Author Topic: Ask a crew member  (Read 280385 times)

Cyrvans: Ever tried Terran Video Games?
"Yes, and they tend to be stupidly simple and without challenge."
Which ones? If you haven't tried it, I suggest Dwarf Fortress.

Freaking.

Dwarf.

Fortress.

Still "simple and without challenge?"

(A bit late, but its relevant because the new DF release happened! Also, "Terran Video Games" is a bit... generic.)
This is my only contribution to FSSCP

These mods are made from natural code that we pump in from retail. If you tried to run one, it would be like standing outside with nostalgia and pure awesome shining on your face. It would also set your computer on fire, so don't actually do it.

Offline -Norbert-

It is today... but maybe in the future there will only be 5 video games. All the "old" (ie our current) stuff was lost due to the UEU outlawing video games (shouldn't be a problem for a government that managed to force practically every Human being to have their children genetically modified pre-birth) and since then only a few halfhearted attempts to revive video gaming have been made.
Though thanks to Misuzus hobby we at least know that mecha-anime survived in some way :lol:

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Also, whatever ArmA is the current release in your time could be worth a try. Of course, if they managed to fix airplanes and AI.
You might also try "I Wanna Be The Guy" if you want challenge.  :)

Hmm. I'm Curious...

Isa: I noticed the list, where would you rate the Trade Emergency Coalition, The Advent, or the Vasari from Sins of a Solar Empire?
What about the Hiigarans from homeworld 2? Where would rate them? What about the Robotech Expeditionary Force from ..well, Robotech? I know that the REF has laughable numbers, but the SDF class vessals would make a huge difference from my understanding.

And what about the united federation of planets? I'm only asking cause, while their ships might not look useful, good GOD can they move.
To the list i'd made...

What about the Vorlon Empire? Or the Shadows? What about the humans of Star Blazers?
Hell, could the Vorlons pose a threat to the Hertak? The shadows might, but thats because they love appearing out of freaking nowhere.

Crystal: Have you ever read the Web Comic Schlock Mercenary? If not, you should. Its complete insanity and randomness.
Avoid Narbonic like the plague unless you wish to start being obsessed with Ur-Gurbils.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I'm asking about names again.

Crystal: Is your name really in English? Is "Crystal" just a translated name that you answer to because you work with the LSF? If so, what is your name in Cyrvan?

"Crystal was the closest Terran equivalent. I don't mind it, its pretty close to how you say my name in Cyrvan. "

So, like this then?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMBxBS0tgwk
"Yes. Only eighty percent less scotish, less orange and significantly less pronounced wings and beaks."

To anyone willing and able to answer:
Can you describe what the Yehio homeworld is like (climate, geography and such)?
Are there any Cyrvans resentfull toward the Yehio for sparking of the Cyrvan civil war?

The mention of Terran basic also sparked my interrest. How does it relate to the languages spoken on Earth during the 21st century?
"Cold, windy and mountainous.
There may be a few, but as far as I know there is no major movement of people or political groupings that actively hate the Yehio.

What I read from history articles on the subject: Terran basic is for the most part English with common used words from other european languages mixed in. The UEU wanted the language to be globally spoken so they abolished the teaching of other languages on schools. They also wanted it to be a 'gentlemen's' language so it originally contained very few swear words and insults. It is still the most common spoken language on every Terran colony, though over the years many dialects have naturally developed. Especially after the influence of the UEU on the colonies started to wane."

CRYSTAL: Ah, thank you. To clarify, can the Yehio fly? How long do they live, and what size are they?
"No they cannot.
Around 150 years
Between 150 to 170cm tall"

To any Cyrvan is there anything similar to science fiction in Cyrvan culture and does it influence scientific or cultural development?
"Science fiction has never really been big in Cyrvan culture... I wonder why..?"

ANY CYRVAN BUT YAICECA: Is there any significance as to all the Cyrvans but Emizer having markings on their right cheeks? I know what they are, I'm talking about the placement. Could it be a male/female thing, or all entirely coincidence?
"Coincidence, its a family thing. Both male and female members of the family wear the Hyalj on roughly the same place"

ANYONE BUT YAICECA: Cyrvan ears look rigid and fragile. Are they, or are they flexible? Can you bend them back all the way like Terran ears? And do they do anything that Terran ears can't? Is there a reason they protrude that like that?
"Almost as flexible."

