Author Topic: RELEASE: 3.6.12 Release Candidate 1 (RC1)  (Read 38576 times)

Re: RELEASE: 3.6.12 Release Candidate 1 (RC1)
The RC1 mac build crashes without fail if I try to go into a mission.  I've attached the error log.

Here is an excerpt:

Thread 0 Crashed:  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   FS2_Open-Inferno                 0x00064d72 TrackIRDLL::~TrackIRDLL() + 34098
1   FS2_Open-Inferno                 0x0006546e TrackIRDLL::~TrackIRDLL() + 35886
2   FS2_Open-Inferno                 0x00065727 TrackIRDLL::~TrackIRDLL() + 36583
3   FS2_Open-Inferno                 0x00042df6 ade_obj<matrix_h>::ade_obj(char*, char*, ade_lib_handle*) + 111446
4   FS2_Open-Inferno                 0x00043346 ade_obj<matrix_h>::ade_obj(char*, char*, ade_lib_handle*) + 112806
5   FS2_Open-Inferno                 0x00043902 ade_obj<matrix_h>::ade_obj(char*, char*, ade_lib_handle*) + 114274
6   FS2_Open-Inferno                 0x0010473b std::vector<color, SCP_vm_allocator<color> >::_M_insert_aux(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<color*, std::vector<color, SCP_vm_allocator<color> > >, color const&) + 19563
7   FS2_Open-Inferno                 0x0004085a ade_obj<matrix_h>::ade_obj(char*, char*, ade_lib_handle*) + 101818
8   FS2_Open-Inferno                 0x0004094e ade_obj<matrix_h>::ade_obj(char*, char*, ade_lib_handle*) + 102062
9   FS2_Open-Inferno                 0x00037512 ade_obj<matrix_h>::ade_obj(char*, char*, ade_lib_handle*) + 64114

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Seen this one before.  It's nothing to do with trackir.  You need to either install the post processing pack or disable post processing in the launcher. 

No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Online Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
wouldn't it be helpful to have an error message for this kinda thing? something that says "you need to untick some flag or you need the post processing pack. might even cut down on the support issues related to it as well. something for rc2
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Hery had already fixed this, so neither was required. Unfortunately Hery has all but left SCP and has not yet sent diffs for his patches/features he worked on.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Fortunately, Hery either got it to taylor, or taylor beat me to it (though I'm on limited time due to work). As of commit 6003, If you set -post_process, but don't have the shaders, you will get a warning and -post_process will be turned off, preventing crashes.

This has already been duplicated into the 3.6.12 Branch and will be in the next build.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:41:38 pm by High Max »
;-)   #.#   *_*   ^^   ^-^   ^_^

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Probably.  But I'm busy every weekend this month so it'll be another during the week build thing.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
Slight observation - This build removed the new beam effects.  :wtf:

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
...what? It introduced the new beam effects in the first place! If you aren't seeing them, it's because the mod you're playing doesn't use them.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Perhaps he is confused because build 5832 changed how the effects work. Tables made prior build 5832 do not work properly.

Q: If you disable postprocessing in the launcher, can you still have the SEXP-enabled effects?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
No. Post processing only works if enabled in the Launcher.

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
...what? It introduced the new beam effects in the first place! If you aren't seeing them, it's because the mod you're playing doesn't use them.

Ah, forgot to remove the .tbms and whatnot, works fine now.

Offline CaptJosh

Running into a problem. Every 3.6.12 type build freezes up on me when I try to commit to a mission. I get the Windows "This program has stopped responding" dialog with the choices to either Close the program or check for a solution and close the program.

Win7 RTM 64-bit.
MSI branded Geforce 8600GT vid card with 256MB video memory.
SB Audigy 2ZS Platinum sound card.

Tested 3.6.10 release and it just worked. Though it was complaining about a registry entry being missing, probably because I can't install FS2 on windows, and simply have the retail files from a backup prior to installing Win7.

Thoughts?
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Debug log, please.

Offline CaptJosh

What debug log? The app is freezing, not crashing.
CaptJosh

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Whatever is happening, running a debug build and posting the log will probably tell us SOMETHING. We cannot even begin to guess at what's going wrong without that.

Quote from: The Support FAQ that you should have read, but didn't
Your fs2_open.log: (possibly the most important thing ever)
fs2_open.log is a file generated by debug builds. It contains all sorts of useful information that we need in order to help you. That is why you should follow the instructions below and provide us with that file when asking for help. Creating an fs2_open.log happens like this:
  • Download the recommended build (link is in the first post of this thread) if you haven't already and place the .exe files to your \freespace2\ folder.
  • Switch to windowed mode (open the Launcher, open the Features tab, select Dev Tools from the pulldown menu and tick on "Run in window").
  • Select the debug build (fs2_open_3_6_10d.exe) and run it. If you've been experiencing crashes, do exactly what you've done previously, up until it crashes.
    If you have had other issues, it is sufficient to run it until you get to the Main Hall. If the debug build crashes fatally even before getting to the Main Hall, no worries.
    Note that warnings and errors are not the same thing. Warnings are there to tell that something is a bit wrong, but not fatally wrong. You can skip warnings by clicking "No". Errors are more severe and if an error occurs, you really have to quit the game.
  • Quit the game.
  • Find the file called fs2_open.log from \freespace2\data\, copy it to a safe location and deliver it to us by using one of the following means:
    • include it to your post as an attachment (click Additional Options when posting)
    • include it to your post using the "code" tags
    • send it to pastebin and provide us with the link to it

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
What debug log? The app is freezing, not crashing.

Please read the Support FAQ and generate a debug log. Thanks!

I'm gonna guess this is a postprocessing issue.

Offline CaptJosh

Ok, all y'all are gonna LOVE this one. After I ran 3.6.10 release and it complained about a missing video card registry entry, but went on anyway, now it's not freezing... It's just going on. I'm guessing that bit about that registry entry was the issue.
CaptJosh

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Cool, but could we get a 3.6.12 debug log, just to be sure?