Author Topic: Esarai's Fleetpack - New Content 06-13-2011  (Read 81921 times)

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Esarai's Fleetpack - New Content 06-13-2011

Emperor (mediafire)
Emperor (FS Mods)
========================================================================================

Phoenix Rising 2048
Phoenix Rising 4096
=======================================================================================

TF Gefjon 2048
TF Gefjon 4096
=======================================================================================

Esarai's Missile Pack

TF-13 Kvasir

Skjoldr 2048
Skjoldr 4096

Stheno 2048]

---------Previews----------
Horizon-class battleship

« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 01:24:58 am by esarai »
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
Re: Esarai's Fleetpack (Emperor Flagship and Phoenix Multirole Frigate)
Niiiiiiice

Hooooo boy... that is one rather fine looking ship you've got there  :yes: :yes:

Me Likey.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Cheers mate.
Getting this makes up for the lack of pirate day celebrations. ;)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Is this the version with the fixed up destroyed turrets and stuff?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Yes, I made sure of it when I handed the package to Esarai.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Droid803

good. wouldn't want the faulty package being passed around. :3
(´・ω・`)

Online Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
This is truly awesome. (well, all the ships in your fleet are awesome).

Any plans for making a cruiser-sized vessel sometime? That's really the only thing you're missing, and some of your design ideas would go well on a cruiser.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
****. Yes.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
FYI, I redid the tables to put placeholder weapons (because part of the deal was that we could not release the ones that come with it) so you'll likely want to change them a bit.

EDIT: http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.645 FSmods link
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 10:56:53 pm by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
yeah, was wondering why noone had made a Star Destroyer remake in the FS2 universe... Now it is.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Droid803

What?
This isn't very Star Destroyer-esque O_o much to round and not triangular
(´・ω・`)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
sexy, ****ing sexy
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

It appears to be fairly good but my critique side of me is dying to scream out. No offenses but I personally believe critique is the path to a better tomorrow and improvement in the long run  :D.

The efficient use of textures certainly is admirable but the UV map on EFM2_1 does not take advantage of every eekling of space  :wtf:. Meaning you wasted texture space that could increase texture resolution. I have learned that every little bit of space counts and every bit of space used means more pixels for us to see and enjoy  :eek2:.

The UV space on 2 is a lot better except that the space for the engines is god frighteningly huge :blah:. Given the size of thruster glows I've seen the resolution would be clouded by said glows. You could save tons more space for more visible parts of the ship by squeezing that engine section down to size and expanding the others.

Additionally the bevels in the hull appear to be embossed. Meaning the diffuse has highlight shading on it. I recommend you scrap that except for a non normal map version. This is because diffuse shading could conflict with normal map shading, creating odd visual effects. I recommend you create a layer made of only lines and create a blurred version above it or use photoshop's layer effects without the highlighting. It will create the illusion of an overcast bevel on all sides. This way when the normal map lighting hits it, it will not conflict with the diffuse map and will work on all angles and not just a specific few.

These are just some suggestions I have learned over the years both personally, from others, and college. You obviously don't have to listen to me but hey, have my two pennies  :D.
I have created a masterpiece.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Thanks all!

Vengence, this was one of my earliest UV mapped ships.  I tried to be as efficient as possible without causing strange texture distortions.  And yes, the bevels in the hull are embossed.  The map was created well before I was proficient in making normal maps, and was a method to account for it.  Now, on bevels, I use the 'Inner shadow' effect with zero distance and decent size and spread settings.  Makes for a much nicer height gradient in the heightmaps. 
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
 :eek2:

Nice model.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
What?
This isn't very Star Destroyer-esque O_o much to round and not triangular

Actually, I can see where he's coming from. It does share certain design features with a Venator-class Star Destroyer and also Executor-class Super Star Destroyer (albeit in much smaller scale).

Much more fluid lines and sort of sophisticated design here, though. The ISD's are sort of brutal, this ship exudes elegance and valour. Looking at this ship I feel it isn't far-fetched at all that an emperor could use this as their flagship. :yes:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Yes.  This looks like a re-made the Executor in the ante-Capella style of ship design, especially the engine positioning which is much like the Executor's.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Vengence, this was one of my earliest UV mapped ships.  I tried to be as efficient as possible without causing strange texture distortions.  And yes, the bevels in the hull are embossed.  The map was created well before I was proficient in making normal maps, and was a method to account for it.  Now, on bevels, I use the 'Inner shadow' effect with zero distance and decent size and spread settings.  Makes for a much nicer height gradient in the heightmaps.  

Makes sense, explains that this wasn't something you've cooked up in a matter of minutes recently  :).

Yes.  This looks like a re-made the Executor in the ante-Capella style of ship design, especially the engine positioning which is much like the Executor's.

I am sure Palpatine and Issard would be pleased  :). And Kuat would appreciate your monetary contributions to produce such a fine vessel.
I have created a masterpiece.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
That's one fine ship...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Yes.  This looks like a re-made the Executor in the ante-Capella style of ship design, especially the engine positioning which is much like the Executor's.

I am sure Palpatine and Issard would be pleased  :). And Kuat would appreciate your monetary contributions to produce such a fine vessel.
I'd much rather make a contribution to the Argos Naval Yards for a re-design of your super-destroyer, especially since there's new reference material in the form of the SFLv Leviathan. :p
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems