Author Topic: Ask a crew member  (Read 281546 times)

Offline Lorric

Spoon, your Luna makes me think of Harry Potter's Luna sometimes. Coincidence?

Offline qwadtep

Or maybe because you can just fly a fighter below their shields and blow the completely exposed reactor to bits in less than 20 seconds...
And yet a single Adasya protected by a few Hertak ships can hold entire fleets at bay unless you have magic Zy missiles to counter them.

The strength of the Fura'ngle is electronic warfare, not mainline combat.

Though I wonder, do shields still not work in subspace in WoD? That would be a really critical weakness for them.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Because FS fighters cannot hope to win against fighters with cycling, 360-degree all-around firepower. Fura'ngle fighters don't have to be pointing at their targets to kill them. Well, on another note...

Does the CSA have any MCWSes that greatly surpasses the Aestival in maneuverability?
No

Spoon, your Luna makes me think of Harry Potter's Luna sometimes. Coincidence?
Yes (Harry potter has a Luna in it? I havent got a clue)

Though I wonder, do shields still not work in subspace in WoD? That would be a really critical weakness for them.
They do.
There is no magical force preventing shields from working in subspace. Unless you have a subspace drive that requires so much power that there is no juice left of the shield generator.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

Well, I wouldn't have asked the question if there wasn't one :)

There is a resemblance in personalities.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Isa: When you become Supreme Empress of the Galaxy, what will be the first thing you order Crystal to do? And after that, what will your first imperial edict be?
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I cant remember if any of this has been asked before but...

To any Terran what works of Science fiction from the year 2012 or before still survives and is any of it still influential to either fiction or Scientific development in your time?

To any Cyrvan is there anything similar to science fiction in Cyrvan culture and does it influence scientific or cultural development?

To all is there any fictional works that have successfully crossed between the two cultures
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
is your name Wynter?

"Uh huh."

somehow, looking at you makes the word reindeer come to mind for some reason.
If I hadn't known Cyrvans were averse to complex AIs, I would have taken it for an android. I don't like it...

"..."

CRYSTAL, dear, sweet Crystal, please step in and help enlighten me as to the nature of the Yehio. Oh, and I'd also like to put the question of "Was there any reaction/surprise when you learned Terrans have an almost exact replica of your race in our fictional works, despite having never made contact with you before?" To you too.

"The Yehio are kind of bird like in their appearance, though they do not have feathers. Hmmm, lets think of an example to compare them with...
Ah, I suppose they resemble a 'pterosaur' a bit in some aspects. Without any offense intended, they are not the smartest of known races. Their slow reflexes makes them poorly suited for fighter combat and indecisive commanders in simulated strategy games. They are also quick to anger but supposedly make for life long friends once you get to understand them.
They do have a remarkable talent for picking up new languages. Without having much direct contact, over 80% of the Yehio population is already fluent in Terran basic. Because of this, the higher circles are already contemplating if there should be Yehio translators onboard CSA ships to help in the situations where a translator device would fail. Last but not least the Yehio have an incredible fine taste and their kitchen arsenal contains many fine dishes."

"It was suprising, yes. But we also noticed a theme in most of these works. In the majority of the works these 'elves' appeared in, they either stepped back to let the 'amazingly special humans' solve the crisis at hand. Or their civiliation was already on the verge of disappearing completely and they had no choice but to."

ISA: I will take you up on your offer. I am particularly interested as to the reasoning for the low ranking of the Fura'ngle. I suppose the fear factor comes into it, but they are a very advanced race. Small numbers perhaps? I was pleasantly surprised by the LSF's ranking. Also, I was surprised you put in the fictional races. Could you add the Kilrathi to the list please?

"The kittycats would be on the same place as Confed before the temblor bomb, and after that below the Fura'ngle.

Now the Hertak and Zy shouldn't need any explanations. The Terrans are there because of all the races they do seem to be adapting to the battlefield the fastest. They also have a decent intelligence network set up and definitely have the easiest time letting their spies blend in with us. The Cordi are next up because of the sheer numbers and resources available to them. Holding off wave hundred shouldnt be a problem, but it gets tiresome after two hundred.
Now what I understand from the EA is that they have a lot of very large vessels with a lot of heavy beam weapons strapped on them, I very much doubt they can sustain a prolonged war for long but their initial attacks may be able to do significant damage. I'm not sure how large of a fleet Confed could muster but from my understanding they control a significant amount of starsystems in their own universe. Their capital ships are also shielded and their bombers yield deadly torpedoes. Now the Fura'ngle are certainly highly advanced and their logistics are effective due to the low amount of resources they need to operate but it would be childplay to destroy their morale and crush their will to wage war. They also have a relative small fleet compared to the other races. In the case of the GTVA&UEF it is simply a matter of numbers, they have too few of them."

Isa must have rich people to buy her birthday gifts... either that or task forces come cheap. This also establishes Cyrvans also celebrate birthdays. Imagine if they celebrated like we do. 1,000 candles on a cake, anyone? :)
"Nay. We don't."
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline qwadtep

Wynter, how long are your twintails?

Also, going off the background, do you serve on the same ship as Yaiceca?

If so, will you slip some alcohol in her drink for us?

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
is your name Wynter?

"Uh huh."
GOAL--!