I'm seconding this question.

Could Cyrvans, in theory, take somebody's eye out with their ears?

"I don't think anyone has ever tried..."

LUNA: Do you have markings too?

"I would show you, but I can't seem to remove this helmet."

Isa: Where would the FS2-era Shivans be on that list? Surprised nobody asked this, actually.
Forget about Robotech. Ask about Marcoss!
In that regard I guess the dimension eater from Macross Frontier would be pretty much instant kill, since the only defense against those is a dimensional fault, which only the Vajra can create (and maybe LAI, well after the series ends.... who can tell).

But one thing I can tell already: A Zy pilot would feel right at home in a Valkyrie, especially with armor-pack (keyword "missile massacre" ;) ).
Hmm. I'm Curious...

Isa: I noticed the list, where would you rate the Trade Emergency Coalition, The Advent, or the Vasari from Sins of a Solar Empire?
What about the Hiigarans from homeworld 2? Where would rate them? What about the Robotech Expeditionary Force from ..well, Robotech? I know that the REF has laughable numbers, but the SDF class vessals would make a huge difference from my understanding.

And what about the united federation of planets? I'm only asking cause, while their ships might not look useful, good GOD can they move.

"By Feryaa... I shall not list every fictional space faring species or organisation in some kind of power ranking. You shall cease this flood of questions on this subject."

Wynter, how long are your twintails?

"Shoulderblade length.
How long are yours?"

Since noone started on Wynter, here I go.

So, tell us a bit more about you. What rank do you have in the Cyrvan Fleet ? In what ship do you serve/do you command ?

Are you a pro-Terran like Crystal, a Cyrvan supremacist like Isa, a troll like Yaiceca, or someone more... strange, like Luna ?
"I'm currently still a trainee.
I don't really care about Terrans, they are on the otherside of the galaxy. I don't have to deal with them."

er, what's your full name.
"Wynter Celbrat."

Also, going off the background, do you serve on the same ship as Yaiceca?
If so, will you slip some alcohol in her drink for us?

"Sure."

I cant remember if any of this has been asked before but...

To any Terran what works of Science fiction from the year 2012 or before still survives and is any of it still influential to either fiction or Scientific development in your time?

To all is there any fictional works that have successfully crossed between the two cultures

"Lord of the Rings and Star trek.
There are several translation projects going on, translating Cyrvan and Terran literature for the reading amusement of both races."

Kunoichi: Have you ever considered learning ninjitsu, just so that your callsign has a less negative reason for being? Also, with the level of tech you people have and a little guidence from Misuzu, a little 'Ninja Magic' wouldn't be out of reach. People would then actively keep an eye out for you, if you kept on appearing in puffs of smoke or dropping down from airvents/ceilings at a moments notice.
Ignore that statement, Pilot. Remember, seduction and distraction are a kunoichi's most effective weapons.  :nod:
Unfortunately, she has already learned along a different path, having discovered the Secret Ninja Art Of Not Being Seen.

"Leave me alone..." *sob*
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Oh dear, you guys made Isa upset.

...and Kunoichi.

Offline Lorric

Oh dear, you guys made Isa upset.

...and Kunoichi.

And Wynter didn't talk to me. I think she may be mad at me...

I would have been extremely surprised if Isa had answered those questions. I was surprised she answered the first batch.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Dammit Spoon, you got me listening to the Precursors SC2 remix project again. The Yehat theme is one of my favourites from SC2, and it has some great remixes.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Lorric

ANYONE BUT YAICECA: I've got another question on Cyrvan ears. I saw a TV program recently where some girl was having surgery to have her ears pinned back due to bullying at school over them. It was ridiculous, they didn't even look stuck out, I thought they looked cute. But the bottom line is large ears, at least in my timeline, are looked down upon unfortunately by some of the primitive idiots around. Hopefully such pathetic behaviour will be eradicated by your timeline. Anyway, the bottom line is large ears are not a good thing in my timeline. For a Cyrvan, are large ears good, bad, or does it simply not matter. I was wondering if large or small ears might be deemed more attractive for instance?

