.

I particularly love the characterisation. I can see the dialogue is still a little rough around the edges, but everyone felt immediately human and distinct on a level that's frankly well above most commercial games. This community is blessed.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Thank you. That means a lot coming from you.  :)

The flirtation at the end is a bit on-the-nose. There's one line in particular I'd cut.

So many beautiful things in that trailer, Fury. There was one gorgeous shot where you panned in past the Indus and Churchill, over to the AWACS, which was firing turret broadsides. In the background there was an Aeolus just lighting up space with flak. Pure poetry.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The flirtation at the end is a bit on-the-nose. There's one line in particular I'd cut.

More like going a bit over the top, now that you mentioned it. Perhaps a lot more subtlety will be good.

That aside, though, I think the trailer was great. It showed us what's changed since Darius' video of the UED Solaris in action (and a LOT has changed), and what we can expect from the final release.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline -Norbert-

That was very impressive. I can hardly wait to play it myself.

But if I may make a little suggestion, keep the lines on screen longer. I had problems reading fast enough and had to pause several times to read them completely.

What was that with Uncle? Are they really relatives and if yes, shouldn't Noemi still refer to that person with either rank or name in a combat situation (considering their behaviour I assume she is a rookie and the "uncle" someone longer in the military and of higher rank)?

And I'd like to know something about the Luna incident, if you are willing to talk about it. Was Luna a military base or did the GTVA really bombard a civilian colony prior to that mission?
With all the justificaitons that were given for the GTVA starting this war and saying that it was neccesary for them, I never expected them to go this far either way. That makes me want to fly for the UEF even more!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
You'll find out when you play it!

Offline Darius

Uploaded to YouTube :)

Still being processed, so hopefully video quality should improve.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
It'll be cooler, but in general, it's no use getting into a dogfight on match speed when you can decelerate and let him fill your gunsight, in any ship. :)
I was more referring to simply blasting backwards in reverse and forcing the enemy to overshoot. :P
Unless the reverse thrusters were taken off the Uriel. ;)

Thank you. That means a lot coming from you.  :)

I thought that was strangely pretty funny.