"..."
er, what's your full name.

To all the new Cyrvans we've seen so far:
Why are your uniforms different from Crystal's?

Crystal: why is your uniform different from what other Cyrvans wear?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 06:37:49 pm by yuezhi »
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Why are your uniforms different from Crystal's but generally the same overall?

that question answers itself, try again.
el hombre vicio...

Crystal: why is your uniform different from what other Cyrvans wear?

That should be obvious: Crystal's in the JGASF, and her particular squadron is assigned to Terran space. Naturally she'd be wearing a different uniform.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Lorric

WYNTER: Please don't be offended. I'm sorry. Can you forgive me? And if you can, can you help us out with getting to know you?

CRYSTAL: Ah, thank you. To clarify, can the Yehio fly? How long do they live, and what size are they?

Hmmm, we helped you out in this one too, didn't we! But it was you who were the star of the show. The saviour of several races. That must make you FAMOUS! How is that going for you? Did you (and the rest of the JGASF maybe) get anything like this?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3yrVpuIyVA#t=8m50s

Ah, one of the most gratifying endings of any game i've played...

ISA: Interesting thought on the spies. However, wouldn't it involve having to sever our ears? I can't see how we could make them look Cyrvan. Plus, surely we'd be scanned and found out as Terrans? I guess since you said it these issues can be got around, but how is it done? Not to mention Terrans being significantly taller than Cyrvans. Though I suppose we could find a small female to play Cyrvan.

And perhaps I should have thought of psychological warfare on the Fura'ngle too. That and the capital ship weakness could see them dealt with quite quickly. The GTVA though, that's two species over a lot of systems. How can they have too few numbers? They'd also be very battle hardened. I notice you gave no mention to the Nordera. Though I agree, they're not fit to be mentioned.

I take it you mean you don't celebrate like us, not that you don't celebrate birthdays?

Thanks everyone! :)

Offline Lorric

ANY CYRVAN BUT YAICECA: Is there any significance as to all the Cyrvans but Emizer having markings on their right cheeks? I know what they are, I'm talking about the placement. Could it be a male/female thing, or all entirely coincidence?

LUNA: Do you have markings too?

JUSTICE: What did you do for/to Spoon to get invulnerability?

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Now the Hertak and Zy shouldn't need any explanations. The Terrans are there because of all the races they do seem to be adapting to the battlefield the fastest. They also have a decent intelligence network set up and definitely have the easiest time letting their spies blend in with us. The Cordi are next up because of the sheer numbers and resources available to them. Holding off wave hundred shouldnt be a problem, but it gets tiresome after two hundred.
Now what I understand from the EA is that they have a lot of very large vessels with a lot of heavy beam weapons strapped on them, I very much doubt they can sustain a prolonged war for long but their initial attacks may be able to do significant damage. I'm not sure how large of a fleet Confed could muster but from my understanding they control a significant amount of starsystems in their own universe. Their capital ships are also shielded and their bombers yield deadly torpedoes. Now the Fura'ngle are certainly highly advanced and their logistics are effective due to the low amount of resources they need to operate but it would be childplay to destroy their morale and crush their will to wage war. They also have a relative small fleet compared to the other races. In the case of the GTVA&UEF it is simply a matter of numbers, they have too few of them."

Surprisingly deep assesment there, but I guess it's par for course for Cyrvan commanders. Wouldn't the Nordera be up there with the Cordi too? They have the numbers and determination as well.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Wouldn't the Nordera be up there with the Cordi too? They have the numbers and determination as well.
They're dumb.

Offline qwadtep

Wouldn't the Nordera be up there with the Cordi too? They have the numbers and determination as well.
They're dumb.
But because they're dumb, they might do something dumb like try to make a juggernaut. Or a juggernaut-size bomb. A juggernaut-size bomb with guns that shoot smaller bombs on it.

Offline aeon48m

• Trying to make SGWP3
    • Minecraft
They're dumb.
But because they're dumb, they might do something dumb like try to make a juggernaut. Or a juggernaut-size bomb. A juggernaut-size bomb with guns that shoot smaller bombs on it.
That's dumb. And probably wouldn't work. But mostly dumb.
"Hell, ultra-AAA's are more powerfull than the sgreen, but then again, those are meant ot literaly sodemise fighters with their long powerfull shaft."

Offline -Norbert-

They are slow, extremely vulnerable to energy weapons and their own weapons can barely pierce shields. They are barely a threat to LSF ships and thus almost helpless against Cyrvans.

Offline -Norbert-

To anyone willing and able to answer:
Can you describe what the Yehio homeworld is like (climate, geography and such)?
Are there any Cyrvans resentfull toward the Yehio for sparking of the Cyrvan civil war?

The mention of Terran basic also sparked my interrest. How does it relate to the languages spoken on Earth during the 21st century?

Edit: Sorry for doublepost... I only noticed I did that right now. I guess I was still so focussed on editing the Yehio information into the wiki that I wasn't paying attention over here... :o
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 12:07:21 pm by -Norbert- »

Offline Quanto

• Permanent Nostalgia Goggles
They're dumb.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:23:24 am by Quanto »
00:41:58 <DarthGeek>: I might do it, I need to build a reputation of someone who doesn't suffer fools
(DarthGeek on: "Relentless")