Author Topic: Betting pool  (Read 10298 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

4. In the unlikely case, that the game wont get released, the community will find them and beat them with sticks made of cherrywood, wrapped in papers with quotes of Derek Smart...and burn them on the stake...and eat their cats and/or  dogs... and steal their cars :P

I see your cherry stick and raise you a longsword waster and bokken made of hickory; plus I practice Kendo and langswert in the Hans Talhoffer tradition.  You would be well advised to beat the tar out of the rest of the devs before you try me because rest assured you won't be beating up any after me  :drevil:
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Felix 039

• The One True Noob
wewt, back to HLP after months of exile!

Prediction... 1st of September, 2010, awesome 18th Birthday Gift XD

Beer and Cigar afterwards...
Turning pros into noobs since 1992.
---
Oh look, there's something down here!

No there isn't...

Offline eldain

starslayer, did I mention too that I was good with swords, and wooden sticks or actually anything sharp and pointy....
not to mention I've been practising jiu jitsu for 5 years,

I do feel sorry for Angelus though, not knowing the awesome progress we've made (Laughing Out Loud)

in the mean time, I need to get that bastard sword I had in my hand the other day.... zombies werewolves or a mad community just don't sound that scary if I have such an excellent piece of steel in my hand

eldain
---pencils are not only for picking my nose---

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
starslayer, did I mention too that I was good with swords, and wooden sticks or actually anything sharp and pointy....
not to mention I've been practising jiu jitsu for 5 years,

I do feel sorry for Angelus though, not knowing the awesome progress we've made (Laughing Out Loud)

in the mean time, I need to get that bastard sword I had in my hand the other day.... zombies werewolves or a mad community just don't sound that scary if I have such an excellent piece of steel in my hand

eldain

I said: ...in the unlikely case..., so no need to feel sorry for me. :P

I see your cherry stick and raise you a longsword waster and bokken made of hickory; plus I practice Kendo and langswert in the Hans Talhoffer tradition.  You would be well advised to beat the tar out of the rest of the devs before you try me because rest assured you won't be beating up any after me  :drevil:

I call your kendo with Mugai Ryu and Naginata.  :)

Koryu polearm or Koryu swordsmenship versus what has become (thanks to McCarthur) a game of watered down tag that has lost most of it's teeth.  /tease

Some of my best friends study Kendo.  So I say this mainly in jest.  But I am a Naginata-ka.

As to the date:  2/2/11

Gambate!

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic

Koryu polearm or Koryu swordsmenship versus what has become (thanks to McCarthur) a game of watered down tag that has lost most of it's teeth.  /tease

Some of my best friends study Kendo.  So I say this mainly in jest.  But I am a Naginata-ka.

Gambate!

Watch out, SS... this guy's got the power of (thread) necromancy on his side too! :p

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

Gambate!

Watch out, SS... this guy's got the power of (thread) necromancy on his side too! :p

Oh I totally appreciate Kendo is sword as a sport as opposed to sword the killing art.  That said its good for getting better at speed, timing, distance, etc. which is useful with the German Longsword which is completely a no frills killing system.  Actually our class is possibly going to do a Naginata segment later in the year.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

lol SS.  At least we agree on that about Kendo.  And the German Long Sword for that matter.  There is some folks around me that do German (and I think some Italian long sword, but don't quote me on that).  So it has me wondering, where do you live roughly?

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
i think before christmas... 18 december :)
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline Deckard

• DECK-A-R&D
Would be good to have an R1 within the next weeks, indeed. It's been a long time. Although who knows on what real intrincacies the guys up there are fighting against.. Keep up the good work and go it as soon as possible!!  ;)

-------------------------------
Deckard a.k.a The Silencer