Offline LunarNightmare

• ...what year is it?
    • Minecraft
ANYONE BUT YAICECA: I've got another question on Cyrvan ears. I saw a TV program recently where some girl was having surgery to have her ears pinned back due to bullying at school over them. It was ridiculous, they didn't even look stuck out, I thought they looked cute. But the bottom line is large ears, at least in my timeline, are looked down upon unfortunately by some of the primitive idiots around. Hopefully such pathetic behaviour will be eradicated by your timeline. Anyway, the bottom line is large ears are not a good thing in my timeline. For a Cyrvan, are large ears good, bad, or does it simply not matter. I was wondering if large or small ears might be deemed more attractive for instance?

Primitive and pathetic? Heh, you're talking about a good 95% of our population there Lorric.  :P

I will second the question, though I disagree with trying to avoid Yaiceca.

Offline Lorric

Primitive and pathetic? Heh, you're talking about a good 95% of our population there Lorric.  :P

I will second the question, though I disagree with trying to avoid Yaiceca.

Why do you like her so much?

I'll stop trying to avoid her if her attitude improves. Then I'll give her another chance. Can't tell right now, as she didn't show up in the latest batch of answers.

EDIT: Another question, this one for ISA. Why don't you have pupils? All the other members of your race have them that I have seen so far. And all members of my race have them. Why can't I see any in you? I look into your eyes sometimes, and I wonder if it's those eyes that have mesmerised so many people on here to worship you as some sort of mistress/goddess...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 01:28:56 pm by Lorric »

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Psst, artist style is part of the 4th wall. Question not, you should.

Offline qwadtep

There's always the chance that Isa has some sort of neural link to her ship and is actually blind or something.

"Shoulderblade length.
How long are yours?"
If I had twintails I suspect they'd be about ear length.
By the way, it's refreshing to see a Cyrvan who isn't elitist, insane, tsundere, or Luna.  You should apply for a transfer to the JGASF, you'd be welcome there, I think.

Offline Lorric

There's always the chance that Isa has some sort of neural link to her ship and is actually blind or something.

"Shoulderblade length.
How long are yours?"
By the way, it's refreshing to see a Cyrvan who isn't elitist, insane, tsundere, or Luna.  You should apply for a transfer to the JGASF, you'd be welcome there, I think.

Heyyyy, what's wrong with Luna?

As for Wynter, I found it interesting that she is a trainee, yet on the other side of the galaxy. I wonder how she's going to fit into the story then, unless we get to play as her.

"Shoulderblade length.
How long are yours?"

As for Wynter, I found it interesting that she is a trainee, yet on the other side of the galaxy. I wonder how she's going to fit into the story then, unless we get to play as her.

Cyrvan trainee for the JGASF?
This is my only contribution to FSSCP

These mods are made from natural code that we pump in from retail. If you tried to run one, it would be like standing outside with nostalgia and pure awesome shining on your face. It would also set your computer on fire, so don't actually do it.

Offline Lorric

"Shoulderblade length.
How long are yours?"

Cyrvan trainee for the JGASF?

WYNTER: "I'm currently still a trainee.
I don't really care about Terrans, they are on the otherside of the galaxy. I don't have to deal with them."

Offline qwadtep

Nothing's wrong with Luna. She's lovely. Lovely Luna.

I'm just saying that, you know, Wynter would be a nice addition, like Chitose and the Moon Angel Troupe.

Hmm. I'm Curious...

Heck, why not just throw in every race/faction in all science fiction while we're at it?

Here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aliens_in_fiction
http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=187922
http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=202548

Get to work

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Nothing's wrong with Luna. She's lovely. Lovely Luna.

I'm just saying that, you know, Wynter would be a nice addition, like Chitose and the Moon Angel Troupe.

Chitose was my favourite of the Moon Angel Troupe >.>
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Destiny

• Twintails are eternal!
Vanilla banzai!

(I like Chitose a lot, though.)